Bluemour Discussion Thread XI - Facts Not Welcome

Under what circumstances will you be happy to trade for Shiel?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL House has told the club what we will be getting re assistance. It's going to be announced on or just after grand final day I believe. I can't say exactly what it is but supporters will be happy.
This is the only thing that makes sense... how are we supposed to negotiate if we don't know with what we are negotiating...

Was a recent rumour by 90VS I think that we've offered someone 6 years with an option for one more...so coincides with this 7 year offer for Shiel rumour...

Dam that's a big contract...im assuming on about one million a year too. Huge contract, almost a 'too good to refuse' type offer for a player like shiel who is A grade but not elite.

Im a little confused who has been offered the seven year deal as I have seen two different answers in the last 5 pages. Kelly and Shiel. I cant keep up.:huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had a crack 2015/16/17

Sounds like SOS and the team have been searching anywhere and everywhere this year, picks and cash in tow

We had a crack last few years but by all reports SOS was being a tightarse and not willing to offer much in terms of $$$ or contract length to the likes of Prestia and Carlisle and it cost us their signatures in the end. All part of the plan though.

Clearly now with rumoured offers of over a million for Shiel, quite a lot for McGovern and on long-term contracts, SOS is more serious about getting mature talent in now and loosening the purse strings.

We're really having a full on crack at it now, throwing everything at our trade targets unlike previous years.

Shiel 95% coming to Carlton. 1.1mil for 5 years. Would take another club to beat that for him not to choose us and no club has indicated their intentions too. No mention of what trade would be

Source: Relative of Shiel.

1.1 is overs but we can front load so won't impact greatly

What's the deal? 2019 first for he and setters?

There is a Hawthorn guy in the Shiel thread on draft board that needs every single Carlton support to go in and quote and reply to him, if Shiel is traded to Carlton
Get on man of clay and darthbards from the dogs too.

Could be a good trade/FA period for a number of 'anti-destination' clubs if some rumoured/confirmed deals go through:

Brisbane: Neale?
Carlton: Shiel/McGovern/Setterfield?
North: Polec, Gaff?
St Kilda: Hanneberry (it's something)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back