Bluemour Discussion Thread XI - Facts Not Welcome

Under what circumstances will you be happy to trade for Shiel?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note I am learning how to get the post number up...short and sometimes sweet :p
Yep, he works a lot like Tom Mitchell. Plenty of it, very little impact.

I bloody hope so.

10 years ago we got Juddy, the out and out best player in the competition.

For the outlay, pretty much saved us.

For the path we’re tracking, do we need a messiah.....cos I can’t see one for the dough we’re splashing.

Shiel, on even more ridiculous money........have my doubts.

Just sayin’

Won't be just Shiel in the next 3 years

Fully understand it’s hard to explain and I was more of a numbers guy than English guy at school. (I could also be wrong).

Say we only effectively want to pay 90% in a year we can front load contracts and bring forward 5% to reach 95%.

This means that we would only be 90% in the following year but can pay 105% so have 15% extra to offer recruits or do what ever.

You could do this over a couple years if you want. It’s just a way of getting around paying a s**t list more than it should to reach the 95% cap.

I’m certain SOS would of done this.
Ah ok I think I get what you're saying now. I'm a words not numbers person which makes this all the more difficult lol

Also a good example of why I would never be a good accountant.

You reckon Sheil is worth it right now??

Sell it too me.

Shiel is not the messiah. Cripps is the messiah and he needs all the support he can get and as soon as possible.

Getting in Shiel now (and overpaying for him both in terms of draft picks and money) makes sense because
a) allows the younger mids get more protection and time to develop
b) takes some heat off Cripps
c) makes it easier to bring in other FAs and out of contract players in future years
d) brings in a fitness freak who will improve the training culture
e) brings in someone who will bleed blue like Docherty does as a lifelong supporter
f) makes it easier for Bolton to be able to instill his game plan into the team
g) denies *, hawks and saints another all Australian mid
h) excites the fan base and should lead to more competitive matches and wins in 2019
i) gives us an amazing father/son and father/daughter gene pool in the 2040s

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shiel is not the messiah. Cripps is the messiah and he needs all the support he can get and as soon as possible.

Getting in Shiel now (and overpaying for him both in terms of draft picks and money) makes sense because
c) makes it easier to bring in other FAs and out of contract players in future years
e) brings in someone who will bleed blue like Docherty does as a lifelong supporter
h) silences the media critics (probably not)

Sorry but Cripps isn’t the messiah either.
I would hope we have gone back to the ‘team’ first methodology and not an individual mentality.
Carlton has always been about building a list to win premierships and not about Brownlow medals or individual awards.

h) excites the fan base and should lead to more competitive matches and wins in 2019

He's just a very naughty boy

Sorry but Cripps isn’t the messiah either.
I would hope we have gone back to the ‘team’ first methodology and not an individual mentality.
Carlton has always been about building a list to win premierships and not about Brownlow medals or individual awards.
Maybe not the messiah but I could not think of a better bloke to build your team around. He's irreplaceable as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe not the messiah but I could not think of a better bloke to build your team around. He's irreplaceable as far as I'm concerned.

We are building a list around Cripps, Docherty, Curnow, McKay, Weitering, Marchbank, Dow, SPS, Fisher..........multiple leaders and messiah’s who will again build and maintain the successful culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back