What does your gut/instincts tell you about the prelim and possibly gf?

Remove this Banner Ad

The game will be tight early but West Coast will run away with it in the end. West Coast are a matured, finals-hardened team playing on their home deck. Melbourne have been gallant in the last 4 weeks (beating west coast by 2.5 goals without their 2 key forwards, a fading GWS, Geelong and Hawthorn) but an away preliminary final is another level.

Did anyone actually watch Melbourne last week? When they did manage to get the ball out of their backline they often turned it over. If they made it to the grand final it would be the biggest abomination in recent AFL history.

Did anyone actually watch Melbourne last week? When they did manage to get the ball out of their backline they often turned it over. If they made it to the grand final it would be the biggest abomination in recent AFL history.

i agree, i actually thought were better for much of the game just kept missing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It may be the cynical tin foil hat side of me but I can't see us smashing the dees purely because I don't think the umpires will let it happen.

They'll simply stop calling 50/50 calls for us and start calling them for the dees - below the knees, incorrect disposal have become very handy tools for them in influencing the game.

Welcome to the new AFL, now a product more than sport and the marketing depart will not settle for prelims that are not a spectacle...

Eagles by 4 points in the Prelim in an absolute arm wrestle, then famously end Richmond's winning streak at the G with an 8 point win in the Grand Final.

As ive just posted on the AFL thread; all the talk is that this time we will have JK and JD back so its a cracking forward line;which it is.But not much has been made of the fact that Rioli and Ryan will be a VERY different proposition with the gun bigboys to hide behind.

As ive just posted on the AFL thread; all the talk is that this time we will have JK and JD back so its a cracking forward line;which it is.But not much has been made of the fact that Rioli and Ryan will be a VERY different proposition with the gun bigboys to hide behind.

Agreed. All of a sudden the 2 best defenders are taken, and they still need to cover Rioli, Ryan, Cripps, Lecras and even Venables. All of those guys are capable of kicking multiple goals. Just need enough supply.

We were smacked in clearances and contested ball in rnd 22.

If we don't sort this out having Darling and Kennedy won't make the difference.

I feel that for once we will get off to a bright start kicking the first 3 goals and holding a comfortable lead all game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back