Bluemour Discussion Thread XI - Facts Not Welcome

Under what circumstances will you be happy to trade for Shiel?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll get flamed for this I guess, but if we don't bring in many experienced players through trades, I'm starting to consider Michael Barlow on the basis that he finds the footy a lot, makes generally good decisions, works hard enough to fit into a new system and is hungry as hell to continue.

At the very least he is the perfect player for the Northern Blues.

More fact than bluemour, we have a good trade / draft period and we aren't as far off as some may think.

Competition is so even now.
Yep, sure is.
And with the talent we are assembling at our footy club the sky could be the limit.

I'll get flamed for this I guess, but if we don't bring in many experienced players through trades, I'm starting to consider Michael Barlow on the basis that he finds the footy a lot, makes generally good decisions, works hard enough to fit into a new system and is hungry as hell to continue.

I'm not sure anyone really has an issue with Barlow, at least short-term wise. But if you were really wanting to get flamed..

Wouldnt be a horrible acquisition if his leg can stay in one piece. He's 30 now and two breaks in the same leg would mean he'd have to be managed well.

Your thoughts and perception of me matter very little. Just because someone doesnt agree with what you say doesnt make them inferior to you. Only a very insecure person would hold themselves in such esteem.

Never said you were inferior, just questioned your age.

Implying I was young in a negative sense and that your own opinion holds more weight due to a self-perceived maturity. I dont see how someones age should have any bearing on discussion, but Im sure your learned self can explain it for me.

Enough is enough.

Give it a rest thanks guys!

Not sure he'd be happy with that. It didn't appear he was happy to be stuck in the NEAFL. If Murph had moved on or Daisy wasn't retained he would probably be a good get as a stop gap. I said to someone else yesterday, I think its a year too late to be picking up Barlow on this basis.

Should be considering him for exactly that regardless. People might be gunshy about bringing in another delisted player, but we know the quality of footy Barlow has played before. At worst he helps develop the young players in the VFL and at best he will be contributing to the firsts when needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure anyone really has an issue with Barlow, at least short-term wise. But if you were really wanting to get flamed..

I'm a bit of a masochist, or I wouldn't be a mod.

After panning Barrett (right so I thought)

Here’s a new sliding doors:

(Based on 2 sources)

IF

The trade moves go well (and they are on track I’m told) and pick 1 remains with us (which is more likely than unlikely) and we have a largely injury free preseason (including a key coaching signing)

THEN

Brendon Bolton will be the person under the most pressure at Carlton if there’s not dramatic improvement early on

The argument against is age and lack of speed. But, we really could have used him this year. I'd be keen for 1 year (for now) but it really depends on who else is coming in at this stage.

Anyone heard any news on Will Brodie? or has this gone cold, he would be great in our midfield showed promise towards the end of this year when get got a go

The argument against is age and lack of speed. But, we really could have used him this year. I'd be keen for 1 year (for now) but it really depends on who else is coming in at this stage.

It might be a touch of Stockholm syndrome where I was so traumatised, I'm willing to embrace any player who might have helped us this year.

If I was starving those pickled Norwegian herrings are looking pretty damn good. In reality they are sitting at the back of my pantry until they are turfed out 10 years later.

(Based on 2 sources)

IF

The trade moves go well (and they are on track I’m told) and pick 1 remains with us (which is more likely than unlikely) and we have a largely injury free preseason (including a key coaching signing)

THEN

Brendon Bolton will be the person under the most pressure at Carlton if there’s not dramatic improvement early on
He is safe in 2019. 2020 is where we expect to make huge inroads

(Based on 2 sources)

IF

THEN

I’ll be surprised if a coach ever gets the sack again

Bomber Thompson, Alistair Clarkson, Damien Hardwick and Nathan Buckley all survived under the pump and have gone on to succeed.

Oh what could have been if we supported Ratts and got him the help he needed instead of turfing him :'(

It might be a touch of Stockholm syndrome where I was so traumatised, I'm willing to embrace any player who might have helped us this year.

If I was starving those pickled Norwegian herrings are looking pretty damn good. In reality they are sitting at the back of my pantry until they are turfed out 10 years later.
No chinook salmon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back