Bluemour Discussion Thread XII - Facts Not Welcome (cont in pt 13)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom browne said its between us and hawks and says money or success
I wanna know what success he will get at the hawks if players are to blind to see what we are building then i dont want them
Good luck winning a flag at hawks because all i see there is a middle range club that refuses to go to the draft like geelong
A Hawthorn supporting mate of mine cut up rough when I suggested that Worpel will be an average player at best.

This is the calibre of player they are relying on to build the next generation of Hawks. I can't help thinking that Hawthorn is going to have some average years followed a number of pretty ordinary years ahead of them, but I'm totally biased so that's probably as much hope as anything else.

Wow if it's

Yay I guessed it correctly

But seriously everone here needs to CALM DOWN
Shiel hasn't announced anything
Trade week hasn't started
We still don't know who SOS has been dealing with
Some peeps here need to take a deep breathe and Go for a walk!!!

Just got back from a nice relaxing walk along the beach. :D

#BaysideLyf

Surely GWS won't accept pick 14 for Shiel..

Heres what I dont understand. AFL has this rule about using two first round draft picks over four rolling years. Stop clubs from destroying themselves I guess. Hawthorn used two picks in 2015 and none in 2016 or 2017. From my understanding, they can trade their future 2019 or their 2018 but then they'd have to use two first rounders next year. A difficult task when they are only guaranteed one so far.

Happy to be corrected, but I think they can only offer their 2019 first round pick. Which if they strengthened their list with Shiel is looking poor. They are also apparently very keen on Wingard. No way they get both and unlikely to land either.

... so their recourse is to go for an exceptionally injury-prone 30 year old ruckman?

There are other options for them, Preuss and Lycett among them, and that's just off the top of my head (isn't St Kilda getting rid of Hickey?). Kreuz is contracted, he's come off a poor year for injury, something that has plagued him all career, and he's 30. It'd be a dumb move, made worse by their ruckman already in possession.

Lycett will be Eagles or Port.

Preuss committed to Melbourne.

Hickey - really???????

Kreuz was All Australian Squad last year. Agree 100% he's injury prone but when he's good - he's very good.

If they offer us R2 pick?

It's a great move!!!!!!!

I think I've nailed it:

Hogan Melb to Freo
Neale Freo to Bris
Bris #4 to GWS
GWS Lobb to Freo
Freo #5 to Gold Coast
Gold Coast May to Melb
GWS Shiel to Carlton
Carlton Nick Graham to Freo
Carlton Levi Casboult to GWS

I'm pretty sure it works out great for everyone. Get it done SOS.

Some posters have gone WAY to early saying Shiel is coming especially on the Trading board.

I am hoping we land him as well but gee there is going to be some serious egg on faces if he does not nominate us with the confidence that has been showed lately.

Nothing is ever certain in this day and age of the AFL even if Dylan has grown up supporting us and has a dog named Juddy.

Any player would be happy to get to Hawthorn, you can’t overstate how often they play finals and how good a coach Clarko is. Top 4 this year too, and despite overachieving that’ll be about their range next year too should Shiel join. Makes a lot of sense really.

Still excited to add Setterfield, and I reckon we will get him for a reasonable deal.

Big decision obviously coming up for DS. If we put ourselves in his shoes and we take off the blue coloured glasses I still don’t see why getting less money for less years off hawthorn with the possibility you may win a premiership.

GWS are closer than hawks are. I could argue that we’re closer than them. Once Roughead, Burgoyne, Smith, McEvoy, other players 30+ are done they haven’t got a hope in hell. They haven’t got any decent KP players to pass to. At Carlton there is an abundance. By the time hawks realise that the Richmond Melb game plan has been superseded they’ll be wishing they topped up on some talented KPs.

The other side is the story of Carlton it’s much more appealing to grow and challenge than going to hawks for immediate success and having success while nobody with give Shiel any credit for it. I want a player who wants to play for Carlton so if he’s only interested in that then go join hawthorn.

If you’re hear for the hard work and are committed to bringing us back up where we belong then welcome to CFC Shiel. I’ll hate you just as much as Smith, Rockliff and Tomlinson if you decide otherwise.

You might not get as lucky as treloar while turning your back on Gc For immediate success, selecting Collingwood over Richmond and then still getting to a GF a year late only to miss out.

I truly hope treloar never gets to experience a gf win.

"I'd like to go to a shit club or a good club."

Compelling stuff from Barlow :p

That being said, if we miss a few other targets I'd be happy to give him a rookie spot on bugger-all money, and see if he can help improve the stoppage craft of a few of our younger mids, whilst adding a competitive edge to the NB's. Would be good for a few games in the seniors if injury forced our hand.
Sometimes maybe good sometimes maybe $hit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the be all end all if we don’t land Shiel, SOS will have plenty or irons in the fire and we’ll end up with a pretty good trade period I reckon

I still have a good feeling about Shiel

Some posters have gone WAY to early saying Shiel is coming especially on the Trading board.

I am hoping we land him as well but gee there is going to be some serious egg on faces if he does not nominate us with the confidence that has been showed lately.

Nothing is ever certain in this day and age of the AFL even if Dylan has grown up supporting us and has a dog named Juddy.
the trusted ones have taken the heat right out of our hopes today, chizz.........

the trusted ones have taken the heat right out of our hopes today, chizz.........

Hence why i never understood the early confidence and bravado from our own on public boards which made me cringe reading the comments.

It is never a certainty until it is.

"I'd like to go to a shit club or a good club."

Compelling stuff from Barlow :p

That being said, if we miss a few other targets I'd be happy to give him a rookie spot on bugger-all money, and see if he can help improve the stoppage craft of a few of our younger mids, whilst adding a competitive edge to the NB's. Would be good for a few games in the seniors if injury forced our hand.
Yep, "I'd consider a great club, a $hit club or middle-of-the-road club, but that's where I draw the line"

If I’m GWS and DS says he’d like to go to Hawthorn I then do exactly what Pop form the Spurs would do and keep him and trade Setterfield and any other player with an interest in going to a non-competitor (eg. us, Gold Coast, Bears etc)
Why strengthen the Hawks when you are competing directly with them for the same places in the 8? Especially when Dylan has said he’d be happy to stay in Sydney.

Robbo at it again. Pretending like Carlton can't be an option. Says if money was the answer, then he's to pick St. Kilda.

How do we remove this guy from his job?

h0F99ACC6

Big decision obviously coming up for DS. If we put ourselves in his shoes and we take off the blue coloured glasses I still don’t see why getting less money for less years off hawthorn with the possibility you may win a premiership.

GWS are closer than hawks are. I could argue that we’re closer than them. Once Roughead, Burgoyne, Smith, McEvoy, other players 30+ are done they haven’t got a hope in hell. They haven’t got any decent KP players to pass to. At Carlton there is an abundance. By the time hawks realise that the Richmond Melb game plan has been superseded they’ll be wishing they topped up on some talented KPs.

The other side is the story of Carlton it’s much more appealing to grow and challenge than going to hawks for immediate success and having success while nobody with give Shiel any credit for it. I want a player who wants to play for Carlton so if he’s only interested in that then go join hawthorn.

If you’re hear for the hard work and are committed to bringing us back up where we belong then welcome to CFC Shiel. I’ll hate you just as much as Smith, Rockliff and Tomlinson if you decide otherwise.

You might not get as lucky as treloar while turning your back on Gc For immediate success, selecting Collingwood over Richmond and then still getting to a GF a year late only to miss out.

I truly hope treloar never gets to experience a gf win.

You wouldn't say that if you knew him.

One of the nicest, down to earth blokes you will come across.

If I’m GWS and DS says he’d like to go to Hawthorn I then do exactly what Pop form the Spurs would do and keep him and trade Setterfield and any other player with an interest in going to a non-competitor (eg. us, Gold Coast, Bears etc)
Why strengthen the Hawks when you are competing directly with them for the same places in the 8? Especially when Dylan has said he’d be happy to stay in Sydney.

They need him off their books.

Hence why i never understood the early confidence and bravado from our own on public boards which made me cringe reading the comments.

It is never a certainty until it is.
like the 147........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back