Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't expect the talent in the top 6 next year, is anywhere near this top 6

The other thing that surprises me, you say not to give up 2 early picks for Kelly (which I completely agree with), yet so hellbent on Walsh alone, rather than trying to target 2 picks in the top 6 this year

No, I am not hellbent on Walsh alone.

If we can get Walsh & something else, that would be excellent.

I am hellbent on Walsh at a minimum, I genuinely believe he will be a star and a possible future club captain. He leadership and professionalism will be immense for our club over the next decade plus.

Stranger s**t has happened in 2018.

Don't be surprised if GWS strong armed Shiel into nominating * so that they could get more out of Carlton, once the Pick 1 talks came to a halt. 4 dimensional chess, people.

Now we start to sweat a little and up the ante. GWS come back to the party. Shiel earns himself gold letters in the GWS club room as a servant to the club, and we dance the happy dance.

*takes tinfoil hat off*

Of course we would. We would have no choice.
Take walsh with 1. Hold next years 1st for a kelly/taranto type. Time to forget Shiel

Walsh with Setterfield and Taranto would be highway robbery (in our favour).

Our midfield would be: Cripps, Kennedy, Fisher, Dow, Setterfield, Walsh and Taranto. That is all class. Age profile still young, but give it a little while and the dividends would flow.

I would give up our 2019 #1st for Taranto. But GWS won't do it, an Instagram like don't mean Taranto is heading our way.

Whoever does GC contracts should be shot. Shouldn't they at least show mild interest in playing footy before you give them $800,000 contract extension? Gold Coast is a **** show. Things are getting very bad up there.

GWS are paying Lobb $800,000, Cameron $1.4M in 2019, Greene $850,000, Patton $800,000, Kelly 800,000

If that’s what they’re paying those guys then you can guess what they’re paying Cognilio, Tomlinson, Shiel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was. Rated him highly at draft time but that fact that he can't get games at GCS & they trade him for very little would have me concerned. Not sure he would be on a big contract?

Same boat as Setters, $400K for the next couple. Sign on bonus that you receive up north. GC signed on all 4 from 2016 early; Ainsworth, Brodie, Scrimshaw + Bowes (local, wonder how that affects a contract up there?)

GWS are paying Lobb $800,000, Cameron $1.4M in 2019, Greene $850,000, Patton $800,000, Kelly 800,000

If that’s what they’re paying those guys then you can guess what they’re paying Cognilio, Tomlinson, Shiel
The difference is that they're all fantastic footballers. Some are overpaid (Cameron should be on half that) but at least they're quality at the level. Except Patton of course but you can't predict those sort of injuries... Unless your talking about poor Ciaran Byrne.

Genuine question. How many sides have done a "big money" trade deal like Shiel and won a flag?

Boyd is one but fell apart quickly. Anyone else?

Buddy did not get the ultimate success either.

Brad Ottens, way back in the day, ended up being a big money success (Tigs to Cats).

Same boat as Setters, $400K for the next couple. Sign on bonus that you receive up north. GC signed on all 4 from 2016 early; Ainsworth, Brodie, Scrimshaw + Bowes (local, wonder how that affects a contract up there?)
GC are having salary cap issues. It's another reason why Hall and Scrimshaw are getting sold for nothing.

No, I am not hellbent on Walsh alone.

If we can get Walsh & something else, that would be excellent.

I am hellbent on Walsh at a minimum, I genuinely believe he will be a star and a possible future club captain. He leadership and professionalism will be immense for our club over the next decade plus.

So you wouldn't want to lose Walsh, for say Smith and Rozee/Rankine/Lukosius?

So you wouldn't want to lose Walsh, for say Smith and Rozee/Rankine/Lukosius?

Not saying Walsh won't be a very good player but people really do get caught up in Pick One's importance. Every year the same thing, Player X is easily the best and can't be passed etc. Yet, they are rarely the best and certainly aren't any better than a lot of others that are selected.

Classic username.

rolling.gif
Need to open up a lurkers thread. They can all stare at it and post nothing for years. Would be like a contemporary art piece, watching the view count go up but zero posts :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back