Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Expecting (hoping) for a yes answer. If you want to watch a game that has already started can you watch from the start? Basically never watch Friday night footy live. Always record it.
2nd question would be if you are watching a delayed stream as above, can you fast forward through halftime?

Yes and Yes. This is a big one for me and will probably be the reason why I sign up.

I'm hoping they get better NFL rights, only showing I think Thursday and Monday games, and red zone at the moment, and only for a limited time. I was watching a game recently, paused it to go out, when I came home to finish, the game had been removed. Very disappointing. Also have to use Safari, it's been buggy on Chrome.

It's got potential but still a ways to go in some areas.

I'm also on the 14 day trial. The cricket worked fine the other night, the Formula 1 was a bit buggy. Stopped working for about 5 minutes just before the start of the race. During the race it would stop and buffer every now and again. I'm on full fibre to the home on the Telstra medium bundle, so I don't think my connection should be at fault for those glitches. It was just enough to get annoying. I found it cleared up after I paused it for 30 seconds and then resumed.

So still not entirely convinced.

This is my biggest concern.

People hate on Foxtel for the price and their 'essentials +' business model but unless there's a thunderstorm it never lets me down. Was watching some sport (NBL, A-League, T20 vs India) over the weekend on my laptop on Foxtel Go and each time it paused to buffer a few times.

My only concern is some Optus/World Cup level streaming issues when demand really picks up in the footy season.

I wouldn't be too concerned as those World Cup games had 100% traffic through Optus. With footy you're still going to have a very large percentage watching via Foxtel also.

And I dare say there's a lot more interest nation wide in a World Cup game than H&A AFL game.

Last edited:
I watch it at different times to most people, usually overnight, and there have been random buffering issues even at 3, 4 and 5am. I've been watching F1 and MotoGP replays and live surfing and had some buffering with all and even had to reload the page a dozen times or so (and then had to find the spot where it cut out because the streams don't start from that point, which is annoying). Quality can also vary at those times of the day. I'm not 100% convinced yet either but time will tell.

And I dare say there's a lot more interest nation wide in a World Cup game than H&A AFL game.
I'd be staggered if that's the case.

I watch it at different times to most people, usually overnight, and there have been random buffering issues even at 3, 4 and 5am. I've been watching F1 and MotoGP replays and live surfing and had some buffering with all and even had to reload the page a dozen times or so (and then had to find the spot where it cut out because the streams don't start from that point, which is annoying). Quality can also vary at those times of the day. I'm not 100% convinced yet either but time will tell.

I'd be staggered if that's the case.
Why would you be staggered? It's the biggest sporting event on the planet.

"SBS’s television coverage of the 2018 FIFA World Cup reached a total of 9.1 million Australians across 57 live matches."

9.1 million viewers for matches with the majority of them starting betweenat 2am and 5am. I don't think we'd get any near that if AFL matches were on at that time.

"SBS’s television coverage of the 2018 FIFA World Cup reached a total of 9.1 million Australians across 57 live matches."

9.1 million viewers for matches with the majority of them starting betweenat 2am and 5am. I don't think we'd get any near that if AFL matches were on at that time.
You aren't getting 9.1 million viewers spread equally across the graveyard shift games though. 3.4 million of those were watching Australia/France in prime-time - about equivalent to the Grand Final audience. The final itself only clocked 880,000, which is more like a H&A game - albeit in the middle of the night - and most regular games were in the 5 figures.

But more to the point, the Optus audience would've been a fraction of that.

Last edited:
Jesus wept ppl saying this ain’t a great deal are on drugs 300 per year for

Every afl game live and in HD
Every nrl game live and in HD
Fox cricket live and in HD
Cricket from every major nation
Golf
Motor sport
NBA
NFL
Baseball
College football
College basketball
La liga
Serie a
England second division
Bundesliga
Scottish premier league
French football
European rugby
Surfing
Tennis
Boxing

And others if that’s not value then pure and simply you’re a tight arse or not a fan of sport

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delayed like all other streaming services I assume. That continues to be the biggest killer with all this stuff. A delay of 30 seconds or so may seem like nothing but it can be heaps when you’re discussing the game with your mates over a chat, going on Twitter etc. And for people to say just avoid doing that is just absurd. Watching sport is a social experience for a lot of people.

They’re a bit misleading with all their advertising. Hardy any NBA from what I’ve heard which I assume would be a massive draw card for a lot of Aussies. When I first saw the service it gave you the idea that it’s all the sport you want when in reality it’s basically Foxtel Now - the channels you don’t want.

Last edited:

How many individual viewers though? I bet it's not within cooee of 9.1m.

Delayed like all other streaming services I assume. That continues to be the biggest killer with all this stuff. A delay of 30 seconds or so may seem like nothing but it can be heaps when you’re discussing the game with your mates over a chat, going on Twitter etc. And for people to say just avoid doing that is just absurd. Watching sport is a social experience for a lot of people.

They’re a bit misleading with all their advertising. Hardy any NBA from what I’ve heard which I assume would be a massive draw card for a lot of Aussies. When I first saw the service it gave you the idea that it’s all the sport you want when in reality it’s basically Foxtel Now - the channels you don’t want.
Apparently only a 10 second delay

I'll probably give it a go when the footy starts next year I haven't noticed the app available on my nvidia shield TV thingio yet.. just on that the inbuilt chromecast on the Shield works heaps better for everything I cast than the chromecast dongle on my other TV.

Agree with some others though Kayo seems about 10 bucks a month overpriced

Find that incredibly hard to believe.

I couldn’t name a streaming service out there that has figured out the probldn problem yet.

I don't think its one that can be solved like TV signal. Internet is simply different when it has to deal with stuff like:

Encoding/decoding time in routers and switches.
Queueing time in the routers and switches.
Decoding time on your local machine.
Intentionally inserted delay at your device in order to ensure quality-of-service or advertisements.

Not to mention NBN is s**t. There has to be some delay.

Great concept but not good enough for the sports i want to watch.

AFL - no live GF or brownlow. I know its on free tv but i dont have an arial connected and only want to stream through the internet.

NBA - is only selected games but doesnt specify. I only want to watch my team.

UFC - says selected but doesnt specify. I assume no PPV

NFL - only live games and selected without specifying. Live games means Monday while im at work

NHL - not available through their service

Unfortunately my conclusion is the service is too compromised to provide me with the content i want to watch when i want to watch it.

Ill be sticking with my individual subscriptions with each sport since they all provide a better service.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

iOS app updated yesterday: More improvements made to chromecast, other enhancements and bug fixes

Android app last updated on Monday.

Great concept but not good enough for the sports i want to watch.
Unfortunately my conclusion is the service is too compromised to provide me with the content i want to watch when i want to watch it.
I take it you have never had Foxtel
Ill be sticking with my individual subscriptions with each sport since they all provide a better service.
Can't argue against this. I wish I could subscribe to the ICC and get all cricket matches. Those that do offer subscriptions like NBA, NHL, UFC etc provide a great service that is hard to match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back