Preview Pick 6, 2019 Draft: Who Do AFC Target?

3 options:

• Noah Anderson

• Matt Rowell

• The Best SA Boy Available (please name in thread)

• Hamish Special (Please name in thread)

• Your Personal Favourite (Please name in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Says the regular bigfooty poster.
???

You're the one who said you've been unhappy for the last 20 years. I lead a very happy life, and quite enjoy popping in here, even when it becomes full to the brim with dribble.

Like Tom Boyd ??
Ok my wording is not correct.
Under the CBA the player must be given a minimum 2 year contract ,so even if Rankine for example wants to go home after 1 year Gold Coast (AFL) must agree. No way the AFL are letting that happen. Even if he wants out after 2 years a deal with top draft picks will have to be done.
The positive is that if you know for sure he’s coming home then you trade next years pick (1-3) for future picks in the 2020 draft to secure him. But geez that’s a big rice to pay, you give up a 2018 kid and a 2019 kid for a Rankine or Lukosius.
So do you see now that this deal will have next to nothing to do with getting either of this players home which is the whole point of this debate?

Sure, I expect us to do a mini rebuild in 2021/2022. But that won’t be next year, so I don’t understand your point and it’s not relevant to the thread.

Are you planning on hanging around the whole season, because I’m already bored of your posts.
Chill out man it’s goung to be fun for both clubs watching the ladder next year.

Under the CBA the player must be given a minimum 2 year contract ,so even if Rankine for example wants to go home after 1 year Gold Coast (AFL) must agree. No way the AFL are letting that happen. Even if he wants out after 2 years a deal with top draft picks will have to be done.
The positive is that if you know for sure he’s coming home then you trade next years pick (1-3) for future picks in the 2020 draft to secure him. But geez that’s a big rice to pay, you give up a 2018 kid and a 2019 kid for a Rankine or Lukosius.
So do you see now that this deal will have next to nothing to do with getting either of this players home which is the whole point of this debate?

You have now completely changed your argument. You have been saying 1st round picks (specifically) cannot be trades for 2 years. Now you are agreeing with what everybody has been saying all along that they can be traded in the same way any contracted player can be traded.

It makes no difference that they are first rounders. It is essentially the Kelly trade of this year. Like Geelong, GC are a good chance to retain them even if they request a trade. AFC will have to put up or shut up if they want to break a top 3 pick out of his contract.

I hope that we spend this pick in the DRAFT on elite talent.

We need elite youngsters learning from our veterans before they fizz out.

We need to let Luko and Rsnkine serve out their 2 years and look at those options at that time.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wouldn't let Luko or Rankine serve their two years at GC if I can help it. The sooner we get them back, the better players they'll be. Stops them from being more heavily stunted due to Gold Coast being a mess.

Of course, if you're worried about risk then you wait until their FA's.

You can’t see the risk of carlton having a better than expected season versus the risk of Adelaide having a worse than expected season?
The risk is all yours.
Carlton will be trading our first pick for an established player so all this business about a higher pick is irrelevant to us.

Just out of interest who is it you think you can poach at the end of next year?

Under the CBA the player must be given a minimum 2 year contract ,so even if Rankine for example wants to go home after 1 year Gold Coast (AFL) must agree. No way the AFL are letting that happen.

If Rankine wants out next year he is going eventually, no matter how long they trap him. But if he wants to go home next year there will be an SA club who will likely have the #1 pick so they will have the opportunity to get more for him than any year in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't let Luko or Rankine serve their two years at GC if I can help it. The sooner we get them back, the better players they'll be. Stops them from being more heavily stunted due to Gold Coast being a mess.

Of course, if you're worried about risk then you wait until their FA's.
Agreed. The one area Suns can compete is by offering a huge early contract.

They could conceivably offer well north of 500k on the next contract after initial 2 years. Numbers the crows wouldnt be able to match.

We just need Rankine to have a few too many on a couple of occasions and have some overblown incident front page of the local tabloid, The Bulletin.

End of year whilst trying to entrench new cultural norms , pick 1-3 for Rankine possibly gets it done

Personally, If we do end up with Pick 1,2 or 3. I'd trade that baby out for multiple picks in the first round.

I would always rather get multiple early picks than 1 VERY high pick that will be used on a guy who comes in with the pressure of the world on his shoulders.

Look at how many top 3 picks have struggled due to this in the past 10 years.

Plus Hamish has a great track record at using mid first round picks on absolute gold.

Hamish doesn’t think so or we could have had 4 picks inside 30 this draft. This is our best ever chance of grabbing an absolute gun. Maybe a top 3 player.
With our development, he will be a star. Ps I’m hoping for a midfielder

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adelaide 10- 12 wins
Carlton 6 -8 wins
Best scenario for Crows 6 place upgrade on first pick
Worst case scenario 2 game upgrade on first pick
That’s very realistic so don’t get too cocky
I like your positivity but...

Adelaide have a soft draw next season and champion data have them as holding the second best list in the comp... if adelaide stay relatively injury free there is no chance in hell they only win 10-12 games... they will be a top 4 chance..

Carlton on the other hand... where does the massive improvement come from?... getting doc back from his knee???... what else?..

I think the blues will comfortably finish in the bottom 5..

Youre an idiot... im sorry if that offends you but **** me...

Do you honestly think that gold coast wouldnt trade him if Rankine demands to be traded home... and that the AFL would stand in the road of a “homesick” young indigenous lad wanting to return to his homeland?..

Especially given adelaide will probably have a very juicy first round draft pick to offer up thanks to carlton..

Really?...

In my opinion Rankine will ask to be traded home but it wont be as early as next season..

Last edited:
Youre an idiot... im sorry if that offends you but **** me...

Do you honestly think that gold coast wouldnt trade him if Rankine demands to be traded home... and that the AFL would stand in the road of a “homesick” young indigenous lad wanting to return to his homeland?..

Especially given adelaide will probably have a very juicy first round draft pick to offer up thanks to carlton..

Really?...

In my opinion Rankine will ask to be traded home but it wont be as early as next season..
He’ll probably go to port

I like your positivity but...

Adelaide have a soft draw next season and champion data have them as holding the second best list in the comp... if adelaide stay relatively injury free there is no chance in hell they only win 10-12 games... they will be a top 4 chance..

Carlton on the other hand... where does the massive improvement come from?... getting doc back from his knee???... what else?..

I think the blues will comfortably finish in the bottom 5..
Im having a giggle at your positivity,there’s no chance Adelaide are top 4. Maybe 8th and that’s on the back of other teams stinking it up like Adelaide did this year. You’ll end up similar to this year

Im having a giggle at your positivity,there’s no chance Adelaide are top 4. Maybe 8th and that’s on the back of other teams stinking it up like Adelaide did this year. You’ll end up similar to this year
Keen to actually say why? Feel like you’re making outlandish claims just to make yourself feel better about your club’s trade, which is fair, I’d probably do the same in your situation

Keen to actually say why? Feel like you’re making outlandish claims just to make yourself feel better about your club’s trade, which is fair, I’d probably do the same in your situation
Hes just a snivelling carlton troll Danger... the CFC are infested with them..

Mods!...

Why TF are you still here?

How about you mosey off back to your own board and stop infesting our board with your crap, maybe they're interested, we're not.

Back