Western Region FL - Divy 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Caros recruits so far
2 blokes from Melton who both spent 1/2 the year in the 2’s (Melton wouldn’t win a game in WRFL div 1)
1 bloke from jacana who hasn’t played for a year ( jacana would be mid range div 3)
Edmondson who makes Mellington look like the Pope
Marty Monsta, why bag out Carros new recruits, at least they are not buying big names for big dollars cos if they did you'll bag them out for that also, I say good on Carro for givin these blokes a crack, the recruiting staff/coach must see something you don't.

Over Heard some interesting news around the WRFL.

Several clubs have provided investigators with relevant information around players contracts at Deer Park, players bragging about what their earning, how their getting paid under the table and the means and source of the extra cash injections.

IF the WRFL and the Investigators dont bring charges against Deer Park for the 2017/18 Season then several if not all clubs may have no choice but to forfeit games against the CHEATS.

Wouldn't it be funny if every side forfeited their games against Deer Park ( Yeah they get a free ride to the top of the ladder ) fork out 400k in payments for the year and play no games ( Very Extreme I know ), but a stand needs to be made.

i guess they can play a Scratch match every week between themselves in front of their loyal supporters at home every week.

RedPath and Co would enjoy that Ha Ha ! 20k sign on 2k a game YOU BEAUTY !

All I am Saying is Play within the RULES and then no one would be upset !
Deer Park might actually be under the salary cap. Cause if they don’t play a game then there players don’t get there match payments only the sign ons. Saving GA plenty of money in 2019

Deer Park might actually be under the salary cap. Cause if they don’t play a game then there players don’t get there match payments only the sign ons. Saving GA plenty of money in 2019
Don’t be silly.
They will put their hands out for match payments as well.
They only play their for 1 reason - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$&&&

Over Heard some interesting news around the WRFL.

Several clubs have provided investigators with relevant information around players contracts at Deer Park, players bragging about what their earning, how their getting paid under the table and the means and source of the extra cash injections.

IF the WRFL and the Investigators dont bring charges against Deer Park for the 2017/18 Season then several if not all clubs may have no choice but to forfeit games against the CHEATS.

Wouldn't it be funny if every side forfeited their games against Deer Park ( Yeah they get a free ride to the top of the ladder ) fork out 400k in payments for the year and play no games ( Very Extreme I know ), but a stand needs to be made.

i guess they can play a Scratch match every week between themselves in front of their loyal supporters at home every week.

RedPath and Co would enjoy that Ha Ha ! 20k sign on 2k a game YOU BEAUTY !

All I am Saying is Play within the RULES and then no one would be upset !
It’s what needs to be done if the league won’t man up

I heard today that James Wong got $600 a game. His a really good bloke & very loyal to his club. Well done James.
Tennis courts?

Came off 63 goals as a small forward at Shepparton (and probably their hghest paid player) in 2017. Fabulous that he went to DP for a mere $600. Agree with your sentiments Harry.

Players have been hauled in front of investigators (that’s fact). Not much more the league can do at this point. They basically need one of the players to come clean.

Tennis courts?

Came off 63 goals as a small forward at Shepparton (and probably their hghest paid player) in 2017. Fabulous that he went to DP for a mere $600. Agree with your sentiments Harry.
Pretty cheap the $600 when he was willing to take $1500 to leave.....for another club in the league.... 900 is a big gap!

Who and how much

Here you go !

Below is the Deer Park list that took on Altona and what they are approx getting paid per game.

Based on the market and the players standing in the market place, DP would be spending 20k to 25k every week x 18 weeks =around 400k

W.Krithararis - $ 800
j.Purton-Smith - Got offered $ 1,500 by another club preseason, deer park matched offer
J.Wong - was getting 1200 at Shepparton, 1800 a game at deer Park.
J.Mckenzie - $ 800
R.Van Riet - $ 800
D.Stevens - $ 1200
K.Mcharg - got offered 40k to go bush, stayed for $ 1500
J.Perkins - $ 1500
K.Klix - not much as the president has looked after him in other ways
S.Byrnes - GFL side offered 45k to coach them preseason, stayed at Deer Park for 2k
M.Galea - $ 800
S.Greenhough - $ 650
J.Williams - $ 1200
K.Testa - $ 500
C.Stewart - $1500
J.Condos - $ 500
J.Kennedy - $ 1200
T.Jones - $ 1000
M.Nicholls - $ 400
T.Quick - $ 900
M.Booth- $ 900
T.Williams - $ 800

Who didnt play - Bower - $ 1500 plus 5k sign on
Amaramtidis - $ 800

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who and how much
I would have thought DP would have top 10 highest paid players.
Reality is any sign on money.should be included in the salary cap. Of course we know this is not the case at DP.
Average per player to fit withing salary cap is a little over $500 and DP would have atleast 10 over 1,500. Other div 1 clubs would be lucky to have 2 or 3 players over 1k

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Many years ago when I was playing there was no salary cap or points system. There wasn't social media to air everyones dirty laundry or to discuss topics regarding local football good or bad. Reading all the comments regarding Deer Park and what they're paying players off the books got me thinking about the 90's and early 2000's when Port Colts would recruit players, offer them good coin for back in those days then also get them a job on the wharf. Now the jobs on the wharf would've put ball park figure $90-150k in their pockets on top of their match payments for Port Colts. If Deer Park did the same thing these days and claimed they paid player X $20k to do a house reno or landscape someones garden how is that any different?

Here you go !

Below is the Deer Park list that took on Altona and what they are approx getting paid per game.

Based on the market and the players standing in the market place, DP would be spending 20k to 25k every week x 18 weeks =around 400k

W.Krithararis - $ 800
j.Purton-Smith - Got offered $ 1,500 by another club preseason, deer park matched offer
J.Wong - was getting 1200 at Shepparton, 1800 a game at deer Park.
J.Mckenzie - $ 800
R.Van Riet - $ 800
D.Stevens - $ 1200
K.Mcharg - got offered 40k to go bush, stayed for $ 1500
J.Perkins - $ 1500
K.Klix - not much as the president has looked after him in other ways
S.Byrnes - GFL side offered 45k to coach them preseason, stayed at Deer Park for 2k
M.Galea - $ 800
S.Greenhough - $ 650
J.Williams - $ 1200
K.Testa - $ 500
C.Stewart - $1500
J.Condos - $ 500
J.Kennedy - $ 1200
T.Jones - $ 1000
M.Nicholls - $ 400
T.Quick - $ 900
M.Booth- $ 900
T.Williams - $ 800

Who didnt play - Bower - $ 1500 plus 5k sign on
Amaramtidis - $ 800
Even if the players payments in your post where all cut in half (in which we all know those players wouldn't play then) then DP would be borderline the salary cap, surely the league would see this, the only incentive it gives other clubs is to try and build as much as possible till DP's money dries up which I can't see happening.
Definitely the sign on payments need to become part of the salary cap if it ain't already and DP need to show morals and just play football like the other clubs who I'd say all play by the salary cap rules.

Even if the players payments in your post where all cut in half (in which we all know those players wouldn't play then) then DP would be borderline the salary cap, surely the league would see this, the only incentive it gives other clubs is to try and build as much as possible till DP's money dries up which I can't see happening.
Definitely the sign on payments need to become part of the salary cap if it ain't already and DP need to show morals and just play football like the other clubs who I'd say all play by the salary cap rules.

For those that are interested the rules regarding the player payments including sign on payments and what constitutes fair work outside of the salary cap are on the AFL Vic website https://aflvic.com.au/community/community-club-sustainability-program/

Very interesting to note the standard of proof for a breach of the salary cap is based on the Balance of Probabilities test………not beyond reasonable doubt. Very big difference and one that gives considerable clout to the WRFL and AFL Vic if they thought a club was cheating the salary cap.

For those that are interested the rules regarding the player payments including sign on payments and what constitutes fair work outside of the salary cap are on the AFL Vic website https://aflvic.com.au/community/community-club-sustainability-program/

Very interesting to note the standard of proof for a breach of the salary cap is based on the Balance of Probabilities test………not beyond reasonable doubt. Very big difference and one that gives considerable clout to the WRFL and AFL Vic if they thought a club was cheating the salary cap.
Fact is nobody thinks the WRFL have balls to do anything about it. WRFL have turned a blind eye to it since the salary cap came it. If the WFFL will not do any thing about it the Div 1 clubs make a stance. If not then everyone need to stop sooking about it and just play football.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

one that gives considerable clout to the WRFL and AFL Vic if they thought a club was cheating the salary cap.

... IF they wanted to pursue it, and WRFL has demonstrated time and time again anything contentious just gets swept under the rug and never talked about.

Not holding my breath.

Of course, if the rumours started that WRFL executives were accepting payments to ignore the situation or to delay any investigation or to minimise any possible sanctions, then the attitude at Western Oval might change. Or not, seeing as it would just be rumours, scurrilous ones at that.

Amazingly Deer Park are not the only club asking players to sign contracts that dont reflect their real payments in div 1. The other club that is doing it only won a handful of games.

Amazingly Deer Park are not the only club asking players to sign contracts that dont reflect their real payments in div 1. The other club that is doing it only won a handful of games.
come on spill the beans,who,or are you just spreading muck around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back