AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - Your ANZAC Day Medallist - 25/4

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst its never a good thing for one of your best players to get injured I'm relieved it wasn't a knee and if its just an ankle sprain rather than a fracture/break or one of those weird ankle injuries that crop up that take forever to heal then I'm relieved. You know Zac Merrett will have himself in the best possible shape come the start of the season no matter what. He's also not someone that is going to need tons of footy under his belt to perform. So glass half full for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of the three main players under injury cloud (Zerrett, Joe and Hooker) i worry the most about Zac. This may end up being a month on the sidelines when he is trying to build up his tank. This may result in him having a slow start to the year.

Maybe but I think it matters less than recent years, we are in a place where Parish, McGrath and Langford will be able to carry more of the load.

Out of the three main players under injury cloud (Zerrett, Joe and Hooker) i worry the most about Zac. This may end up being a month on the sidelines when he is trying to build up his tank. This may result in him having a slow start to the year.
Might be a blessing in disguise?

Just want to give old mate Zach some love. All the talk of Shiel, McGrath, Langford, Parish etc is exciting and awesome but this guy is a bona fide A grader that we should never take for granted (I am not suggesting anyone does). Could quite possibly go bananas this year with the support of Shiel and a bit more out of Langford and McGrath in the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back