Injury Wines has done his shoulder

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty much this. City Hall is content with the financial and commercial stability at the club for the moment.

They also realise that a high profile chairman is valuable to the club and to the league.

While he’s chairman and there is a “voting” process in play, he is pretty much afforded the final say on matters.

The price of survival.

It's why we still have Hinkley.
It's why we no longer have a Game Day Village.
It's why we sucked eggs on the AFLW team.
It's why we didn't say anything about shot clocks or raised elbows.
It's why we don't get to wear the Prison Bars when we choose.

Sadly, it's also why we aren't really who we say we are.

The price of survival.

Opening stanza at rebel members convention?

The price of survival.

I’ve seen the video. We are who Liverpool says we are.

“Anyone who attended last year’s convention will attest to the fact that we don’t hold back.
It’s inner sanctum stuff.
And yes, even at the elite level things don’t always go to plan…we’ll discuss that too if you like!
But if you’re like me, I’m done looking backwards.
We are now full throttle forward.”

Blinkers are on.
KT is turning into Bruce McAvaney.

The next email will be:

“Ollie, Ollieee, Ollieeeeeee, Ollieeeeeeeeeee

Ahhhh, Ollieeeee”

"ADELAIDE key defender Daniel Talia is in a race against time for the Crows' season opener as he continues his recovery from knee surgery. The dual All Australian had surgery on his left knee in December after an innocuous incident at home."

Perspective ..

'34 pages and counting' mountain out of a molehill?

Tangents galore ..

s**t happens (but didn’t in Ollie’s first 6 years) ..

www.bubblewrap.com ..
Simply signs that the Ports supporter base has had enough of the cr*p coming out of the club i the last three years.

This Wine's incident should not be looked at in isolation.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Opening stanza at rebel members convention?

Announced straight after your guitar solo and finbarr's drum solo, using one of those old school pull down mics they used for boxing.

Harry Wines wasn’t talking about Kane Cornes circa 2001-2014.

He was talking purely about Kane Cornes circa 2015, who knew full well his heart wasn’t in it for a full season but desperately wanted the 300 game accolade.

Kane did sheep dog his way to that milestone that year - it was very clear he was doing whatever he could to not get injured.

He did throw his teammates under the bus - Kane did absolutely nothing in the game we lost against Brisbane when a typical Kane performance of 30 uncontested possessions with hard running probably would have got us over the line.

He did let his teammates down by ditching them as soon as he reached 300 games - using the Fire Brigade as an convenient excuse when the reality was it was easier for his agent to sell him being a 300 game premiership player to media outlets outside of SA.

The malaise at this club started when Kane left. It’s not because of how he played. It’s because he made it abundantly clear that when push comes to shove, the most important person in the world is yourself and not your teammates. And that attitude filtered through the playing group to this day.

Now, as a supporter I can sit back and look at what Kane has done through his career and say he deserved to be a bit selfish at the end after all the sacrifices he made. But you’re talking about guys who were looking up to him for an example and he let them down, so I can see that point of view as well.

He was talking purely about Kane Cornes circa 2015, who knew full well his heart wasn’t in it for a full season but desperately wanted the 300 game accolade.

Kane did sheep dog his way to that milestone that year - it was very clear he was doing whatever he could to not get injured.

He did throw his teammates under the bus - Kane did absolutely nothing in the game we lost against Brisbane when a typical Kane performance of 30 uncontested possessions with hard running probably would have got us over the line.

He did let his teammates down by ditching them as soon as he reached 300 games - using the Fire Brigade as an convenient excuse when the reality was it was easier for his agent to sell him being a 300 game premiership player to media outlets outside of SA.

The malaise at this club started when Kane left. It’s not because of how he played. It’s because he made it abundantly clear that when push comes to shove, the most important person in the world is yourself and not your teammates. And that attitude filtered through the playing group to this day.

Now, as a supporter I can sit back and look at what Kane has done through his career and say he deserved to be a bit selfish at the end after all the sacrifices he made. But you’re talking about guys who were looking up to him for an example and he let them down, so I can see that point of view as well.

He actually did the Fireman stuff, so that is unfair. That he got better offers after, good luck to him.

I don't agree with him leaving during the season, but he DID join the fireys.

“Anyone who attended last year’s convention will attest to the fact that we don’t hold back.
It’s inner sanctum stuff.
And yes, even at the elite level things don’t always go to plan…we’ll discuss that too if you like!
But if you’re like me, I’m done looking backwards.
We are now full throttle forward.”

Blinkers are on.
Learning from your mistakes is so passe

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

He actually did the Fireman stuff, so that is unfair. That he got better offers after, good luck to him.

I don't agree with him leaving during the season, but he DID join the fireys.

Two weeks? It was just window dressing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man gets job.

Two weeks later, man gets better job. More money and less work.

Man takes better job.
It was 16 weeks if you include the training, there was also a process of a good few months leading up to recruitment. So not really a passing interest.

He completed training. It's a fair commitment and the hardest part tbh.

It was a dick move, he cost another person a coveted place!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09...r-kane-cornes-joins-firefighting-team/6768812
He did the training from June to September 2015 and then worked on relieving day shift crew until July 2016. He was never allocated to a specific shift eg A,B, C,D that has rolling day and night schedules.

He spent a lot of time on his phone at work, and once footy season commenced in 2016, he started leaving early so he could meet his footy media commitments in SA and catching flights interstate. He was told to pull his head in and make a choice, be a fire fighter or piss off and work in the media.

Harry Wines can eat a bag.

Exactly the type of player we seem to be lacking now. Kane's importance to our team and structure has been evident since he left and we've plummeted since.

He may have got the cheap kicks, but he is a 4xB&F, he helped us move the ball, and he stopped his opponent. Both are things we struggle with now.
True. Uncontested possessions shouldn't be underestimated. It's literally a possession taken while in space. I feel like "cheapies" get unfairly criticised, because they're integral to super fast ball movement. You'll never have that if you rely solely on contested possessions (which are possessions taken while not in space, so you're forced to either break lines which is easier said than done or get rid of the pill while under pressure, hopefully to one of your players in space to create an opportunity). Not that contested possessions should be underestimated either, but the Hawks in their glory days made a whole gameplan around their players getting into space and collecting "cheapies". Geelong in their glory days were the same, remembering how quickly they were able to sling back the ball from their backline thanks to outside players like Corey Enright.

In any case, sorry if I am intruding. I just wanted to join in on the discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back