Who should I support?

Remove this Banner Ad

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hey,

There’s no doubt been a thread on this but I need some help from the pro’s here. I’ve watched the recent season and paid as much attention as I could, I’ve quite enjoyed it. I’ve narrowed down 4 teams to get behind but I am not sure who to follow;

Pittsburgh
San Francisco
Denver
New York Giants

They all look like they’ve had quite successful histories, and are a there about a team.

Any help would be appreciated.

They've all got issues of one sort or another so be prepared for some hard yards whichever one you choose.
But overall strong clubs? Who has the best prospect you reckon? My first team I really liked was Denver, but I didn’t give it heaps of thought

But overall strong clubs? Who has the best prospect you reckon? My first team I really liked was Denver, but I didn’t give it heaps of thought

Best prospect is hard to say.

Denver & Giants need QB's, until they get someone solid they're in a kind of football purgatory. Also ? marks over coaches.
9ers have one who's due back from a knee but as an organisation have been all over the place for a long time, do appear back on track though.
Steelers might be the biggest basket case of the lot right now, some very good players have left or appear to be leaving, so really who knows where they are headed as there are internal issues for sure.

But you could apply those dysfunctions to any number of other teams so really it's just business as usual.

Things are nice & sunny over in Philly for a change, just sayin;)

pick steelers or niners imo. but what else matters to you? colors, logos, team philosophy, stadium type, etc etc. post things that you like a team to be/have and thatll help whittle it down.
Team Philosophy
Culture
History
Supporter type (I am a demons fan)
Organisational set up - are they in a good place? Aka like a West Coast or Hawthorn?
Regular finishing place - are they always around the mark for play offs?

Team Philosophy
Culture
History
Organisational set up - are they in a good place? Aka like a West Coast or Hawthorn?

If you're a Dee's supporter steer clear of the Steelers...feral supporter base.

The Giants are probably most like the Dee's from a supporter standpoint imo. Don't have the time of day for the cross town scum. Niners probably another good choice.

Team Philosophy
Culture
History
supporter type - hobnobbing upper class = giants

steelers, broncos are more than the other two as regular playoff teams, but the other two are not too far away

history all of them have a rich history

org set up, theyre all in a good place, tho broncos arent right now, bit of inner turmoil circling the club

culture, steelers are hard nosed working class, and extremely professional but this last year exposed some lockerroom shenanigans. niners have a good culture generally speaking, demand success. broncos too and giants as well.

giants and steelers are bit more in the upper clique of favoritism with the commissioner and have a history of such. NY connection obvious to NFL HQ too.

imo you couldn't have picked four more vomit inducing teams :p

The Giants are probably most like the Dee's from a supporter standpoint imo. Don't have the time of day for the cross town scum. Niners probably another good choice.
Giants defs the best fans of the lot. Definitely an MCC/Demons vibe

Steelers are inbred
49ers are feral
Broncos are dumb

supporter type - hobnobbing upper class = giants

steelers, broncos are more than the other two as regular playoff teams, but the other two are not too far away

history all of them have a rich history

org set up, theyre all in a good place, tho broncos arent right now, bit of inner turmoil circling the club

culture, steelers are hard nosed working class, and extremely professional but this last year exposed some lockerroom shenanigans. niners have a good culture generally speaking, demand success. broncos too and giants as well.

giants and steelers are bit more in the upper clique of favoritism with the commissioner and have a history of such. NY connection obvious to NFL HQ too.

imo you couldn't have picked four more vomit inducing teams :p
Could be the Giants or 49ers then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barkley will make watching the Giants worthwhile for the next decade.

passion often can get mistaken for feral...when I think feral in a NFL context, Raiders are always first in line, right GG.exe...oh wait.

Steelers and Eagles for me, clearly one and two in the feral stakes, with the Chiefs and Bills a clear third and fourth from the rest.

Each four are in the upper echelon of historical greatness as well run and successful organisations, lots of Super Bowl appearances and wins etc.

Steelers are the most secure of the lot. Still have the spine which has made them great for several consecutive decades. Good ownership, SB winning HC, and franchise QB. The problem is their QB is getting old and will be gone soon, their HC can't control the personalities of their roster, and a lot of talent is leaking out. They are going to be in a reboot phase for the next 5 years but will probably be better for it in the long run (they need it). They will be back as the best franchise in the league once again soon.

49ers are starting to rise again. They have a solid front office, solid young HC, and solid young potentially franchise QB. It's still yet to be seen how it will all pan out, but the future looks on the positive side of things. They are slowly trending back up to where they were in the 80s and 90s after an up and mostly down last two decades. The problem here is the uncertainty and unproven nature of their 'spine', and also the fact that their division will probably be very competitive for a while.

Broncos have questions over their ownership situation after having arguably the most stable ownership situation for almost the 40 years. They do though still have Elway in the FO and a new HC with a ton of succesful experience as a coordinator in the league, so the winning 'culture' and expectation is still well and truly there. If they can finally figure out the QB situation they can be back at the top again in only a couple of years, and if they can figure out a way to keep the Bowlen's in charge, with a smooth transition to someone who understands what it takes to walk in their fathers footsteps, then it will be same old same old in Denver for a long time.

Giants are in the most questionable situation of the lot. An old QB who isn't taking them anywhere and a relatively new HC who hasn't shown a ton of promise. They still have decent stability through their ownership, and so all it takes is a few hits in the right areas and they'll be back. The thing with the Giants is that they aren't a team over history who is constantly competing for a championship the same way Pittsburgh, Denver, and to a lesser extent San Francisco are. But they find a way to strike whilst the iron is hot.

The one thing is that each of these franchises have a Super Bowl or bust mentality. Each year isn't about winning the division or making the playoffs, having a winning record etc., they expect to win the Super Bowl and if they don't it's a failed season. They settle for nothing less. You don't get that mentality around the whole league believe it which is why you won't fail choosing one of these teams.

Which club is a bit more like west coast? Always there abouts, good culture &
Organisation. SAN Francisco?

Which club is a bit more like west coast? Always there abouts, good culture &
Organisation. SAN Francisco?
1. Pittsburgh
2. Denver
3. San Francisco/New York

They ALL are. That's why they're good choices. But in terms of who is up there most often, see that order above

Remove this Banner Ad

Back