JLT-2 Crows v GWS - Post Match Thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

Good hit out, especially in those 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Ran out of puff a bit in the end, but did enough prior to absorb it and kick a couple to ice it. Professional performance really.

Also that Jones is looking a rather inspired pick at this point in time.

Ran out of puff a bit in the end, but did enough prior to absorb it and kick a couple to ice it. Professional performance really.

Nobody doubts Hamish anymore surely.

Let's hope the VFL don't get a team in Tassie.

Well no one worth paying the slightest bit of inspiration too.

That said, this one has a shot to end up being one of the better picks from the Hamish era. I doubt Jones will ever take the crown of best pick away from Doedee, that pick was purely an egotistical "I'm better then everyone" which has swished.
He is no Burton though.

He was also abusing his own players from the boundary line: I was there and heard it all. He's very loud.
It's a regular theme with Heater. He does give his teamates a spray at times. He has a rare intuitive reading of the game though, and it's always about fixing things that need to be fixed. He's not in our leadership group anymore formally but Davis will mostly defer to him, because he's generally right.

You will also see him animated on the bench with the coaches as well. It's just Heater. He's not like other people and a self confessed sufferer of OCD.

Leon supports him and he's not unpopular with the players. From a comfort point of view they might prefer to give him a wide berth when things aren't going well though. On the other hand they probably shouldn't be in their comfort zone when things need to be fixed.

Surely Betts touch must be a major positive for you guys? I dont rate JLT form but that's something he wont lose going into the season.

See your talent identification and recruiting team have done their usual great job with Chayce Jones. Pretty sure Tommo will give him more respect next time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamish role is to build a list that is capable of winning the big dance

Its then over to the coaches and players to get the job done

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Marty likes to ignore that Hamish only took over in 2012 and then he had two years where he lost 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders and the Tippett pick. Put those 5 players in our side with their development and we would be flying.

Also had the club been able to retain the quality players Hamish picked.

No top 10 picks.

Milera and Doedee are now flying.

Jones looks like he will be a special.

Lots to look forward to unless you have an agenda, if only we had picked Burton, all would be rosy.

Don't agree they were fitter. They rotated 26 players since the start. We played 23 until mid way through the final quarter.
Add to that travelling two weeks in a row (Port Pirie is a solid two and a half hours drive from Adelaide), a six day turn around and playing in oppressive conditions last week, coming out like we did against quality opposition wasn't too bad at all.

Immediate things I noticed:

General sharpness/intensity - MUCH better than last year.
Pressure/tackling - Saw some contests where we had at least 3 crows around 1 GWS player and tackling hard. YES.
Brad Crouch - Midfield suddenly goes from average to very good with him back. Him and Matt just know where each other are, joy to watch.
Smithers - Hugely important and allows for Laird, WMD, Seed to play more natural. Gee we have the best half backs in the game.
Milera - Leave him at Half back, absolute JET.
Kicking - Much better at finessinga roudn and hitting up targets, rarely saw the A1 play form last year of bombming it long and hoping.
Structure - Much better and seems we finally have some game plan nous back.
Chayce - Another draft special, just looks a player. Clean, hard at it, goal sense and good skills.

Areas to watch/improve
Sauce - ruckwork ok but just cant se ehim lasting a year
small defender - just worry without Brown some small may get off the chain against us.
Sometimes a bit over posessiony... just get it in quick with new rules.

So we finish the end of the minor round in the top 4, give ourselves a chance to play in a GF and you won’t enjoy it?

Why would you even follow footy this year?
I want a flag or do you think it's better to watch us finish top 4 or top 8 for the next 20 years

Again

Thankyou my competitive for your views

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t think we ran out of puff. We clearly put the cue in the rack in the last.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back