JLT-2 Crows v GWS - Post Match Thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets go thru this by process of elimination...

So I think all, even marty could agree that we can cross off that he's built a bottom 4 list, we'll leave that to SOS, gold coast and maybe even the powah.

So next level, bottom 8, I think we can rule out that he's built a bottom 8 list by virtue of us having been in finals a lot more than not in the recent era.

So top 8, I think the line above confirms he's built a top 8 list.

What about top 4? Well it gets a bit tougher here. Only one top 4 finish in the last 3 years, although 2016 I think we were 5th with an amount of wins that almost always sees you top 4, so we are pretty close.

Premiership list. Not yet. Its extremely hard to do this though. One will note that there are regularly 17 teams in an 18 team competition without a premiership list. The signs are good. We are much closer to a premiership list than a wooden spoon list, that's for sure.

You are only a premiership list by retrospect. That said, if you are a top 4 team, you are damn capable of winning it.

Winning form is good form.

Beat two middling to top sides "away"

I was impressed by the composure and game plan. Lots of possession. Lots of precise kicking. Only giving the handball when appropriate (generally).

Walker should have a better second half of the season as he rebuilds his match fitness and confidence.

Good to see Jenkins talking more. He'll always be a passenger in some respects because he joined the game so late, but at least being more vocal should limit his drops in confidence and gaps in output.

Greenwood in for Douglas. I forgot all about Greenwood.

Gallouci and Jones to fight it out for the final small forward spot.

Hartigan (playing small until Brown back) Talia Doedee

Smith Keath Laird

Seedsman Sloane Milera

Knight Walker Lynch

Betts Jenkins Gallouci

Jacobs Crouch Crouch

Greenwood Gibbs Jones ?

Atkins would get that last spot.

Winning form is good form.

Beat two middling to top sides "away"

I was impressed by the composure and game plan. Lots of possession. Lots of precise kicking. Only giving the handball when appropriate (generally).

Walker should have a better second half of the season as he rebuilds his match fitness and confidence.

Good to see Jenkins talking more. He'll always be a passenger in some respects because he joined the game so late, but at least being more vocal should limit his drops in confidence and gaps in output.

Greenwood in for Douglas. I forgot all about Greenwood.

Gallouci and Jones to fight it out for the final small forward spot.

Hartigan (playing small until Brown back) Talia Doedee

Smith Keath Laird

Seedsman Sloane Milera

Knight Walker Lynch

Betts Jenkins Gallouci

Jacobs Crouch Crouch

Greenwood Gibbs Jones ?

Although many find it difficult to accept, Don will select a small lock down defender...so Kelly will play Rd 1. Until Brown is fit again

Absolutely bizzare that our Forest Gump attacks the one department of our club that is elite.

Hamish does an amazing job with the picks he is given.

Now if you wanted to have a go at:
1. Our administration for losing 5 top picks snd allowing a culture of good enough is close enough.
2. Our continuing choice of rookie head coaches that leads to overly conservative team selections, see point 1.
3. Our deplorable list management that rewards good guys who train well.

Any of these most would agree with you but our recruitment /talent idvhas been astounding.

P.s. Burton better than Doodee hahahahaha. That is Rabbit levels of delusions.

Last edited:
Bwahahahahaha.
Poor deenus...

onehotmessalaska-blogspot-com-bleedears-png.631809

Really enjoyed the game .....our fitness and ability to cover the ground with speed was excellent .....that said Chace was laboring in that last qtr to be expected

Milera is in for one cracker of a year .....with both he and Smith rebounding, i'm not sure there's a team capable of shutting our run down, under the new rules

The bloke that did disappoint was Douglas .....haven't seen the stats, but he just seemed insignificant tonight .....he should not make the R1 side ??

Will they bring Greenwood back ...hope so ....but who goes ?

IMO Murphy and Jones stay .....Douglas goes & we retain speed & tackling that Douglas is not providing

Was expecting a big year from Gallucci .....what's happened to him ??

Absolutely bizzare that our Forest Gump attacks the one department of our club that is elite.

Hamish doesvan amazing job with the picks he is given.

1. Our administration for losing 5 top picks snd allowing a culture of good enough is close enough.
2. Our continuing choice of rookie head coaches that leads to overly conservative team selections, see point 1.

Any of these most would agree with you but our recruitment /talent idvhas been astounding.

agree with point 1 and 3. The rookie coaches seem ok at the moment. Rookies only at AFL. Maybe rookie admin is closer to the mark.
Doedee (not Doodee) is a gun. Best recruit of the lot. Sh--s on Lever.

That would be the height of stupidity to level any criticism of Hamish ........we should build a statue for him

We should leave Marty alone. I'm really worried about him. He's obviously in pain and crying out for forgiveness from his wrong call on Burdodeegate.

I think anyone that repeatedly criticizes our recruiting department despite the evidence against them has a clear mental deficiency. Like some sort of cognitive processing issue that should be medically diagnosed and treated. Maybe part of the brain is underdeveloped, didn't form correctly or is simply missing?

These people who form incorrect opinions despite overwhelming evidence are also likely to be anti-vaxxers, conspiracy theorists, climate change deniers and flat earthers so could be a danger to society in general

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've not posted or been around much in a while.

Have we had the Rabbit's eye view on M. Crouch's performance yet?

Or Marty Moose's evaluation of Doedee's game?

I was listening to the radio broadcast, interrupted by family duties, so did not get a full appreciation of individual efforts.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think anyone that repeatedly criticizes our recruiting department despite the evidence against them has a clear mental deficiency. Like some sort of cognitive processing issue that should be medically diagnosed and treated. Maybe part of the brain is underdeveloped, didn't form correctly or is simply missing?

These people who form incorrect opinions despite overwhelming evidence are also likely to be anti-vaxxers, conspiracy theorists, climate change deniers and flat earthers so could be a danger to society in general

We should be nice to him. His belief in his judgment on our recruiting was so concrete that Deedee's emergence as an elite talent has literally crumbled his reality. In a person, when this happens, your brain shuts down psychological reasoning and goes straight to defense. Because that is the only option. If this belief is not true, then what others pillars of his existance are going to abandon him.

Just from a quick watch of the highlights, wtaf was that effort from Douglas and Hartigan? Absolutely diabolical. Surely we can run with Keath and bring in either/any of Gooch, McAdam, McHenry, Greenwood...

Considering both are experienced footballers, the utter lack of poise and creativity was shocking.

Smith looked brilliant from th couple of glimpses in highlight reel

My 2 cents - ideally Kelly, Hartigan and Douglas get replaced over the course of the season.

All 3 either too slow or too error prone. Hartigan the most valuable of the 3 because he can do a solid lock down job.

With Brown down, not sure who replaces Kelly though.

Gallouci for Douglas is easy.

Keath and Talia is enough coverage for most teams. GWS are tall up forward though. Be interesting to see how they line up the defence when all fit.
Nice post, seeing things very similar to most in here I think.

My thoughts are :

Watching the Port North game today, and comparing our match last night, I think these new rules will impact the teams that are weak defensively the most. We managed to keep gws goalless in the 3rd qtr and only 3 goals until 3 qtr time. While Port and North were 70-64 with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter and 134 points scored alrrady . Both teams to be known for being 1 way runners. If you don't work both ways, these new rule changes will show you up. Interested to see if anyone else this weekend manages to keep a team to such a low score at 3 qtr time, which is when we started resting players, not committing to contests for fear of injury etc.

I think we are very well placed.

100% expect to make the prelim as a minimum.

80% confident we will make the GF, only thing that could change my mind would be injuries, an away match in the prelim, or a bogey team or team just in red hot form. Then bit less confident.

99.999% confident we will win the GF, once again the only thing that could change my mind would be injuries, or a bogey team or team just in red hot form. Then bit less confident.

My thoughts are :

Watching the Port North game today, and comparing our match last night, I think these new rules will impact the teams that are weak defensively the most. We managed to keep gws goalless in the 3rd qtr and only 3 goals until 3 qtr time. While Port and North were 70-64 with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter and 134 points scored alrrady . Both teams to be known for being 1 way runners. If you don't work both ways, these new rule changes will show you up. Interested to see if anyone else this weekend manages to keep a team to such a low score at 3 qtr time, which is when we started resting players, not committing to contests for fear of injury etc.

I think we are very well placed.

100% expect to make the prelim as a minimum.

80% confident we will make the GF, only thing that could change my mind would be injuries, an away match in the prelim, or a bogey team or team just in red hot form. Then bit less confident.

99.999% confident we will win the GF, once again the only thing that could change my mind would be injuries, or a bogey team or team just in red hot form. Then bit less confident.
Care for a wager

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

To summarise I think the new rule changes will affect the teams with weak defences and/or teams that don't work both ways. If you have both a weak defence and don't work both ways, you're stuffed.

I think the crows are very well drilled in working both ways. Our defence has more question marks over it when under attack from repeat entries, in big moments, we have been known to let the flood gates open on occasion.

But I'm confident pyke has the game plan right compared to what I'm seeing from other teams and we have a fit and healthy squad, so my expectations are high.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back