Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what we've learned in the last few days tech companies can easily censor content but in many cases choose not to. I put some of it down to that peculiarly American puritanist spirit, a nipple slip is the end of the world but scenes of extreme violence are seemingly of less importance to them.

It's creeping on here.

The other night Starship Troopers was on channel 10, I noticed the boob scene was edited out, but the graphic violence played for laughs and Nazi themes left in...

I was actually really worked up about it. This is bullshit. This is Australia. We had free to air TV t***ies long before Game of Thrones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Unless your likes exceed you total posts, are you even Big Footy-ing correctly?

I've caught up in the last year, largely thanks to my highly agreeable points of view expressed in various threads in the Media and Entertainment board.

Last edited:
The shooters party getting 17% of the vote and one of the biggest racists in the country in Mark Latham being elected a week after an Australian terrorist massacres 50 people.

Won’t surprise me if the trump wannabe gets re-elected

Out here, SFP was the only feasible alternative to the Nats. It was a vote to get them out as much as get SFP in.

Wouldn't shed a tear if Formula One left Melbourne (stop paying for it state government) but do chuckle at South Australians who think the Adelaide 500 is anything more than another Supercars race not called Bathurst nobody pays attention too.

It is though. As an 'event' it's better than Bathurst. Bathurst has a race then you go home. The adelaide 500 is more like a festival around a car race.

Try being a Freo supporter for a day when the other mob are going well and then you'll understand. Or, even try being a Freo supporter for a day in this state and then you will understand. I support many teams in the sporting world, but there are none that I despise as much as I do the blue and yellow campaigners.
So true. Even being a Hawks supporter living in Perth I feel that I probably feel the same as dockers supporters do. Although I dont actually dislike any of the players or the club it's just the supporters I cant stand (and I married one of them :p and my son seems to like the eagles as well :rolleyes:).

In the week leading up to the 2015 NRL GF, there were many cars heading down the Pacific with both Broncos and Cowboys flags and scarves and many were decked out in State of Origin Guernsey as opposed to their QLD club guernseys.

The NSW locals just thought of them as weirdos.

You wouldn't ever see close to that level of state parochialism for such a similar event like that anywhere else in Australia.

That's true. I live in Central Queensland. My town is split between Broncos and Cowboys loyalty. However, besides a bit of friendly banter perhaps there is no animosity between the two and if the other team is in a GF it's all aboard the Queensland team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back