Gibbs is now a Crow

How do you feel about the Bryce Gibbs deal?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He's definitely not the player he was... so at this stage you could say it was a bad trade.

But I would be inclined to judge come seasons end. It is still early so there is plenty of time for him and Adelaide to turn things around.

He's definitely not the player he was... so at this stage you could say it was a bad trade.

But I would be inclined to judge come seasons end. It is still early so there is plenty of time for him and Adelaide to turn things around.

The only way we come out okay in the trade is if we snag a premiership. Anything else would be looked back on as a waste.

People need to understand that Gibbs has hardly had a pre-season. Has been battling groin issues all summer long. Hence why he missed round 1 of JLT.

Oh, that’s ok then. Maybe if he’s not right we could consider not hamstringing the other 21 and actually not play him until he can bring the AFL required intensity to the field.

no excuse, if he is not ready play sanfl like Greenwood and Gallucci

the fact that he has been selected he is ready to play

not to mention Gibbs has gone on record saying he has had a great off-season

Of course he did, he had stuffed groins, barely did any running at all. Plus the mood was so light and jovial, it was nearly impossible to not have a great off season. Everyone loved it.

Was it season end last year when asked about the Crows wins v losses for the season & Gibbs response was something along the lines of "I'm pleased with X wins, it's more than I experienced at Carlton".

Sums up the club's mindset really.

Considering that Pyke said words to almost the exact sentiment as well. It was disturbing.

That's not my mail
Before you were claiming that Gibbs was only getting 250k a year in the final years of his Carlton deal, now you're arguing that there's no way he would be getting as little as 550k a year at the Crows.

His deal at Carlton was 3 million over five years (600k per year) and Walker has publicly said that Gibbs took a pay cut to come to Adelaide. The reality is that if it's been said publicly then it's more than likely the case.

He's on more than 550 mate

Much more

He's on more than 550 mate

Much more

11395787.jpg

I always had wanted Gibbs as a crow but seriously what we have up for him with our lists age profile is going to hurt long term. Look at the players in the bracket of those two first round picks.

Lochie O'Brien
Aidan Bonar
Zac Bailey
Ed Richards
Jack Higgins

Instead we give up to first round picks for a 29 year old who realistically was never going to be any difference in us winning the premiership. It's the players around him that are the problem.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I always had wanted Gibbs as a crow but seriously what we have up for him with our lists age profile is going to hurt long term. Look at the players in the bracket of those two first round picks.

Lochie O'Brien
Aidan Bonar
Zac Bailey
Ed Richards
Jack Higgins

Instead we give up to first round picks for a 29 year old who realistically was never going to be any difference in us winning the premiership. It's the players around him that are the problem.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pass on Lochie O'Brien thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you guys don't want to face facts that's fine with me.

Why stop at 550 over 4? Let's just make it 475k over 3?

Face facts? Wow, you're just embarrassing yourself now.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-21/tex-responds-to-gibbslever-comparisons

The major difference Walker saw between the pair's defections was that Gibbs accepted a pay cut, whereas Lever's new four-year deal with the Demons is reportedly worth $750,000 a season.

"My response is that Bryce Gibbs has come back to Adelaide and he's taken a pay cut to come back and spend time with family," Walker told Triple M.

"He's taken a pay cut, so that's pretty simple."

He's on less than he was at Carlton. I know you're desperately trying to convince yourself that the only reason he left was because of some massive deal, but the facts are that he came back to Adelaide on less coin because he wanted to come home.

The narrative has been clear on this from the start, Gibbs approached us about coming home and it wasn't the other way around.

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/sport/gibbs-approaches-crows-about-move-home

It's never been about money, so this claim that the Crows have offered him some massive deal is nothing but pure fantasy sprouted by a few delusional Carlton fans who are in denial.

Last edited:
Biggest issue is the laziness and lack of accountability for both his disposal and contested/defensive work.
Was meant to add class, but it looks like if he isn't first/second inside mid, he shuts down mentally and coasts.

Not sure where he plays in a midfield rotation now, maybe on the wing, but again you'd hope for much improved effort from someone of his calibre.

There was a LOT of overating Gibbs after we failed to get him in 2016. A LOT. Having said that, I was reasonably happy that we got him with a mid first and a small downgrade given the amount of picks that we had after losing CC and Lever. Gibbs has always been a coaster but given we’d just played in a GF and Burton’s pure shitness and Pyke’s obsession with laying all the blame at the player’s feet weren’t known at the time, I really thought he was a worthwhile acquisition at the price.

Gibbs played pretty well against the Swans last week with kicking as per usual standard. I reckon he’s got some sort of niggle in the recent Cats game. The main reason I say this is the way he was jogging after the 50m penalty. Then at the point of shooting for goal, the ball fell uncharacteristically short.

So either he’s playing lazy, out of form or he could be having some sort of niggle.

Face facts? Wow, you're just embarrassing yourself now.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-21/tex-responds-to-gibbslever-comparisons

The major difference Walker saw between the pair's defections was that Gibbs accepted a pay cut, whereas Lever's new four-year deal with the Demons is reportedly worth $750,000 a season.

"My response is that Bryce Gibbs has come back to Adelaide and he's taken a pay cut to come back and spend time with family," Walker told Triple M.

"He's taken a pay cut, so that's pretty simple."

He's on less than he was at Carlton. I know you're desperately trying to convince yourself that the only reason he left was because of some massive deal, but the facts are that he came back to Adelaide on less coin because he wanted to come home.

The narrative has been clear on this from the start, Gibbs approached us about coming home and it wasn't the other way around.

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/sport/gibbs-approaches-crows-about-move-home

It's never been about money, so this claim that the Crows have offered him some massive deal is nothing but pure fantasy sprouted by a few delusional Carlton fans who are in denial.

So Taylor Walker said so?

Maybe less money than his Market value which would have been high at the end of 2017 but to suggest he was on less than he was at Carlton is simply ridiculous. He was on a 5 year deal at 600 which was heavily front loaded. So was due to earn less than 300k on the last 2 years at Carlton. Now do you honestly believe he is on less than that.

Everyone knows Gibbs is on well over 700k at Adelaide for this year, 2020 and 2021

Everyone knows Gibbs is on well over 700k at Adelaide for this year, 2020 and 2021

If everyone knows, surely there is a credible, verified source that says so. So produce it or go away.

Maybe less money than his Market value which would have been high at the end of 2017 but to suggest he was on less than he was at Carlton is simply ridiculous. He was on a 5 year deal at 600 which was heavily front loaded. So was due to earn less than 300k on the last 2 years at Carlton. Now do you honestly believe he is on less than that.

Everyone knows Carlton supporters sleep in oxygen tents which they believe give them sexual powers.

Gibbs played pretty well against the Swans last week with kicking as per usual standard. I reckon he’s got some sort of niggle in the recent Cats game. The main reason I say this is the way he was jogging after the 50m penalty. Then at the point of shooting for goal, the ball fell uncharacteristically short.

So either he’s playing lazy, out of form or he could be having some sort of niggle.
His interrupted pre-season is definitely showing. He will come good.

Look you keep stating this as fact without offering anything as to how you know. Do you know his management? Do you know Gibbs? Stating “everyone knows” isn’t helping your cause, we are included in everyone and we don’t know.

Gibbs was desperate to come back to Adelaide for family reasons, we didn’t have to buy him with the contract you are suggesting.

I’ve noticed a few Blues posters posting in threads with their opinions on our club, they can’t post in our death riding thread so you are posting here by stealth.

Now supply some info or piss off.

Drugs are bad for you... as you are living in fairyland!

Back