RDFNL 2019 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta say the crowd went silent near the report when the loudmouth Riddell supporter called the umpire a ******* and said the charge would be thrown out like those in th GF. Wonderful behaviour and not a surprise the players carryon like they do, they are applauded for such behaviour by the faithful.

Who was the player mate that got 5 weeks?

I dont think people realise what riddell have lost. Tim walsh saved them every week in the backline.i think they will make the 6 but wont do the damge people think. I hope im wrong

Who was the player mate that got 5 weeks?

I dont think people realise what riddell have lost. Tim walsh saved them every week in the backline.i think they will make the 6 but wont do the damge people think. I hope im wrong

P.Sahlberg

From the reports i have heard, he got 5 weeks last night and can probably count himself extremely lucky thats all it was.

I can’t remember the last time I saw a Riddell game without poor discipline. Probably back when Nick Ash was captain.
Yes from what I hear very lucky only five weeks.
Considering they gave another player four weeks for a throw away line.

Hey Jordan.

Yes from what I hear very lucky only five weeks.
Considering they gave another player four weeks for a throw away line.

Hey Jordan.
There was 2charges 5 for each . 1st charge 5 for abuse at umpires . 2nd charge 5 for striking umpires that’s how I’m reading the tribunal reports

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance Chris could at least find time to do the weekly preview and review? Shocking so far.

I know the lass said they want to keep the show shorter but I would’ve thought if you do a footy show every week, you’d talk about the upcoming round.

Every game of footy & netball
Not just a couple big matches.

Some clubs mightn’t get a look in at all
for the season if you just preview the big games.

A 10 minute show isn’t such an impost for us fans & participants of the comp!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

5 for striking an umpire is ridiculously light if that is true
It certainly wasn’t striking. He walked into the umpire and sort of dropped his shoulder into him.

Punishment seems roughly right to me at 5 weeks for both. Having said that just not sure how there can be a rule allowing concurrent suspensions. If they are separate incidents then surely any punishment has to be served separately?

Concurrent suspensions is bullshit
I agree it seems ridiculous they are served concurrently. I heard thou ten weeks is added to his total before his permit to play is revoked...
5 weeks for contact and abuse,
A under19 kid gets four for abuse. Doesn’t seem fair.

It certainly wasn’t striking. He walked into the umpire and sort of dropped his shoulder into him.

Punishment seems roughly right to me at 5 weeks for both. Having said that just not sure how there can be a rule allowing concurrent suspensions. If they are separate incidents then surely any punishment has to be served separately?
So is it ten weeks on his record

Seems to be the way that the wider community does things.

People in prison almost never serve cumulative sentences. Concurrent seems to be how it's done.

There is little or no punishment for multiple offences. Therefore no deterrant either.

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting charges, pretty serious in their nature I would imagine, 5 weeks served seems like a slap with a lettuce leaf tbh. Oh well interesting thing will be whether Riddell players continue this trend or whether they just play footy. Diggers v Riddell game of the day, should b a decent affair and looking fwd to seeing how Romsey’s recruiting transcribes into game style and performance v Rupo.

Not pretty Wallan 41 scoring shots first Half 165 points vs Rock Bank could end very ugly this isn’t good only round 2

Last edited:
No surprises on weekends results.
Flicking through the lists was good to see Scanlan back for Rupo.I wish him well and can see him being a good senior footballer.Was very surprised to see a certain Rupo forward (copped plenty of criticism from me and others on forum last year)still playing seniors?

Its been mentioned previously Wallan have a favourable draw which is true (only playing 2 finalists twice) however a five game block starting Anzac weekend Diggers home
Rupo away
Riddell away
Macedon away
Woodend home
This will certainly give an insight into their prospects for the season.Davies is irreplaceable but the late inclusion of ruckman Brock brightens the landscape.
Would appear even at this early stage top teams are going to have at least 6 very easy games whereby key players can be rested throughout season.

Kicked a lazy 6 today !

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back