Autopsy Round 4, 2019: St.Kilda v Hawthorn *BLUE RIBBON CUP*

Remove this Banner Ad

We were pretty knocked about too. They were actually only 2 down for most of it and we had Parker pretty limited but still out on the ground as well. We just wanted it more and worked harder
Yep fair point
And yes we work our ass off and try our guts out and have every game this year, but we need to start/learn getting reward for all the hard work

really good point

clarks numbers were very low, so he could find himself back in the VFL for someone like hind/geary/stuv

To me it would be a shame not to keep pumping games in to Hunter. He's got to play to get better quicker. He looks like he will adjust to the pace of the game with more time.

Saints gold coast and Brisbane 3 wins out of 4. Odds for that would have been rather large.
Plugger....the odds would have been absolutely enormous.

How many "experts" and footy supporters generally would have tipped those 3 sides to be where they are right now?

ZERO.

He would've been a good inclusion but to win without him was great.
Mate if you want the board to be only how you want let us know

Christ there are some salty ass hawks fans over on the AFL forum in the gameday thread 😂

Telling us the outs we had today were all VFL level players compared to who the hawks had missing.

Quote of the year that one...

Didn’t Clarko fly half way across the world to chase Jakey Carlisle? He clearly disagrees with that ;)

The thing that pleases me about this game is we didn't even play that well. But certain players stood up and we got the win. We were lucky to get Hawks with injuries but we have a few of our own and some of the injuries in the game I think we're due to our ferocious tackling.

What I'm saying is we didn't play as well as I think we can but still won. That's really exciting to me. HUGE win today. Couldn't be happier.

Billings was bog for me but hats off to Cal Wilkie. What a player!

OK... so what a day!
• Got to the game and some random stunner walks up to me and my mate and gives us free medallion club tickets
• sit down for a beer prior to the game outside the ground and watch Spurs finish off my multi for a massive collect
• multi Saints Carlton line into Woods tonight for heaps
And for the best yet watch the young Saintas stand up for a gutsy win.
Rowan Marshall have my baby's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing that pleases me about this game is we didn't even play that well. But certain players stood up and we got the win. We were lucky to get Hawks with injuries but we have a few of our own and some of the injuries in the game I think we're due to our ferocious tackling.

What I'm saying is we didn't play as well as I think we can but still won. That's really exciting to me. HUGE win today. Couldn't be happier.

LOL tried to say something similar earlier, I think we could've played a lot better and were capable of smashing them today A long from our best and still won

Nope. He played a ripper round 1 last year and out of team shortly thereafter.

When his bad games are good and his good games are great I’ll take notice. Right now he is one good game every 10.

Played 8 games before injury hit last year. Got back in at round 19 and played out the year. Not sure that's dropped to be honest. played 13 games and dropped below 20 possessions 5 times a few at 19. He's never had a defined role and was everything from marking forward to a ruckman as we needed him.

LOL tried to say something similar earlier, I think we could've played a lot better and were capable of smashing them today A long from our best and still won
I think the credit for that fact goes for the backs. Forwards didn't play that well but the backline held up throughout.

for the saints fans who were at the game, make sure you check out the final two minutes of carlton vs gold coast.

then think about us last year. that could easily be us right now. but it's not. carlton fans now want bolton sacked for ratten, the bloke they sacked for malthouse.

i think a lot of us really rate carltons list as well. their midfield looks excellent on paper. i used to think bolton was much more advanced than richo. now i'm conceding i was wrong. i think richo would be blessed to have some of their players and he'd have them performing a lot better.

OK... so what a day!
• Got to the game and some random stunner walks up to me and my mate and gives us free medallion club tickets
• sit down for a beer prior to the game outside the ground and watch Spurs finish off my multi for a massive collect
• multi Saints Carlton line into Woods tonight for heaps
And for the best yet watch the young Saintas stand up for a gutsy win.
Rowan Marshall have my baby's.
Awesome l'm all 'S' mate.
Suns Saints Spurs Storm and this weekend has been Sensational.
Is there anything better than Sooking Blues and Hawks fans. No!

Playing Box Hill with out Jack Steven last year would have been touch and go. If anyone said you'd be with out Stuv, Carlisle and Roberton for games, I'd think we'd have been outsiders for all except Carlton games. I don't care ow we win as long as we keep it up.

The major positive for me was that we didn’t crumble when going 26 down halfway through the third. Especially after losing last week.

If this was last year we would have lost by 40-50 odd. And we climbed back into the game without a real experienced player, apart from Brown who we can all agree was quite quiet.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Awesome l'm all 'S' mate.
Suns Saints Spurs Storm and this weekend has been Sensational.
Is there anything better than Sooking Blues and Hawks fans. No!

Just a shame Essendon didn't lose too.

I couldn't count the amount of times I read the rubbish 'we have noone to replace Dunstan but' and ' we can't cover his contested ball' drove me bats**t crazy.

Said numerous times it's not just a numbers game.. players step up when called upon in situations like that... give a guy more responsibility and reap the benefits.

Dunstan was severly holding Seb back and geez he benefited today in his absence.. we saw the old Seb really stand up and the extra opportunities for Clark and Acres paid massive dividends.

I'm sure Luke is a great bloke and I hate to bash him but we are a better side going forward without him.. he simply doesn't have enough weapons for this level and the growth of some of our young players is more important.

Oh and imagine crucifying Acres for having a quiet game in a forward pocket last week... I mean blind Freddy even gets it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back