Review Good bad and ugly vs kangaroos

Remove this Banner Ad

If we won't get anything for Jenkins there is no point of getting rid of him.

Maybe a spell in the magoos will motivate him to hit the lofty peaks of minimum competence he has sporadically touched on in the past.

Or

Maybe it won't... but I sure as s**t ain't giving him away for FREE.
This discussion with you and OutofTownCrow started because you were complaining about how long certain players were contracted for and that a rebuild cannot begin until after their contracts expire. So he explained to you how you can circumvent that if a rebuild is truly on the cards, and you've ignored every point made because you want good draft picks in return if trading those players even though they have very little value as of right now. So which direction do you want the club to go. Stay the course or embark on a rebuild ?? Bear in mind that they won't be dropping 10+ senior players to play SANFL. Now there's a "hypothetical dream" for you.

The GOOD
- New Hong Kong Restaurant at Stawell, $20 all you can eat on Friday night (plus free corkage).
- We were too depressed to hit the Love Machine in Prahran after the match.

The BAD
- 16 hour round trip to Melbourne
- What Air Bnb describe as a gorgeous 4 bedroom house at Stawell (pre-used bed sheets, pre-used towels the bathroom).

The UGLY
- The pathetic crowd, you could hear the players talking to each other.
- The pathetic umpires.
- The pathetic North Melbourne game-plan.
- Everything that the Crows produced from the start of the first quarter until the end of the fourth quarter.

What about your usual argument that only flags count, everything else is failure.

Crows 2 flags in 28 years.

Poort Pear 1 flag in 22 years.

You do the maths.
The old....its ok for me to be a loser....because my little brother is a bigger loser.
Sums up the menatlity of "we fly as one" perfectly.
When we start saying 2 flags in 30 odd years....well....it just gets embarrising....so PLEASE dont use that as an argument.

Try to just nod and accept the mediocrity....our players and coaches have. As have the administration.

This discussion with you and OutofTownCrow started because you were complaining about how long certain players were contracted for and that a rebuild cannot begin until after their contracts expire. So he explained to you how you can circumvent that if a rebuild is truly on the cards, and you've ignored every point made because you want good draft picks in return if trading those players even though they have very little value as of right now. So which direction do you want the club to go. Stay the course or embark on a rebuild ?? Bear in mind that they won't be dropping 10+ senior players to play SANFL. Now there's a "hypothetical dream" for you.

My original post stated our older players and their contract status noting the difficulty of trading them for picks or cap space in order to help kick start a rebuild.

OutoftownCrow explained what we all already knew which was contracted players get traded all the time. I requested a realistic example, he could not provide an adequate one. You took the time to explain how players can and do get traded for nothing.

Both re-enforcing my original point we have painted ourselves into a corner with older player contracts.

Bugger all.

All night we were getting smashed in centre clearances. At one point in the third / last quarter I thought to myself that we just need someone with agility/speed in the centre bounce - why don’t they put Milera in there. Lo and behold after the next Roos goal Milera goes in there and gets the clearance.

What I don’t understand is why some of this stuff is so obvious to us dumb supporters but is oblivious to the coaches.
To us supporters it seems obvious, maybe because our assessments arnt blinded by numbers and key performance indicators etc. we just call it as we see it.

My original post stated our older players and their contract status noting the difficulty of trading them for picks or cap space in order to help kick start a rebuild.

OutoftownCrow explained what we all already knew which was contracted players get traded all the time. I requested a realistic example, he could not provide an adequate one. You took the time to explain how players can and do get traded for nothing.

Both re-enforcing my original point we have painted ourselves into a corner with older player contracts.
Maybe, but it's not like there isn't options. So, which direction do you want the club to take. Stay the course or embark on a rebuild ??

Yes, players move clubs to free up cap space. NO ******* s**t SHERLOCK. Stop acting like no one else understands the concept, why do you keep repeating it?

We are not stuck with these guys solely because they are contracted. We are also stuck with them because they are s**t.

And we finally get to the crux of my argument!!! Yay!!!

This will never happen and your trade scenario is delusional. Jenkins is not going to GC, not now not ever. Want to bet on it? Name your price? There is no ceiling on this bet.
You seem to be losing your cool, that's always a good sign during a discussion.

And another thing to note... Posting 'wanna bet?!!!' doesn't give you as much cred as you think it does

Sent from my Armor using Tapatalk

You seem to be losing your cool, that's always a good sign during a discussion.

And another thing to note... Posting 'wanna bet?!!!' doesn't give you as much cred as you think it does

Sent from my Armor using Tapatalk

Oh noes my 'bigfooty cred'!!!

Don't worry I have a solution, I will regain my 'cred' by posting highly plausible trade scenarios such as Jenkins to GC for Luko and some junk picks or perhaps technical drafting info such as the ability to trade players for cap space (wowee).

I anticipate regaining my bigfooty cred it no time! yay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rewatched some of the sanfl game tonight. It is hard to believe that our seconds were playing the same game plan as our firsts.

In the sanfl we piled on the goals in the third quarter by moving the ball forward long and quick.

In 2017 this was our plan too. Basically we backed ourselves to win a shoot out and we generally did. It’s like the GF loss meant that Pyke threw that approach out the window when what he should have done was develop a plan B for when plan A doesn’t work, but he should have till stuck with plan A on game day and only triggered plan B if the opponent started to get on top.

Now we don’t even have a viable plan A!

No I want cap space or picks, not nothing.

You're telling me what I want now??? lmao

The bizarre thing is you somehow have assumed that cap space doesn’t automatically come with trading a player

It’s not a box on the form you have to tick

Yes, players move clubs to free up cap space. NO ******* s**t SHERLOCK. Stop acting like no one else understands the concept, why do you keep repeating it?

You don’t seem to understand the concept even if others do

The bizarre thing is you somehow have assumed that cap space doesn’t automatically come with trading a player

It’s not a box on the form you have to tick

So by trading a contracted player we will definitely free up cap space? If so pull the trigger, yeahh boiii.

What if we pay their salary? Is that taking up our cap space or theirs? I don't care about the actual money I just about the cap space or picks.

Talia stood up for the roos at crucial times through out the game. he was clearly one of there best. And that riely obrian what a complete dud, lets cut our loses with him now.

Good: some glimpses of former brilliance (Betts volley-goal, Walker's left-foot pass to Betts) but miserably rare.

Ugly:
--- Betts' determination to take MotY before he retires. I thought he was 'tunnelled' somewhat by the Pie player who backed into him (3rd quarter?) but he still went early and landed on his face. Again. The frees he gives away going for a speccie are momentum-stoppers.
--- Brownflop's exaggerations for frees, which he gets!! His attention-seeking, time-wasting 40m run-up to kick for goal is ludicrous.
--- Keath (14 marks, 8 cont. possessions, 85% DE, all very good) could be a star but his getting caught htb in the last quarter (I think) is symptomatic of his biggest flaw. He took possession in clean air, but dithered so long thinking about what to do next that he was tackled. I hope he speeds up his decision-making processes, soon. His delays when he has possession help the oppo players to defend further up the ground.
It's Ugly, not Bad, and he's one of the least of our team problems.

Bad: where to start?
--- NM kicked the ball worse than us in the first half (which is hard to do) and could easily have led at half-time.
--- 36 x i50s, ffs, cannot produce a winning score.
--- worst of all, we looked dispirited and disunited, low on energy and enthusiasm, not working/playing for each other.

Most of our players are not Rocket Scientists, but they are smart enough to be aware of
--- the Gold Pass system which made Gibbs the token scapegoat. If Pyke was serious about punishing poor form then at least 2 of JJ, Murphy, and Hartigan should be dropped.
--- the employing and retention of incompetent Assistant Coaches as better assistants (eg Teague) leave
--- a lack of Coaching direction on Game Day. Oppositions do not let us play "our way" any more and Pyke has to come up with other ways.

Looks like "maintaining the trust in each other" is going to be our theme of the week

(according to Tom Lynch today)

Code for no changes

Excellent.

Agreed.

In 2017, Adelaide were top of the league in points from turnovers and points from half back, while they were number six in contested possessions.
This season they are 18th, 16th and 15th.

Looks like the 666 rule and our coach’s inability to plan around it has killed us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back