Preview Gold Coast Suns vs Brisbane Lions Saturday 27 April 2019 - 1.45 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that the guys who had interrupted preparations in Stef and Darcy ,who have been great players for the club, are seen to be struggling a bit.

I'd be reluctant to drop Stef. He's proven himself over many years and his form hasn't been that bad . There aren't too many who could compete with Grundy.

Now you've gone and done it.

giphy.gif

I'm not familiar with Answerth's game, can someone tell me what he will bring to the side? Haven't seen him play and know little about him other than the club has been impressed by him so far.
Also speaking of debutants I'd really like to see Wooller get run too - just got a feeling about Wooller, like he might straighten up our forward line a touch.

I'm not familiar with Answerth's game, can someone tell me what he will bring to the side? Haven't seen him play and know little about him other than the club has been impressed by him so far.
Also speaking of debutants I'd really like to see Wooller get run too - just got a feeling about Wooller, like he might straighten up our forward line a touch.
I haven't seen loads of him, but he's playing offensive half-back. Reminds me of someone like Michael Hibberd in his early years.

Wooller, we'd need to drop someone in order to debut him. He'd have to be third tall forward at AFL level... Think I'd rather him have a week or two more for some consistency in the magoos before a debut. I know a few here are keen on McStay taking a breather, but I don't think that's necessarily the right call.

Fages at the press conference ‘There will be changes this week ‘ I took it to mean outside of Andrews and Matho.

I'm looking forward to seeing Answerth T.Berry Smith Wooller Joyce McFadyen Fullerton Payne & Ballenden play:moustache:
I'm looking forward to seeing Answerth T.Berry Smith Wooller Joyce McFadyen Fullerton Payne & Ballenden play:moustache:[/UOTE]
Answerth, Wooller and Berry looking great. Fullarton is starting to really show good signs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen loads of him, but he's playing offensive half-back. Reminds me of someone like Michael Hibberd in his early years.

Wooller, we'd need to drop someone in order to debut him. He'd have to be third tall forward at AFL level... Think I'd rather him have a week or two more for some consistency in the magoos before a debut. I know a few here are keen on McStay taking a breather, but I don't think that's necessarily the right call.
Last week Wooler had decent stints as a midfielder starting at centre bounces, not as the stand in ruckman but as one of the mids while Archie was taking the taps. He is pretty agile and you can't argue he is good when the ball hits the ground for a relatively big fella.

Last week Wooler had decent stints as a midfielder starting at centre bounces, not as the stand in ruckman but as one of the mids while Archie was taking the taps. He is pretty agile and you can't argue he is good when the ball hits the ground for a relatively big fella.

Worth noting the club rated him as a top 20 pick in the draft. Will be interesting to see if our recruiters were spot on.

This made me go look up his height - club has him at 195cm! Taller than I thought, and that's genuine KP height. I thought he was about 191, in which case he'd be a midsized forward.

Interesting how ~4cm can change your thinking. For genuine KP height, he's quite good below his knees. When I thought he was undersized, I had him as decent but not outstanding below his knees, and considered him as third tall because he wouldn't be mid-capable at AFL level (even though he clearly is at NEAFL level).

Strange how things get set in your mind.

This made me go look up his height - club has him at 195cm! Taller than I thought, and that's genuine KP height. I thought he was about 191, in which case he'd be a midsized forward.

Interesting how ~4cm can change your thinking. For genuine KP height, he's quite good below his knees. When I thought he was undersized, I had him as decent but not outstanding below his knees, and considered him as third tall because he wouldn't be mid-capable at AFL level (even though he clearly is at NEAFL level).

Strange how things get set in your mind.
He's surprisingly mobile especially in comparison to Ballenden and Fullarton and seems a bit more forward in the football smarts department.

I'd be happy to have a look at him in the ones but would ideally prefer he be given a little more time

With the greatest respect [a term lawyers use when they mean exactly the opposite] if Fagan thinks Stef Martin did well v Essendon and Collingwood, then he is deluded. He was, in short, thrashed in both games. No amount of crap can cover this up. Saw it with my own eyes.

Maybe Fagan is employing some sort of reverse psychology thing, but just how this might work I'd have no idea.

A better approach, IMHO, would be to tell Stef to lift his game. Or else. But then again, the same warning might apply to numerous others ATM.

With the greatest respect [a term lawyers use when they mean exactly the opposite] if Fagan thinks Stef Martin did well v Essendon and Collingwood, then he is deluded. He was, in short, thrashed in both games. No amount of crap can cover this up. Saw it with my own eyes.

Maybe Fagan is employing some sort of reverse psychology thing, but just how this might work I'd have no idea.

A better approach, IMHO, would be to tell Stef to lift his game. Or else. But then again, the same warning might apply to numerous others ATM.
I would imagine that he almost certainly did give Stef more forthright feedback behind close doors (along with a few others). You need to be careful when talking about a players poor performance publicly, it may be that Fagan is just trying to publicly demonstrate his support for his player when the chips are down.

Stef is also probably acutely aware that he has been beaten pretty soundly in recent weeks as well.

I would imagine that he almost certainly did give Stef more forthright feedback behind close doors (along with a few others). You need to be careful when talking about a players poor performance publicly, it may be that Fagan is just trying to publicly demonstrate his support for his player when the chips are down.

Stef is also probably acutely aware that he has been beaten pretty soundly in recent weeks as well.
Stef has more than enough credits in the bank . He's soldiered on against big odds the last couple of years and consistently been one of our best . Plus he had an interrupted pre season

People are looking to throw out anybody if they would want to discard him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back