Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sunday April 28th 3.20PM @ UTAS - Team Post #1331

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea. Don’t see any in the side
Fair enough if you've got no idea.

C.Curnow
McKay
Casboult

J.SOS - 191cm, plays predominantly as a marking forward
M.McGovern - 191cm, plays predominantly as a marking forward

Remember, the great Brendan Fevola was also 191cm, and both JSOS and McGovern have been referred to as talls.

I've also stated in my previous post that I may be using the term KPF loosely to make a point, but you should still get it.

That’s 2019 in a nutshell for me Soap, and it’s a delicate balancing act for the Match Committee and coaching staff to strike. I think that whatever wins we can manage this year are vital, not just for sustaining morale and building confidence throughout the entire club and support base, but just as importantly for cutting the coaches some slack to concentrate on the development part of the equation.

Out of the extended squad that we’ve announced, tbh I can pretty much live with whatever permutation we go for with the final 22. The only thing I will say is that if Charlie comes back in, I’d like to see us trying him up the ground, playing mostly between the arcs, because I wouldn’t want his inclusion to interfere too much with the decent forward structures that we saw against the Dogs.

I’m really looking forward to this game, albeit a little nervously, because I think it will tell us a lot about how we’re maturing both as a playing group, and at the level of our coaches. Re the latter, I thought that what Chris Scott said on 360 about Clarko was interesting - that is, that you almost have to beat him several times within the one game, because if you get on top at any stage, Clarko won’t just sit on his hands and see how it plays out; instead he’ll change things enough to ensure that you have to answer a whole other set of questions. Bolts and co will need to be on their toes on Sunday, but I think they will be, and I definitely give us a real chance of winning this one. If we do, then with an imploding Norf on the radar next week, it might just get tempting to dig the old “They Know We’re Coming” t-shirts out of their mothballls ... even though I know that would be premature, because apart from Duck and Derm they don’t yet realise that we’re coming, but imo they will do within 12 months. Go Blues!
That’s exactly what Bolts said in his pre match interview about needing to change your game style multiple times while playing Hawks and Clarko.

Poison out is a good one. Showed nothing last week when pretty much the rest of the team was flying.

Charlie coming back in, bit concerned it's too soon because he's had an unfortunate run with injury so far this year. If he's right to go, then it's a good change.

DC's a bit of a sharpshooter. I reckon he needs to rack up games. Hope Bolts plays him predominantly forward with stints in the middle when he comes back.

Holds little weight to say 'both' when you overlook several of Arrow's posts saying move on and quote one poster as soon as they retort.

It wasn't overlooked

If these debates are done with passion and for the betterment of discussion, that's a good thing, playing the poster, entirely different

Horses for courses. If you have 5 tall forwards on a windy day and you kick high to one of them, the wind blows it over the head of the second and straight into the arms of the third. Makes perfect sense to me and confuses the crap out of the oppo.:drunk:

I thought we have a chance leading into this match.

But once again, we've lost this match at the selection table.

Is Robert Walls the one leading the charge for all these tall forwards to be selected in the same side? The same Robert Walls that said West Coast would win the wooden spoon last year!

People need to stop worrying about 4-5 tall forwards. Won't happen

If Charlie passes a fitness test (hint hint) the talls in McGovern McKay Casboult will rotate through different roles. Ruck, Wing & Bench along with forward. Jack will play mid or tag Sicily. He's NOT a KPF. He's better on the ground than in the air.

It's more about cohesion and balance than size

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Robert Walls the one leading the charge for all these tall forwards to be selected in the same side? The same Robert Walls that said West Coast would win the wooden spoon last year!

If we've already lost it, how much by?

I may be able to yet get the house on at the margins.

One change to a winning side and we are stuffed. WOW :oops:. Amazing how we all know better than the MC

Just like we did last week. :think:

If Charlie passes a fitness test (hint hint) the talls in McGovern McKay Casboult will rotate through different roles. Ruck, Wing & Bench along with forward. Jack will play mid or tag Sicily. He's NOT a KPF. He's better on the ground than in the air.

This would be absolutely fine and hopefully is the way things do go.

Surely it's understandable for posters to be skepticle when we've had the opportunity in the past to adjust our structures to team balance but haven't.

We really are crying out for a crumber, we have some sufficient defensive forwards but really do lack the creative attacker.

As much as I would love for that have been young Pickett, I think it would be murdering his already fleeting career to bring him back in and not have him play off a wing.

A lot of complaining about 4 talls but it isn’t really. Curnow adds to last weeks side. Polson was non existent. We could leave Curnow on the bench for the whole game and we’d be just as good as last week.

They’ve also brought Stratton and O’Brien in. So they’re pretty tall too.
Plus if there counting talls there’s 5 with JSOS not that it matters as Charlie and Jack can play anywhere.

They went down the path of four tall forwards against Gold Coast. Could happen again.

I know Casboult played a decent game last week, but the reality is he's been an inconsistent footballer for a decade. He's in the twilight of his career and is clearly not part of our plans for the next decade. He's a depth player for mine and should only play when injuries permit.

Better performing teams have pace across the ground. We're starting to look a little slow with this lineup.

Hope to see

B: Dale Thomas, Liam Jones, Caleb Marchbank
HB: Nic Newman, Jacob Weitering, Lachie Plowman

FOLL: Matthew Kreuzer, Sam Petrevski-Seton, Paddy Dow
C: Charlie Curnow, Patrick Cripps, Sam Walsh

HF: Zac Fisher, Levi Casboult, Ed Curnow
F: Marc Murphy, Harry McKay, Mitch McGovern

I/C: Kade Simpson, Jack Silvagni, Lochie O’Brien, Michael Gibbons

That's a very good looking side

Blues by 22 points

Looks nice on paper, tall isn't a problem is they're mobile, and most of ours seem that way. To date, it hasn't been shown to be successful but you have to innovate to stay ahead, maybe this will be how we reach the summit once again.

This would be absolutely fine and hopefully is the way things do go.

Surely it's understandable for posters to be skepticle when we've had the opportunity in the past to adjust our structures to team balance but haven't.

We really are crying out for a crumber, we have some sufficient defensive forwards but really do lack the creative attacker.

If you go straight for the negative and always believe you are right?

How about seeing the selections, analyse possible reasons why?

As for a crumber whats wrong with Murphy Fisher Gibbons Curnow etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back