Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sunday April 28th 3.20PM @ UTAS - Team Post #1331

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5?

McKay Casboult maybe Charlie. Would never call McGovern a KPF and who’s the other?

Mcgovern and Silvagni are both mediums. Neither could be accused of being a small forward. So unless Curnow or Silvagni plays outside the forward line we have 3 tall and two medium forwards.

Gibbons is going to be a busy boy.

Mcgovern and Silvagni are both mediums. Neither could be accused of being a small forward. So unless Curnow or Silvagni plays outside the forward line we have 3 tall and two medium forwards.

Gibbons is going to be a busy boy.

Mediums aren’t KPF. Murphy Fisher O’Brien Curnow Dow Gibbons SPS will all have stints up forward. Looks good to me

In a perfect world (where we had decent small forwards), going with one less tall forward would of course be a better option. But where the change is Polson for Charlie, I'm perfectly happy to go in with this line-up. Polson's 61% game-time and 2-tackles are hardly difficult to replace, and I'd assume this will force Levi to spend slightly more time on the bench (which is perfectly fine).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mediums aren’t KPF. Murphy Fisher O’Brien Curnow Dow Gibbons SPS will all have stints up forward. Looks good to me

Murphy Fisher O’Brien Curnow Dow Gibbons SPS are also vastly different types to McGovern and Silvagni.

That's why we have the popular term medium forward between KPF and smalls.

I will be interested to see how we actually set up. If the way we set up turns out to be McGovern, Silvagni, Curnow C, McKay and Casboult plus one unfortunate other, I would be very worried.

A small player goes out who a lot said nothing and Charlie comes in. ONE change and all of a sudden we are too tall?
We were borderline too tall last week. As others have said, if Charlie plays up the ground then I can live with that. But Gov, Harry, Cas, Charlie and Jack in the one forward line is TOO TALL

In a perfect world (where we had decent small forwards), going with one less tall forward would of course be a better option. But where the change is Polson for Charlie, I'm perfectly happy to go in with this line-up. Polson's 61% game-time and 2-tackles are hardly difficult to replace, and I'd assume this will force Levi to spend slightly more time on the bench (which is perfectly fine).

That's the rub. Midfield was very very good last week. Team as selected potentially disrupts that.

With a very young midfield we can not afford to change rucks off the bench. The young mids need the bench inches to stay in the game. THere are multiple other flow ons. Gibbons' performance when allowed mid minutes was a major plus. Can we afford to move him out of a valley of the giants front 6?

Like many, I like the thought of Curnow C as a roaming giant. Eventually. But I doubt if he has the footy nous to jump into that new Kouta role just yet. So if we try that one, the midfield is again disrupted.

All will become clear on the day, no doubt, for good or for bad.

The ol' 4 tall trick again.

I think after a functioning forward system last week, if we fail to do the same this week we can put the 4 tall thing to bed with a nightcap of bleach...

Obviously there are lots of variables that would make it harder to tell if that is the defining factor, but I would say past evidence suggests the onus is on the 4 tall trick to prove its worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back