Remove this Banner Ad

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Don't mind the Dogs, they'd be least hated Victorian club. They get orally pleasured by the umpires every week, but I don't mind them.

They've won 2 flags in 95 years. We've won 11 in 110 years.

Our record against them is 79 wins, 75 losses.

WTF is it with this mob?

Not just this era. I'm talking 60's and 70's during our golden run, we had a shocking record against Footscray.

Between '67 and '80 we won 5 flags. We finished 1st, 5th, 4th, 6th, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 4th, 7th, 4th, 7th, 8th, 3rd

Dogs finished, over that period, 12th, 10th, 11th, 7th, 8th, 7th, 9th, 5th, 7th, 5th, 7th, 11th, 9th, 10th

Our record against the Dogs ... 15 wins, 12 losses.

We. Are. Their. Bitches.

Our last 4 games against the dogs have yielded a free kick count of 49 for, 85 against.

2019: 11-17
2018: 10-20
2017: 13-25
2016: 15-23

Not just this era. I'm talking 60's and 70's during our golden run, we had a shocking record against Footscray.

Between '67 and '80 we won 5 flags. We finished 1st, 5th, 4th, 6th, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 4th, 7th, 4th, 7th, 8th, 3rd

Dogs finished, over that period, 12th, 10th, 11th, 7th, 8th, 7th, 9th, 5th, 7th, 5th, 7th, 11th, 9th, 10th

We. Are. Their. Bitches.
Finished the H&A seasons in both 73 and 74 with a loss to them too

Had an especially terrible record against them in the past 35 years; only time Richmond have managed to string a few wins against them was when they had terrible coaches like Rhode & McCartney.

Otherwise, just dire. Especially bad in the Eade era where Richmond won the first game (barely) and that was it for the six years of his tenure.

Haven't managed consecutive wins against Bulldogs sides in the respective reigns of Malthouse, Wheeler, Wallace, Ease & Beveridge.

If you don't mind me saying, I think Bevo has Dimma a bit worked out.
Your club has our club worked out, going back 50 years.

How's this stat. Dogs overall record v.'s St.Kilda (76 wins, 81 losses) is virtually identical to your record against Richmond (74 wins, 79 losses).

Don't mind the Dogs, they'd be least hated Victorian club. They get orally pleasured by the umpires every week, but I don't mind them.

WTF is it with this mob?
its cos we never play em at the G. once in 35 years lol

Your club has our club worked out, going back 50 years.

How's this stat. Dogs overall record v.'s St.Kilda (76 wins, 81 losses) is virtually identical to your record against Richmond (74 wins, 79 losses).

Yeah it doesn't make sense. If you got any theories I'd hear 'em but don't really see the point going back 50 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We. Are. Their. Bitches.
Good research , you would have thought with our eras of success that we had a commanding win loss lead , the narrow gap suggests they’ve historically troubled us and in more recent times have a style that does well to negate ours. I expect their season to be alive for some time

It’s funny how it goes. Was having a beer with my brother before the game last night, he is a Richmond fan and we were discussing this. He hates playing the dogs! Sadly my wife is a pies fan and the dogs have a deplorable record against them.

Mind you, a few years back neither of us thought we would ever see a premiership...

It’s funny how it goes. Was having a beer with my brother before the game last night, he is a Richmond fan and we were discussing this. He hates playing the dogs! Sadly my wife is a pies fan and the dogs have a deplorable record against them.

Mind you, a few years back neither of us thought we would ever see a premiership...
How did you end up a Dog while your bro is a Tiger?

I saw Simon Beasley kick 12 against us one day.

That, and Rd1 2006 would be my worst Richmond v Dog memories

I was at that game as well Round 1 1984 at the Western Oval, he kicked 11 and I remember we kicked 1.11 in the first half.

Richmond has a much better record against the Brisbane Lions than Geelong does since the merger in '97. Richmond 20 wins, 8 losses and a draw, Geelong 19 wins and 14 losses. Paradoxically Geelong's record over the Dogs is overwhelming in that time. Some sides must match up better than others, but the Lions one is a bit weird given Geelong's powerful win ratio of the last dozen years or so.

WTF is it with this mob?

We pity them?

How did you end up a Dog while your bro is a Tiger?
He came out from the UK in 88, me in 90. His in laws were all tigers so he was swayed that way. I have a really good friend who is a bulldog and they came 3rd in 92 and that got me on board. He spent years trying to get me on the Tigris bandwagon though- if they hadn’t been so crap in the early 90’s it might have worked.

I saw Simon Beasley kick 12 against us one day.

That, and Rd1 2006 would be my worst Richmond v Dog memories
Round 1 2006 with my bro and 10 year old nephew, nephew had the biggest dummy spit/tantrum of all time against the tigers. Hated Richmond, never wanted to go to the footy again and so on, went on for about 10 minutes. I was torn between feeling sorry for him and laughing with maniacal delight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back