Preview Collingwood v Richmond - Friday the 31st of March 7:50pm @ The MCG || Richmond Against the World

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on! Last year we were the highest scoring team. But opposition just waltzed the ball down the ground every week and scored at will against us. Our ability to defend opposition ball movement was abysmal. It was never going to win us a flag.

If we don’t improve the ‘all over ground’ defensive intent we will be also rans. There’s no point playing Cumberland if he kicks a few goals but he’s not willing/able to invest fully in team defence.

There is enough history to tell you that in modern footy the Premiership team is ALWAYS… I repeat …ALWAYS …excellent defensively.

If we end up the season 7-10th for points against and we are shown to be poor at defending ball movement we CANNOT win the flag. It’s like Brisbane of 2022 - great attack, leaky defence… gets them to a PF but in reality nowhere near a flag.

Dimma is not stupid. He know we cannot win the flag without improving A LOT defensively, and that’s what they are working towards.

Some flashy goals from Cumberland is great for the crowd and the scoreboard, but not great for our flag hopes if he does not defend as well as others.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agree we need the ist principle fundamentals of fitness, pressure, structure right and then add the flash on afterwards.

Pressure is more on the Pies than us. They have great form, belief, ex Tiger Coaches, the best part of our gameplan and their mini "Army" to cheer them on. Oh, and now the ump names are released, they have 4 extra players that even Eddie couldn't be happier with.. No Dusty, Hopper, Short and Broad (if only his name was Cripps or he was brownlow favorite). This is really "backs against the wall" / "Caged tiger" stuff for us. Kinda reminds me of a game against Port years ago which we had half a side and not a hope in the world of getting with 10 goals. Dimma's milestone game, so who knows what is in store. I HOPE we win to shut these March Premiers up for the rest of the year. I'll watch the game with interest, but I think we are missing too many.... We will belt them next time around when it counts.

Boy’s club made this a ticketed game a week ago.

I thought I would not need an upgrade but rang the club and had to upgrade.

AFL and Collingwood sneakily made this a ticketed game a week ago,

Even 3121 have to upgrade.

Boy’s Club bs.

Watch the pies forwards get soft frees while lynch and jack will have blokes hanging off them and get nothing.
If last night's other umpire pet is any indication. Then we're stuffed.
4 goals from frees.lol

George did couldn't kick nore handball but he lasted a long time. Cumbo kicks goals but he cant tackle i know who i prefer to be playing. Do you think all the goals cumbo kicked should not be rewarded? Balta was tried forward and was an abismal failure why is he still playing? ohh wait his back to his natural position.
A best he kicks 3
Vs
Opponent runs it out
Bet it's triple that.

I should elaborate. Posters whip themselves up into a frenzy over a player. And it's ******* stupid. We have seen this before. And That's my point on Post and McBean. Cumbo will ******* play when he has ticked the boxes required of him and form permits.
Quoting your own post,,,I love this 😀 ❤️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season 2 Omg GIF by BBC Three

Cumberland wouldn’t be the worst idea as sub.
If it’s wet at half time and Ryan is having no impact then bring in Cumberland at half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back