2nds Swans Reserves 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

The Swans website described Clarke's game as a 'dazzling performance'.

The really exciting thing with Rowbottom is not only does he look a very natural inside player but he is much faster than both Heeney and Mills.
Depending on his development he could become an incredibly effective inside out mid which we really havent had in the team since maybe Goodes?
As ling as Longmire doesnt wreck it.

Unfortunately, from what I can gather , Ling did not did not provide anything at all to get excited about. Played in the back pocket, only got 9 possessions and his opponent Keays kicked 4 goals on him.Our high draft picks are disappointing across the board at the moment:(

Unfortunately, from what I can gather , Ling did not did not provide anything at all to get excited about. Played in the back pocket, only got 9 possessions and his opponent Keays kicked 4 goals on him.Our high draft picks are disappointing across the board at the moment:(
Give him a chance , only 3 games after a year out , very harsh. He will prove you wrong.

Last edited:
AFL aligned clubs in the SANFL, WAFL and VFL retain players who have been delisted or were not selected in the draftsman. This helps improve the quality of those comps and provides individuals with the chance to show their wares for future drafts.

All of us recognise the NEAFL is a lesser quality comp. I have often wondered whether top up players who get a game with us or the other three northern AFL Clubs in the NEAFL are paid for their efforts.

Are there NEAFL or AFL rules that preclude employment of unlisted players in our Ressies team?

I see the employment of one or two former club stalwarts (like KJ), maybe a couple of promising kids who missed on the draft and two or three former AFL listed players as a means of strengthening our team and the development of young blokes on our list.

AFL aligned clubs in the SANFL, WAFL and VFL retain players who have been delisted or were not selected in the draftsman. This helps improve the quality of those comps and provides individuals with the chance to show their wares for future drafts.

All of us recognise the NEAFL is a lesser quality comp. I have often wondered whether top up players who get a game with us or the other three northern AFL Clubs in the NEAFL are paid for their efforts.

Are there NEAFL or AFL rules that preclude employment of unlisted players in our Ressies team?

I see the employment of one or two former club stalwarts (like KJ), maybe a couple of promising kids who missed on the draft and two or three former AFL listed players as a means of strengthening our team and the development of young blokes on our list.
Young academy 17 to 19 year olds do it for experience. No payment at all.
I guess it is lart of their apprenticeships!
Fair enough too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I’ve been thinking the same Bloodied52
Several times I have thought that COR went from being an L plater to an old head among the the kids before he’d had the chance to fully blossom himself. Accepting responsibility is admirable but he’s not living half a world away from family and friends to lead a neafl team to glory.
Having said that... a bloke like James Bell seems to have become a better player in recent weeks thru leading by example.

A couple of playing assistant coaches reassuring COR and pushing Belly might be better value than another Uni graduate preaching the theory of the bouncing Sherrin

The Swans website described Clarke's game as a 'dazzling performance'.
Well I can recall people on here getting so worked up when Mitchell was getting plenty possies in the twos & not a senior game.
He couphed it up plenty too in the early days but improved dramatically.

47 possessions is an extremely fair effort from any footballer so credit where it's due I guess. Hence a "dazzling performance".

Recently we have used top ups from other Clubs.
We’ve done that because the Academy boys we would usually utilise have been tied up with the NAB League games. Those games finished last weekend so as of now we have an extra 20 or so boys available and itching for a chance to play Ressies (with the exception of the handful of boys who will get called up to the Allies squad to be announced shortly).

We’ve done that because the Academy boys we would usually utilise have been tied up with the NAB League games. Those games finished last weekend so as of now we have an extra 20 or so boys available and itching for a chance to play Ressies (with the exception of the handful of boys who will get called up to the Allies squad to be announced shortly).

Fair enough. I wish our kids could play a complete Tac season.

Well I can recall people on here getting so worked up when Mitchell was getting plenty possies in the twos & not a senior game.
He couphed it up plenty too in the early days but improved dramatically.

47 possessions is an extremely fair effort from any footballer so credit where it's due I guess. Hence a "dazzling performance".

He got 3 possessions for every passage of play he was involved in because he’d just be mopping up his own turnovers.

Wasn’t damaging in the slightest.

SYDNEY
B: 52. J Pawle 47. T Pink 33. R Stoddart
HB: 51. R Barkley 31. H Reynolds 53. K McKellar
C: 32. J Bell 8. J Rowbottom 25. B Ronke
HF: 4. R Clarke 45. S Wicks 16. Z Foot
F: 19. M Ling 46. J Amartey 2. D Menzel
R: 17. D Cameron 27. J McInerney 1. J Rose
Int: 56. N Brewer 55. S Gaden 49. C Kilpatrick 54. L Swaney
Emg: 57. J Dol 48. K Martin
In: 56. N Brewer 2. D Menzel 55. S Gaden 54. L Swaney 31. H Reynolds
Out: 38. C O’Riordan (AFL) 48. N Coxall 54. I Olsen 55. T Drum 50. K Veerhuis 59. M Belbasis (all omitted)
New: 2. D Menzel
SYDNEY UNI
B: 28. D Baron-Hay 24. T Barton 15. M Carroll
HB: 23. L Kilpatrick 3. A Gulden 26. W Sierakowski
C: 7. J Bartholomaeus 21. L Stevenson 1. J Hiscox
HF: 32. E Cole 10. S Fong 35. T Redden
F: 16. H Morrison 19. T Davies 17. J Stern
R: 22. S Tagliabue 5. B Stewart 9. J Veale
Int: 6. S Barkley 29. D Cordell 36. A Sierakowski 14. M Krochmal 31. L Robertson*
Emg: N/A.
In: 22. S Tagliabue 26. W Sierakowski 28. D Baron-Hay
Out: 25. L Hayres (injured) 18. J Dimery (omitted) 4. A Lucy (omitted)
*Denotes 23rd player

Agree with Punts, loved Pink's work this year in the NEAFL.

Hope he, Rowbottom and Bell in particular smash it. And Ronke rediscovers some touch.

Good luck to Menzel in his first hit-out in red and white!

Yep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back