Bluemour Discussion Thread XVI - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

please don't feel bullied, percy - feel the love.........
It's interesting, all throughout trade period mods and posters alike are quick to shut down criticism of a rumour or it's validity, regardless of how questionable, and are at odds to point out this is a rumour, not fact, thread.

It was not even an outlandish or overly critical rumour, and that's excluding allowance for some exaggerations down the line. It's just an extension of a previous rumour.

I wouldn't have thought because information is not overly positive, it becomes open slather to make endless snide remarks with numerous 'likes'. There seems to be a mob mentality that justifies it because 'this person did actually deserve it'.

I'd suggest all forms of bullying has a strong element of belief that the person did actually deserve what came their way. It's also not up to another to tell somehow how they should be made to feel. In any case, this is nothing more than just an observation.
Are you a stand up comic?
Not very good jokes I'm afraid.
Keep working on it......
Up there with the worst first posts I've seen.
Think it's fair to suggest we can call you out for posting ********, and put your "inside info" in the bin where it belongs.
but he had it on good authority............
The letters U, S & C come to mind.
Yes. The arse end. Where all the **** comes from.
Leave it out with this crap.
Your name is denigrating a legend by the way.
I doubt that!
So which is it. You have it on good authority or your instinct & understanding!
My first reaction is to laugh it off as a clear troll.
100% A Grade BS.
Yeah we know, we get it, connections blah blah, but like all these so called rumours, you and them will disappear, like always
Here is my thought, I know your suggestion is rubbish.

LOB has looked out of place at times this year but I'm still confident he will be a great footballer. He's playing in the bottom team and in a defensive winger position. Not an easy job for a second year player built lightly. I see him developing into a Tom Phillips type player which is exactly what we need more of. I like Richards but his ceiling is lower than LOBs. Can't see him improving a great deal more than he currently is. Much more time required.

Its weird.

Despite the plethora of second year players we've had of late, and the general observed pheonomena of 'second year blues' we're literally the first side to start to demand we trade a recently drafted player in his second year experiencing this phenomena for 'a second round draft pick, presuming we can get that.'

People would have had us trade Weitering and SPS last year, and they're among our best players this year.

Dow and Obriens turns now it seems.

If Walsh doesnt back up this year in 2020, people will be discussing shipping him off to the Hawks for a third.

Growth isnt linear. It takes most players around 3-4 full seasons in the comp to start to really find your feet (give or take a season).

It's interesting, all throughout trade period mods and posters alike are quick to shut down criticism of a rumour or it's validity, regardless of how questionable, and are at odds to point out this is a rumour, not fact, thread.

It was not even an outlandish or overly critical rumour, and that's excluding allowance for some exaggerations down the line. It's just an extension of a previous rumour.

I wouldn't have thought because information is not overly positive, it becomes open slather to make endless snide remarks with numerous 'likes'. There seems to be a mob mentality that justifies it because 'this person did actually deserve it'.

I'd suggest all forms of bullying has a strong element of belief that the person did actually deserve what came their way. It's also not up to another to tell somehow how they should be made to feel. In any case, this is nothing more than just an observation.
Well said, this place seems to relish a dogpile.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its weird.

Despite the plethora of second year players we've had of late, and the general observed pheonomena of 'second year blues' we're literally the first side to start to demand we trade a recently drafted player in his second year experiencing this phenomena for 'a second round draft pick, presuming we can get that.'

People would have had us trade Weitering and SPS last year, and they're among our best players this year.

Dow and Obriens turns now it seems.

If Walsh doesnt back up this year in 2020, people will be discussing shipping him off to the Hawks for a third.

Growth isnt linear. It takes most players around 3-4 full seasons in the comp to start to really find your feet (give or take a season).
I have every confidence in Dow. Looks a footballer. Play #2 inside mid in a young team, at 19 years. He'll be a beauty.

LOB isn't striking me as a footballer. Looks weak and overly fumbly. Is anyone advocating for him to be traded though? I don't think we'd get much

I have every confidence in Dow. Looks a footballer. Play #2 inside mid in a young team, at 19 years. He'll be a beauty.

LOB isn't striking me as a footballer. Looks weak and overly fumbly. Is anyone advocating for him to be traded though? I don't think we'd get much
What are you looking for in a footballer? LOB has the skills and can run just lacking some physicality. As he bulks up he will become more confident. Need some patience.

Nah
Bull is bull
Rumours are rumours
Spot the difference

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said!

I think it'll come. The limited game time he's had this season has involved more of a role, running with Hunter, etc.

We know he's got wheels and despite being 70kg wringing wet he still puts himself into contests where he knows he'll get slammed, then promptly springs back to his feet and continues.

Despite his overall disposal numbers being down, which is probably mainly due to him having a defensive role this year, his disposal efficiency is up from 71% to 79% which is 5th at the club. I think most can recognise the ceiling of his kicking potential is bloody high.

Interestingly he's also down a bit for TOG compared to last year, dropping from 77% to 70% which may be due to that slightly interrupted preseason? Or that he's working harder when on the ground as he's minding someone. 7% doesn't seem like much but when you compare it to the change our other young mids had in their 2nd season. Taking out significant outliers (injuries early in game? around 50% TOG or less, means 1st year sample size of 1 for a couple of players) we've got Dow +2%, SPS +2%, Cuningham +3%, Kennedy +4%, Setterfield +6%, Cripps +7%, Fisher +9%. That means O'Brien's -7% is effectively a 9-16% swing compared to his peers. That's significant.

He's definitely having a bit of '2nd year blues' for a variety of reasons, but at the same time with 23 of a possible 30 games to his belt he's probably further ahead than the club planned in terms of senior experience. Give him time then perhaps let's revisit this in 12 and 24 months. I reckon he makes it, he's just needs more time.

Dow looks very much like a player. Sure he can butcher it by foot, but how many clearance midfielders are A grade kicks?

Dangerfield? No.
Cripps? No.
Kennedy? No.
Selwood? No.
Sloane? No.
Oliver? No.

Judd? No, and at his peak he was in the discussion for top 3 players all time.

So long as he cleans it up enough to where he's not a bad kick he'll be fine. His pre-draft comparison was Dangerfield, and I see a lot of similarities in how they kick at full speed running out of a pack. Most of the time Dangerfield kicks it to a point where it's at least 50-50 and not a turnover. That's all Dow needs to learn to do.

Dow looks very much like a player. Sure he can butcher it by foot, but how many clearance midfielders are A grade kicks?

Dangerfield? No.
Cripps? No.
Kennedy? No.
Selwood? No.
Sloane? No.
Oliver? No.

Judd? No, and at his peak he was in the discussion for top 3 players all time.

So long as he cleans it up enough to where he's not a bad kick he'll be fine. His pre-draft comparison was Dangerfield, and I see a lot of similarities in how they kick at full speed running out of a pack. Most of the time Dangerfield kicks it to a point where it's at least 50-50 and not a turnover. That's all Dow needs to learn to do.
This is very accurate. One could add loads of names and the truth is that in the hurly burly of a football match very few on ballers get the time for superb finesse.

Kicking accurately, is not superb finesse. I don’t expect pin point accuracy nor lace out execution every kick.
However all on ballers and footballers should be able kick a footy reasonably.
Some of the kicking skills accepted by all coaches are deplorable there’s no excuse, it’s just poor player selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back