FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

WY8ML1t.png

"...cutthroats. That’s how all the great houses started, isn’t it? With a hard b*****d who was good at killing people. Kill a few hundred people, they make you a lord. Kill a few thousand, they make you king."

The foundations have been laid, Bronn for the throne!!

Bran to warg into Drogon and somehow be unable to go back.

Going from the least abled character in the show to living the rest of his days as the most powerful would be an insanely good way to end his story arc.

fly.jpg

Have to wait and see how GRRM handles the conclusion before making that call surely? The fact that he seems unable to even progress the story let alone finish it should tell you how difficult it is, and he created the thing.
Why would he need to finish it now? He's old and rich. I wish he would finish it though. It's been pretty obvious the quality dropping off the further we get from the written content. It may end exactly the same, but the way it's reached it's climax has been very rushed and sloppy. Its good for the casual TV types that don't really think about the writing much though for sure.

"...cutthroats. That’s how all the great houses started, isn’t it? With a hard b*****d who was good at killing people. Kill a few hundred people, they make you a lord. Kill a few thousand, they make you king."

The foundations have been laid, Bronn for the throne!!
If he actually gets a bigass castle at the end because of his scene with Tyrion he should have just threatened Robert with a crossbow for one years before the show began.

Why would he need to finish it now? He's old and rich. I wish he would finish it though. It's been pretty obvious the quality dropping off the further we get from the written content. It may end exactly the same, but the way it's reached it's climax has been very rushed and sloppy. Its good for the casual TV types that don't really think about the writing much though for sure. *strokes neckbeard*

EFA ;)

Thinking about other seasons this one has been a massive let down.

Some episodes have been ok but just doesn’t feel like Game of Thrones. Have a think about how epic seasons 3-7 were and the amazing tension and hype they built up.

The white walkers, Cersei, all to just come crashing down to some theatric performances with meh plot lines.

We’ve spent years being invested in such strong character development, built of tension and amazing twists and then now just been shat all over this season with great cinematography but rubbish plot and winding up of such intense build ups of character arcs.

I’ve been reading up on the lame-arse sounding theory that Bran/3ER is in fact the main villain of GoT, and while I don’t think it’s true, and I don’t think he’ll end up on the Iron Throne either... the 3ER being a villain would make for the most satisfying ending I could imagine now if they did it right.

It would go some of the way to explaining why Bran/3ER pushed Sam to tell Jon about his lineage (remember Bran/3ER can supposedly see the future, and so far this knowledge has only really brought about the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people in KL... thanks Bran) and he did absolutely nothing but warg around pointlessly during 0803.

Deviating a bit here, anyone here anticipating the release of "Wheel of time" production starts later this year.

Just started the novels.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is this true, do you have a link to an article, so I can take a look.

If true, I can't wait, the first 6 or 7 novels were 2nd only to ASOIAF novels for mine.

Rapt, if I now have a new show to look forward to.

Seen too many The Wheel of Time fans express their displeasure at how apparently detoured and slow it becomes over the 14 books. Not reading all that for a 3 and a half stars feeling by the end.

Near the end of book 2 in Malazan Book of the Fallen. It's very dense which slows the reading down but chipping away until I read all 10. People say this is the greatest fantasy work ever. Very large in scope and scale that's for sure.

The Stormlight Archive sounds very good, but nowhere near finished so no rush.

Broken Earth trilogy sounds like it blew everyone away (critical darling) and is a new benchmark for whatever's going on in it. Should get around to it.

A Song of Ice and Fire... I could finally start reading this next week. But the bookreaders are melty about it not being finished. So I'll wait until it's finished. Which sounds like it will be never.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seen too many The Wheel of Time fans express their displeasure at how apparently detoured and slow it becomes over the 14 books. Not reading all that for a 3 and a half stars feeling by the end.
I think a lot of those reactions were very heavily coloured by the release dates and Robert Jordan's declining health. I somewhat doubt the meandering will be as frustrating doing a straight read-through as it was with the possibility of it never being finished hanging over it.

I think a lot of those reactions were very heavily coloured by the release dates and Robert Jordan's declining health. I somewhat doubt the meandering will be as frustrating doing a straight read-through as it was with the possibility of it never being finished hanging over it.
The last couple of books he wrote before his death were pretty dire. An awful lot of threads & storylines, none of which were going anywhere fast (or slow for that matter).

Why would he need to finish it now? He's old and rich. I wish he would finish it though.

His age and willingness to do other stuff makes it sound like he's not too interested in finishing it. But he won't say it out loud because existing book sales will be done forever.

If you're Martin, why would you need to finish it? Everyone knows how it ends now. Why would you keep writing. Just live well and then let someone else finish it when you're dead so you don't have to live to cop the backlash you're surely gonna get.

Missed the troll chief it was subtle. I'll be trimming now i know ur lurking.
7 thru 10 were a hard slog but it did get finished well. The wheel of time will be an audio book revisit a few years down the track.

I wish we could just start talking about it since we all already know what happens.

I'll just go to reddit for now. Keep it fair.

I just read the leak, or at least I’m assuming it’s the leak... because aspects of it don’t make logical sense to me. I guess all will be revealed soon enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back