Best LGBGTIQA band or artist of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

R Chee Manning

Marlo Snellman
Apr 27, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
When Marc Almond was awarded his OBE last year it was a true testament to how loved and adored he is.

One of the world's greatest LGBTIQA performers ever...

Personally, George Michael. Maybe wasn't publicly homosexual for much of his heyday, but I've been a big fan since my early teens, and my next favourite LGBTIQ* performer I couldn't exactly say, would be a long way behind.

Darren Hayes/Savage Garden, Janelle Monae and Anna Calvi are probably next, artists I've loved since day 1 who eventually publicly embraced being queer.

As a teen I enjoyed Placebo. Was interesting having a band with a glam bi singer, a gay bassist and a straight drummer (Hewitt).

Last edited:

Elton John was the first name that sprung to mind. Shocked it took until the seventh post of the thread for his name to be raised.

Some people were surprised when Rob Halford came out. * knows why.

maxresdefault.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arthur Russell was the first person to come to mind for me. Funnily enough, probably my favourite album by him was dropped to minimal fanfare last year. A live performance from 1979 of an album he would go on to release as Dinosaur L

Dreamcrusher and Dicks are 2 others that come to mind.

Sean Reinert as well.
Of Cynic who played on Death - Human as well?

Didn't know that. But I actually missed his death as well. Saw Cynic live some time ago, but that was probably 10+ years ago already...

@overall topic: I go with Halford as well.

Of Cynic who played on Death - Human as well?

Didn't know that. But I actually missed his death as well. Saw Cynic live some time ago, but that was probably 10+ years ago already...

@overall topic: I go with Halford as well.
Yep, him and Paul Masvidal both came out at the same time, was not widely broadcast though.

Probably because his music is overrated dross.

30 or so studio albums with large commercial success is going to be a couple of double albums at least of the pop/generic single track of all the albums.

I wonder how artists feel, aside from the cash, from the story of the albums all disjointed and smashed together like that.

George Michael is one of the great voices of the era, as is Freddy Mercury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back