• Gold Coast by 1-39

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Gold Coast by 40+

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been playing in the midfield. Last week he had a mere 18 disposals doing so. Fair enough if he's knocking down the door with some big numbers but he isn't. He still does not put his body on the line either.

Now compare that to Constable who has been dropped this year after having a good game ... much better than what old shadow jumper does at VFL level.
I have no idea why they keep dropping constable.
18 possession is ok. It's VFL.

Why don't we see how he goes before potting him?
It's not this will define the result.

I have no idea why they keep dropping constable.
18 possession is ok. It's VFL.

Why don't we see how he goes before potting him?
It's not this will define the result.
I can tell you how it'll go. He'll have between 10-12 disposals and avoid physical contact all day.

Good enough. Keep performing and he will stay in. Drop off and Sav Rat will return. Pretty simple for him.

Thanks for the reply. I saw Fort play a couple of SANFL games live and was impressed with him.

I've got absolutely no idea who Sav Rat is!!

Cheers

Thanks for the reply. I saw Fort play a couple of SANFL games live and was impressed with him.

I've got absolutely no idea who Sav Rat is!!

Cheers
Esava Ratugolea
9b5aa8aecf00cc840d6c64296d854317

Rewarding form from the VFL is fine. It's one game and if Parsons plays poorly he is straight out for PFD and/or even Fogarty who will be close after another week in the VFL. More staggered by Clark staying in tbh. He is the 8th defender in the side so is being played out of position and playing poorly as a consequence. I think Constable would look at his treatment v Clark and be more aggrieved at that than losing his place to Parsons. In saying that Constable doesn't have a lot of complaints about being dropped based on last week either.

What should have been a big win now becomes a test. We're playing with 20 players so it's going to be a big ask.

Not sure if serious

The kid is in his second season at the club and only made his debut this season - for what valid reason would he want out of the club?

And if the argument is because he was omitted after a poor game, so he goes & cracks the shits or has a sook - then let him find a new club.

I'd rather a player whose response to being omitted is to talk to the coaches, ask what he needs to improve in his game, and when he fronts up in the VFL he puts his head down & shows the coaches why he shouldn't have been dropped.
obviously exaggerating, but still its frustrating that are they dropping him, would rather him make some mistakes at AFL level against a team like the suns than just do his usual 30 touches he gets in the vfl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m about the only geelong supporter it seems that hasn’t given up on parsons. Glad to see him fight his way back. Still think might see Chook back in for Gaz

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Count me in on that one. There's something about Parsons that I like - I think quick/clean hands and creative with the ball. Needs to actually get his hands on it more than he has in the past though, but now that we have more small forward options, hopefully he can play further up the field than he usually has in the seniors and see a bit more of the ball.

already preparing to lose chook this offseason, clearly scott doesn't like him, rather them give him a chance again this week than play a guy in parsons who clearly isnt up to AFL standard. Hope to god im wrong.

Bolded seems a stretch.

Constable is a second year player who is still on the fringes of the best 22. Like many young players his form has blown hot and cold. It's been cold over the last fortnight. Parsons is also a fringe player whose VFL form has apparently been good. So it's not odd that Parsons takes his place. We want competition for spots--it's part of a winning culture.

I'm sure the club has made it clear to Constable what he needs to improve to become a regular player.

Bolded seems a stretch.

Constable is a second year player who is still on the fringes of the best 22. Like many young players his form has blown hot and cold. It's been cold over the last fortnight. Parsons is also a fringe player whose VFL form has apparently been good. So it's not odd that Parsons takes his place. We want competition for spots--it's part of a winning culture.

I'm sure the club has made it clear to Constable what he needs to improve to become a regular player.
was defs over exaggerating, more frustration that parsons is back in

already preparing to lose chook this offseason, clearly scott doesn't like him, rather them give him a chance again this week than play a guy in parsons who clearly isnt up to AFL standard. Hope to god im wrong.
It might appear that clear if you wear blinkers, super dark glasses and fixate on one issue. I do not agree with dropping Chook and did not agree dropping him earlier either. The MC have reasons and from what has been mentioned here they want him to improve his outside skills, get his pace up and build his tank. I still don't agree with dropping him, certainly not on form. Claiming there is some personality disorder or issue with the coach says more about your own views than 'clearing' the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back