• Gold Coast by 1-39

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Gold Coast by 40+

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Internet forums really are the most incredible documents of the human condition.

At 8-1, we still have white-hot anger about marginal selection decisions. And feigned incredulity at Parso's inclusion, despite the fact he has been consistently in the bests in the twos thus far in 2019. And week after week has appeared on the emergency list for the ones (which must suggest he's been close to a promotion). Surely it's then hardly surprising that he gets a run. Particularly if 7-game players in just their second year can't be considered 'locks' for senior footy.

So it's absolutely understandable for posters to say they don't agree with the decision. But to suggest that it's some sort of obscene travesty is well beyond the objective facts under consideration in my view.

Last edited:
Do I get to dig out all the games Guthrie performed worse than that and not dropped? While being a senior player with a tone more games under his belt?

Guthrie never gets dropped, they just move or hide him in other parts of the ground when he spuds it up so bad in the midfield.

Menegola got this treatment too when he started, played one average game, dropped. Even after a string of good ones. Constable's year for a 7 game player has been as good as any. No other team would drop him.
Oh my God would you shut up about Cam Guthrie for twenty seconds please

Internet forums really are the most incredible documents of the human condition.

At 8-1, we still have white-hot anger about marginal selection decisions. And feigned incredulity at Parso's inclusion, despite the fact he has been consistently in the bests in the twos thus far in 2019. And week after week has appeared on the emergency list for the ones. Surely it's hardly surprising that he gets a run. Particularly if 7-game players in just their second year aren't considered 'locks' for senior footy.

So it's absolutely understandable for posters to say they don't agree with the decision. But to suggest that it's some sort of obscene travesty is well beyond the objective facts under consideration in my view.
We are pretty thin on the ground for escape goats seeing how we hardly lose any more. I reckon Parsons will do. I've been trying to knock Gryan Meirs, but unfortunately he has been playing really well.
https://www.draftguru.com.au/players/gryan_miers/1

BS aside, is there anyone here who follows the VFL closely enough to know if Parsons has been dominating there or not?

BS aside, is there anyone here who follows the VFL closely enough to know if Parsons has been dominating there or not?

I would suggest the coaches at the club keep a fair eye on it all.

But I entirely understand that will carry no weight with you whatsoever.

Do I get to dig out all the games Guthrie performed worse than that and not dropped? While being a senior player with a tone more games under his belt?

Guthrie never gets dropped, they just move or hide him in other parts of the ground when he spuds it up so bad in the midfield.

Menegola got this treatment too when he started, played one average game, dropped. Even after a string of good ones. Constable's year for a 7 game player has been as good as any. No other team would drop him.

WTF - when did that ever happen?

He played his debut game for the club in Round 18, 2016 and followed that to by playing all remaining games that season - so 8 games in total.

He then played 22 games in 2017 (Round 3 was his first game for the season, and Round 5 the only other game he missed that year), while in 2018 he played 23 games (every game in our season)

Can you please explain what or how Menegola is relevant to Constable being asked to go back to the VFL and work on different aspects of his game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guthrie also had 11 touches last week, and played a lot more time in the middle - as a 150 game player. Doesn't really get much worse than that. Someone else should have beaten me to it!

Also had 7 tackles (a team high) and a goal, but let's just write that off shall we? Was criticized for his lack of effort, so has played a more hardened style with less focus on his own game, and more on the team. Had to force his way into the side and has gotten back to his best. Is used as a 'run with' player, so he had the job on Bont last week - hence the low disposal count. Bont had a couple of good goals at a vital time, but didn't do much else.

Check your bias, it's not contributing anything

Oh my God would you shut up about Cam Guthrie for twenty seconds please

He simply can’t. Obsessions and all that.
So much so that he must have missed the memo on Constable.

When he was first dropped and got 30 touches VFL coach O’Bree gave a somewhat indifferent opinion on his game. Stated outright he was sent back to work on spread.

Comes back in as a late inclusion and is subsequently in and out of the side since. Clearly he hasn’t sufficiently addressed what they asked of him, and I’m glad they’ve sent him back to develop. He was s**t last weekend.

...Run...with...roles.

Constable gets a lot of cheap possessions in the back half, I've noticed. Exactly what Guthrie used to be criticized for. Guthrie's main increase has been his increase in tackles, which is evident. He's playing a team role right now, instead of for himself.

He's been brilliant since he forced his way in. You can't accept this, because you have too much of a bias to accept that what you think is fact, is just opinion based on inherent bias.

already preparing to lose chook this offseason, clearly scott doesn't like him, rather them give him a chance again this week than play a guy in parsons who clearly isnt up to AFL standard. Hope to god im wrong.

Signed an extension to the end of 2021. Yep, clearly not in our plans going forward.

Wasn't picked at the start of 2017 after an average pre-season (from memory). Shouldn't have happened...

Was dropped after round 7 in 2017, but came in due to a late out I believe.
What a stretch - he missed the first 2 games of 2017, a period/time when he wasn't actually a lock in our best 22, he then got suspended for a match (so those are the only 3 matches he had missed for the club since good debut until the injury issues this season).

If a player is asked to spend time in the VFL to work on aspects of their game, how is that actually a bad thing?

Atkins for danger (inj.) , Stanley for Abbott, Parsons for constable . I don’t mind it. Parsons a bit more speedy than constable ,so it’s suitable for this game as suns are speedy around the middle. Parsons gets his chance- must win some ball and not run around the periphery . Good luck.

He's been brilliant since he forced his way in. You can't accept this, because you have too much of a bias to accept that what you think is fact, is just opinion based on inherent bias.

Brilliant? Explain how so please.

He gets beaten statistically every week by his run-with opponents, comfortably. Doesn't hurt opposition, look at his pathetic metres gained. Even though we're 8-1, we've lost the midfield for substantial periods of many games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back