Game Day Geelong v St Kilda Sat Aug 19 725pm @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight we play the Saints under the roof of Superhero Stadium, so let's see who's going to be wearing their cape for us tonight and resurrect our season from its current on life support status

Tonight we also celebrate a couple of milestones - 50 games for Max Holmes and 150 games in the Hoops for Zach Touhy

Bring on the challenge and let's see Scratcher Neale announce himself to the wider AFL public

Tonight we play the Saints under the roof of Superhero Stadium, so let's see who's going to be wearing their cape for us tonight and resurrect our season from its current on life support status

Tonight we also celebrate a couple of milestones - 50 games for Max Holmes and 150 games in the Hoops for Zach Touhy

Bring on the challenge and let's see Scratcher Neale announce himself to the wider AFL public

I love Maxy but this is a deliciously appropriate picture for his 2023 season: he's been reading his own press.

Expect him to collect 30 disposals and 3 Brownlow votes today, now (I'll try anything).

For no particular reason, I feel toward this game the same way I did toward the Essendon match, which I thought we'd just get over the line.

Sure, it was at home, though I really don't think that's a huge deal different ... in my opinion.

I tipped the Cats to have the highest winning margin this week. (And I'm sick of tipping whoever is playing WCE to achieve it, gotta try win this tipping comp!)

Neale is going to have to play the game of his life I reckon, if Marshall gives them regular first use and then becomes a threat on transition as basically an extra midfielder we are in serious trouble.

Sinclair,Hill and NWM can really carve us up if the ball is extracted to them time and time again in space.

Neale is going to have to play the game of his life I reckon, if Marshall gives them regular first use and then becomes a threat on transition as basically an extra midfielder we are in serious trouble.

Sinclair,Hill and NWM can really carve us up if the ball is extracted to them time and time again in space.

Do you consider offering up what Geelong players could do to them or are we just focused on the negative?

dazbroncos - I've now completed my game day duties 😁

The fun of non-AFL family members organising weddings between the months of March & end September...

Good luck to the team tonight - hopefully it'll be a great day all round and the sneaky score checks on my watch will make for happy reading

dazbroncos - I've now completed my game day duties 😁

The fun of non-AFL family members organising weddings between the months of March & end September...

Good luck to the team tonight - hopefully it'll be a great day all round and the sneaky score checks on my watch will make for happy reading
Enjoy the wedding. Some people have no idea when it comes to events planning. :rolleyes:;):)

*I'm sure everyone will behave while you are away.

Enjoy the wedding. Some people have no idea when it comes to events planning. :rolleyes:;):)

*I'm sure everyone will behave while you are away.

Exactly, but what can you expect when it's the Qld cousins who just don't understand the importance of AFL ;)

It was similar last year when his younger brother's wedding was in June and I kept watch of our score against WCE on the watch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ainters are still 6th???? If you’re below them on the table say hello to less than bog average….
Even the bookies don’t rate the ainters against 11th placed cats. Park the bus Ross is still having a year of exploration and Scott will peak when the season is over? These coaches get lucky don’t they?

They haven't done Close any favours on that illustration, have they?

I really hope he can get back to his link-up and pressure best - like the Melbourne game. He needs to get involved more because when he does, good things happen.
Surely Close should have been Tuohy instead - especially as it's a milestone match for him also

And instead of Henry it should have been Bruhn who has his milestone next week

Exactly, but what can you expect when it's the Qld cousins who just don't understand the importance of AFL ;)

It was similar last year when his younger brother's wedding was in June and I kept watch of our score against WCE on the watch

The temerity! TG for progress- back in the day it was a transistor radio and ear piece up the back of the Church.

Yeah, absolutely crazy scenes to think we're a good chance against St Kilda.
You can think we are a good chance without constantly dismissing the opposition, at least the club wont attack this game as arrogantly as most of our fan base, if they do we'll get belted.

Getting real tired of smart arse replies on here any time someone dares to offer a difference of opinion aswell, no wonder the core members never post anymore, always one w***er sitting behind his keyboard ready to pounce.

You can think we are a good chance without constantly dismissing the opposition, at least the club wont attack this game as arrogantly as most of our fan base, if they do we'll get belted.
I've hardly done that. I think we're about a 60% chance of winning today. You clearly think that's ridiculous but it's not dismissing the opposition at all. It's a completely fair appraisal.

It's a prediction, it has nothing to do with arrogance. We as supporters are not involved in the match psychology preparation. How does this need explaining week after week?

Getting real tired of smart arse replies on here any time someone dares to offer a difference of opinion aswell, no wonder the core members never post anymore, always one w***er sitting behind his keyboard ready to pounce.

After reading the first 2 pages of the StK game day thread, I could comfortably say we're not nearly as arrogant.

Now, their thread is not cocky or in anyway inappropriate, but they appear to be far more confident than the trending on this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back