Preview Geelong V Essendon - The Scott Cup - Sat 15th July 725pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

FYI for those going on Saturday night

Park & Ride​

Park & Ride is available this weekend Round 18 game. Patrons can park and ride the bus to our stadium from two locations via Cotton On Head Office - Corner of Separation St & Shepards Crt, North Geelong (enter via Separation St) or Geelong Race Course – Corner of Breakwater Rd & Fowler St, Breakwater (enter via Breakwater Road)

Pre Game: Buses will depart approximately every 15 minutes from 5:00pm, last bus to depart will be 7:00pm

Post Game: Buses will depart approximately every 15 minutes from 10:00pm until 11:30pm, the bus will depart at the location you are dropped off in Park Crescent.

Is this the first time they've bussed supporters in, has anyone done it?
I'm interested to see if they can include people with a disability as a possible solution, although we need our car there for personal reasons.
I've complained to the Club again today about cars with no disability permit hogging the spaces at KP. At the same time the striped parking barrier (on the swimming pool fence side where the disability car park is ) is kept closed so that wheelchair entry is impeded. Must squeeze through a small gate beside it and over rocky ground, and many Cats supporters stop to assist. Been going on for years-hand passed between Club and Council and I'm considering taking a discrimination complaint higher. I need supporters to back the protest. If you are walking past that area into the ground this week, just check out the selfish car owners in a clearly marked special zone- who ruin it for others.

Is Blitz still in doubt?
I don’t know 100% but I think he was just sore and has been for a number of weeks. Playing less than 3 qtrs last week hopefully helped and he will be ok to play. He plays sore a lot so I don’t think a big issue

I wouldn’t be surprised if they try and find a game where he can be sub but it is hard to know against who - he is so important

Interesting.

Been a lot of talk this week that we're still very confident about a flag this year, and that "we're the danger" etc.

With the K-Rock intel as well, any chance Sav's made his decision and the clubs decided to that he's not going to apart of those proceedings?

Or, they've decided that if we are truly trying to win a flag, that Sav's not going to help us there?

Just all feels like too much of a coincidence if it isn't.

That would mean Chris Scott (presser) has gone from Sav saving our butts and being "needed" to suddenly acquiescing to Port.
We're still plonking around trying to fit everyone back in, but the Injury Gods are keeping Sav as backup, long way to go yet.

The other way to look at this team is the broader squad including emergencies.

I think if you replace Dempsey and Mullin with Guthrie and Bews you probably get our best 26 - finals squad… if all available best 23 come from that squad

I think then we have Dempsey, Mullin, Knevitt and either menegola/parf/Ceglar as the 4 to round out 30 man squad - only needed if injuries…

To me that 26 is as good as the 26 we had last year (and top 30 is better again than top 30 last year).

So to steal a phrase from another poster “no excuses” from here. It is now just a matter of form, cohesion and injury (or is that an excuse?). On paper we are primed for a run to back to back!!
Yeah, nah. A certain #14 would have some serious issues with that statement, for a start.

GEELONG has made three changes to its team that will host Essendon at GMHBA Stadium on Saturday at 7.25pm.

Jeremy Cameron, Jake Kolodjashnij and Isaac Smith return in a huge boost for the Cats.

Making way are Esava Ratugolea and Zach Tuohy who have been managed, and Oisin Mullin and Oliver Dempsey have been omitted.

Geelong will have a couple of milestones with Gryan Miers set to play his 100th game for the Club, whilst Tom Hawkins and Mitch Duncan will play their 250th game as teammates.

First bounce is at 7.25pm with gates open from 5.25pm.

For those unable to make the Round 18 match, tune in to Channel 7 or Kayo for the action live from 7.00pm!

AFL Round 18 Team​

IN: Jeremy Cameron, Jake Kolodjashnij, Isaac Smith
OUT: Oliver Dempsey (Sub), Oisin Mullin (Omitted), Esava Ratugolea (Managed), Zach Tuohy (Managed)
Milestone: Gryan Miers (100th Game) and Tom Hawkins/Mitch Duncan (250th game as teammates)

BacksJake KolodjashnijSam De KoningJack Henry
Half BacksZach GuthrieTom StewartJack Bowes
CentrelineMitch DuncanMark BlicavsIsaac Smith
Half ForwardsGryan MiersJeremy CameronTyson Stengle
ForwardsOliver HenryTom HawkinsBrad Close
FollowersRhys StanleyPatrick DangerfieldTom Atkins
InterchangeMark O'ConnorMax HolmesTanner Bruhn
Gary Rohan
EmergenciesZach TuohyOisin MullinOlliver Dempsey
Esava Ratugolea
Happy to take that side into the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, nah. A certain #14 would have some serious issues with that statement, for a start.

Joels leadership is irreplaceable for sure.

But henry and bruhn have been very very good this year, bowes is handy, sav is decent depth and we have menegola to come back in at some stage. Plus clark next year. So i do think our depth is improved.

Interesting.

Been a lot of talk this week that we're still very confident about a flag this year, and that "we're the danger" etc.

With the K-Rock intel as well, any chance Sav's made his decision and the clubs decided to that he's not going to apart of those proceedings?

Or, they've decided that if we are truly trying to win a flag, that Sav's not going to help us there?

Just all feels like too much of a coincidence if it isn't.

Even if Ratugolea had already made his decision on his future & that was in teal rather than the Hoops, if the MC saw him as best 22 they'd keep him in the side for now

I think it's likely there's a few factors that have come into things, and in particular 5 matches that may have been given extra consideration:
- Ratugolea didn’t have the best match against Essendon back in round 7 when his direct opponent in Weideman kicked 5 goals. It’s the most goals Ratugolea has had kicked on him in a match this season, the most goals Weideman has kicked in a game in his career and that may have lead to concerns there was no obvious match-up for Ratugolea this week

- Rounds 11, 15, 16 & 17… In rounds 11 & 16 we tried to juggle the 4 tall defenders without much success, and there was always at least 1 defender playing out of position until after Ratugolea was subbed out (injury in Rnd 11 & tactical in Rnd 16). While in Rounds 15 & 17 we played with a combination of 3 or our 4 tall defenders which has been our preferred set-up for the last 18+ months, and we just looked more settled

If the coaches want to stick with that 3 tall defender combination than it means rotating/managing/maybe eventually omitting one of the tall options. And then about looking at our opponent for that week & working out who is the best option to manage based on match-ups, plus how the players are feeling and if they need a week off or continuity under their belt

And lastly, 26/27 players don’t exactly fit into 22 and the weeks we have all or most available, there will potentially be some favorites who miss out

Is this the first time they've bussed supporters in, has anyone done it?
I'm interested to see if they can include people with a disability as a possible solution, although we need our car there for personal reasons.
I've complained to the Club again today about cars with no disability permit hogging the spaces at KP. At the same time the striped parking barrier (on the swimming pool fence side where the disability car park is ) is kept closed so that wheelchair entry is impeded. Must squeeze through a small gate beside it and over rocky ground, and many Cats supporters stop to assist. Been going on for years-hand passed between Club and Council and I'm considering taking a discrimination complaint higher. I need supporters to back the protest. If you are walking past that area into the ground this week, just check out the selfish car owners in a clearly marked special zone- who ruin it for others.

I remember back a few years when we started having night matches at KP, they tried running buses from 5(?) points around town to the stadium operating as a shuttle service in the hope of reducing vehicle traffic around the venue

I gave it consideration but didn’t end up using it as I would still have had to make my way to the meeting point and not sure they had put as much effort into things as it seems they have this time. Back then they were using the Geeong city buses and I’m pretty sure they are accessible for those with a disability

If possible, maybe contact the club tomorrow to confirm things

Agreed... Can't list him as omitted and then push for maximum trade compo for him.

Always going to be out-managed.

I'd respect us more if we just omitted him though.

Yep we will see if he plays vfl. Good out though. Didnt think the coaches would have the courage to drop him.

As for trade compo we wont get a lot but that will be dictated by his contract status, not whether hes best 22 or not.

Agreed... Can't list him as omitted and then push for maximum trade compo for him.

Always going to be out-managed.

I'd respect us more if we just omitted him though.

We did this every week for about 2 months last year though. All the way through to finals we were ‘managing’ players.

There’s every chance he’ll be back in next week, just like Kolo is this week.

We probably won’t know what the MC consider our best 22 until closer to September. They’re probably still making their minds up about that anyway.

I am just impressed that we had the cojones to drop sav..much better balanced side.

I’m curious why everyone is saying this but no one was saying Kolo was dropped last week? What makes one managed and one an omission?

Best guess is Sav is back in next week and someone else is out. I imagine they’ll rotate through the KPD for the next month until they work out their preferred structure.

I’m curious why everyone is saying this but no one was saying Kolo was dropped last week? What makes one managed and one an omission?

Best guess is Sav is back in next week and someone else is out. I imagine they’ll rotate through the KPD for the next month until they work out their preferred structure.

Kolodjashnij should have been managed the week before against Sydney - he was clearly playing sore against Melbourne, especially after a SDK knee to the hip which kept him down for a few minutes before having to go to the bench for treatment

Maybe Ratugolea does need a weeks rest, but having playing just over 1.5 matches since returning from injury, this looks like a more polite way of saying ”we’re rotating players through our 22 and this week it’s Player X’s turn to sit it out”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back