Preview Geelong V Essendon - The Scott Cup - Sat 15th July 725pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the last answer to the question to Chris Scott at the press about Rohan leavin the track early... he said... he had an early tee of at 13th beach. He had done all his work etc .. pretty flexible here on the last session etc......

Any wonder why players want to come here when they hear that?

Our work-rate regarding tackling definitely has been an issue. I think it's largely due to the accumulative effect of our injuries, but we have looked disinterested across a few games the last 6 weeks: Freo, GWS, Port, 1st Half Sydney, 2nd Half North. Hopefully now with injured players having returned and played a few games + the cohesion that comes with that will allow the team to adhere to their structures better.
I think some of the comments in the last week have been aimed at this.

All the bravado coming out of the club feels like "Hey, we've got a real opportunity here...we're still in this, get your act together and don't waste it"

Top 4 has gone from seemingly impossible to a distinct possibility, particularly if we can get on a run.

The talent is back, now comes the effort.

I loved the last answer to the question to Chris Scott at the press about Rohan leavin the track early... he said... he had an early tee of at 13th beach. He had done all his work etc .. pretty flexible here on the last session etc......

Can I get a boss like that?? 🙏

I smell a sales pitch. Hey Bailey, Lachie, Tom, this could be you too. 😉

Agreed... Can't list him as omitted and then push for maximum trade compo for him.

Always going to be out-managed.

I'd respect us more if we just omitted him though.
Why would you respect us more if we omitted him? Calling him omitted would be a stupid move that benefits no one.

The phrase “cutting off your nose to spite your face” comes to mind.

Sav not named in the vfl smells late change to me.

I just hope that its not blitz who is the late out (structurally i think we can cover it as ess rucks are poor but seeing sdk rucking gives me nightmares).

That's really hard to say. Our sub could be one of three or four players. On one hand, Chris Scott is clearly anxious to give Mullin some game time to fast-track his development. On the other, he obviously only played last week so that all three Irishmen would be there for Tuohy's milestone game.

Mullin and dempsey are named in the vfl tuohy isnt so id say tuohy will be the sub to manage him.

Sav not named in the vfl smells late change to me.

I just hope that its not blitz who is the late out (structurally i think we can cover it as ess rucks are poor but seeing sdk rucking gives me nightmares).
If they wanted to, surely they could name Sav in the vfl anyway even if they thought there was a chance he would come in to the afl team on Saturday as a late change?

Looks like it's just a conservative approach after coming back from the hamstring injury.

If they wanted to, surely they could name Sav in the vfl anyway even if they thought there was a chance he would come in to the afl team on Saturday as a late change?

Looks like it's just a conservative approach after coming back from the hamstring injury.

Normally ems are named in the vfl. So hes either being rested which makes no sense as he needs gametime after missing 3 weeks, or he is playing afl imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mullin and dempsey are named in the vfl tuohy isnt so id say tuohy will be the sub to manage him.
Maybe.

But it could be they have decided SAV and 2E are going to rest (or coming for late change).

In terms of vfl nearly every week the afl sub comes out as late change. My guess is they will give Oisin a shot at sub. I would like to experiment with the sub to see who does it well.

Dempsey and others have shown they struggle to make impact as sub. We know already 2E would be brilliant as sub. But let’s see if Mullin can be an option. To my eye he has the power and size to heat up pretty quickly?

Why would you need to manage him after basically 1-2 weeks? Makes no sense
Agree it makes no sense. But wonder whether they have decided for last 8 games they rotate one key tall back through a rest. Mainly to get a view as to what mix works best? Good news from my perspective is that I think it means they have given up on the 4 tall strategy. They just don’t know which 3 works?

Why would you need to manage him after basically 1-2 weeks? Makes no sense
Every player would be different. Scott mentioned it was part of a bit of gradual return from the hamstring. They prefer him to get a bit more work in before hitting the last few weeks of the season.

Top 4 is gone

We'd only be scraping in anyway. Would much rather build our form and absolutely blitz these last 7 weeks - and come into finals putting the fear of god into every team we play.

We need the continuity anyway - so playing 4 weeks straight after a week off would do us a world of good, IMO - especially if we finish the season strong like we did last year.

We'd only be scraping in anyway. Would much rather build our form and absolutely blitz these last 7 weeks - and come into finals putting the fear of god into every team we play.

We need the continuity anyway - so playing 4 weeks straight after a week off would do us a world of good, IMO - especially if we finish the season strong like we did last year.
Agree that if we finish on fire it doesn't really matter where we place, but the irony is because of who we play odds are that if we do finish on fire we probably place in the top 4.

Melbourne and Brisbane will both drop a couple, nothing surer. Brisbane mentally weak and the Dees just aren't that good.

Changes from our GF 22 to our current team:

OUT: Guth, Tuohy, Selwood, Bews
IN: Holmes, Bruhn, O. Henry, Bowes

We're definitely getting closer now to our best side, which I suspect is Holmes replacing Sel in the 22, Guth replacing Bruhn in the 22, and Tuohy replacing Bowes, with Bruhn moving to sub. O. Henry stays in over Bews, so I would imagine this is our 23 if we're injury free at the right time (touch wood):

B: J. Henry, SDK, Zuthrie
HB: Stewart, Kolo, Duncan
C: Holmes, Blics, I. Smith
FO: Stanley, Danger, Guthrie
HF: O. Henry, J. Cameron, Miers
F: Rohan, Hawk, Stengle
INT: Close, Tuohy, T. Atkins, O'Connor
Sub: Bruhn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back