Game Day Geelong V Essendon - The Scott Cup - Sat 15th July 725pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ablett kicks 14
Salmon kicks 10.

GAS kicks about 10 more in Prelim Final out at Waverley including one on the run from the 50 after one of the best bjork's and head fakes of all time.

Stevie J kicks one on his back in the goal sqaure at Etihad to get within like 4 points I think it was....

All these classic Cats Bombers moments....

But none really at KP

That changes today when the Bombers finally get on a bus down the highway - albeit amongst some moderate sooking about access and incomplete stands grumble grumble grumble.

Anyway... our Finals destiny is still in our hands - we control what happens next. The 'ol 8 point game as they say....

They will be doing their utmost to make sure that doesnt happen - They feel they owe us and the numbers suggest that is correct... just not today.

They are depleted in the ruck, have a few outs and we get back Jez, Kolo and Izzy - about 2.4 millions games worth of experience. Bombers are quick, motivated and can play a solid pressured and fast game style.

They wont know the ground... but they will come and come hard.

WE need to be ready, clean and take all our chances when they arrive. Its time for us to start really defending the Flag at GMHBA...

Destiny is still in our control - lets get it done Geelong.

Also, Miers has 100 games - what a unit he has become. Congrats to the kid from Grovedale.

GO Catters

TICKET GONE
GO CATS

Probably best to post this in the game day thread. I have a ticket for tonight’s game from a colleague who cannot make it.

It’s a member ticket so no cost.

Hickey Stand Level 3 Row F Section C4.

Available to a cats fan on here. First in best dressed. PM me.

D5D6CCA4-6B45-44AC-9D20-9E0C42F19CC8.jpeg

Last edited:
‘We’re the danger’ Chris Scott..
‘Prove it’ Me
If you don’t want questions about top 8 credentials…. Then…prove it…
Nuff said!

Screenshot_20230715-013310.png
Just wondering if we can start the 2024 preseason thread? No point caring about any more of this 2023 garbage!

We really are a soft supporter base at times.

View attachment 1738886
Just wondering if we can start the 2024 preseason thread? No point caring about any more of this 2023 garbage!

We really are a soft supporter base at times.
To be fair, with Brisbane putting in an all time choke last night, it’s going to be hard to make top 4.
If by some miracle we do make top 4, we are a chance.

There’s a few that are optimistic that we can win 4 finals in a row, but I just cannot see it happening even if we enter the finals in good form.
I’ve seen plenty of teams enter the finals in good form and get bundled out week 1.

Onto the game - Dons playing some good footy. I think we win though.

To be fair, with Brisbane putting in an all time choke last night, it’s going to be hard to make top 4.
If by some miracle we make it, we are a chance.

There’s a few that are optimistic that we can win 4 finals in a row, but I just cannot see it happening even if we enter the finals in good form.
I’ve seen plenty of teams enter the finals in good form and get bundled out week 1.

Onto the game - Dons playing some good footy. I think we win though.
The whole premature "season is done" routine is objectively cringe worthy though. I'd rather wait until it's actually done, especially when there's only two impressive sides in the league this year and neither are as intimidating as the Richmond dynasty sides.

In 3 of the last 7 seasons a side outside the top 4 has made the grand final. Not that far off a 50% hit rate since the pre-finals bye was introduced and the competition became more even.

Outside of that, the top 4 race could easily have twists and turns to come. Brisbane can't win on the road and Melbourne have lost to or scraped home against a bunch of bad teams. Brisbane made them look good for the the first and last 10 minutes but any game against a top 14 side is a danger game for them.

But more to the point, there are exciting and daunting challenges to come for the team we follow. There aren't any bonus points for pretending not to care earlier than anybody else.

I look forward to the Bombers kicking it out of bounds as they try to clear the ball around the boundary.
I look forward to committed Cats executing fierce but legal tackles, being first to put their heads over the ball, 1%ers and gut running.
Swift moment of the ball via linked chains of possessions. Sharp intercept marks in defence. Pinpoint passing to the forwards.
I can dream. It's not like they aren't capable. The silverware is proof of that.
It's time Cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bully them, bury them. Anyone going, make some noise.
This is a short but interesting post…. It is more than just winning today. For us to get on that roll to B2B I am looking for a statement. this is a game where we could lost if we aren’t the team we hope to be. but if we are then let’s put in a 50+ point win in. I don’t mind if it is just 1 or 2 qtrs but show that we are simply much better.

Last edited:
I look forward to the Bombers kicking it out of bounds as they try to clear the ball around the boundary.
I look forward to committed Cats executing fierce but legal tackles, being first to put their heads over the ball, 1%ers and gut running.
Swift moment of the ball via linked chains of possessions. Sharp intercept marks in defence. Pinpoint passing to the forwards.
I can dream. It's not like they aren't capable. The silverware is proof of that.
It's time Cats.

Geelong not being jumped at the start - like that game against Ess at KP a couple of years ago

I just want Geel to start nicely - so they dont have to play any catch up type football ( mental torture for the supporters)- and Draper is a massive out for Ess in my opinion

Geelong need to win this - to get 4 pts - because next week at the Gabba - Lions are 45 from 49 and this year up their they have flooged Coll - Rich - had Melb on their knees before the game got called off for a while

All supporters are optimistic - but i think next week is no chance - 100% of nothing - so imperative to get the 4 pts tonight - to keep the head above water to qualify for the final 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back