Preview Geelong V Essendon - The Scott Cup - Sat 15th July 725pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon another explanation is Geelong’s planning and execution against good players is near faultless. How rare that a good player puts in a match winning performance against us?

But that tends to leave us exposed against spuds who we don’t put the planning into.
A sign of good coaching is the playing group not getting beaten by what they know and can avoid

I loved the last answer to the question to Chris Scott at the press about Rohan leavin the track early... he said... he had an early tee of at 13th beach. He had done all his work etc .. pretty flexible here on the last session etc......

Any wonder why players want to come here when they hear that?
There's a lot of trust you put in the players doing that

Works as long a you consistently drop anyone who doesn't meet expectations

Changes from our GF 22 to our current team:

OUT: Guth, Tuohy, Selwood, Bews
IN: Holmes, Bruhn, O. Henry, Bowes

We're definitely getting closer now to our best side, which I suspect is Holmes replacing Sel in the 22, Guth replacing Bruhn in the 22, and Tuohy replacing Bowes, with Bruhn moving to sub. O. Henry stays in over Bews, so I would imagine this is our 23 if we're injury free at the right time (touch wood):

B: J. Henry, SDK, Zuthrie
HB: Stewart, Kolo, Duncan
C: Holmes, Blics, I. Smith
FO: Stanley, Danger, Guthrie
HF: O. Henry, J. Cameron, Miers
F: Rohan, Hawk, Stengle
INT: Close, Tuohy, T. Atkins, O'Connor
Sub: Bruhn
Team is getting better on paper but need to string some wins together to get some cohesion going

There's a lot of trust you put in the players doing that

Works as long a you consistently drop anyone who doesn't meet expectations

Yep. I could imagine the reaction if it had been said last year at North Melb with JHF.

Perhaps the flip side that you dont see is the players policing themselves. It will fail with some players and some clubs for sure but guys that have been in the system long enough , know their bodies etc and are performing..why treat them like kids.

Didn’t know where to post this. But Friday afternoon at work counting down to the weekend and then I get the insta ping from Geelong Cats

Some great photos but only rubbed in that their “work” is a lot more fun than mine!

The players going nuts when Gryan nails the shot is brilliant. And then looks like Dempsey nailed his shot to - pure joy

Again nothing like it where I work!!

EDIT: I think that is SDK behind Miers. Just looking at that group - what a future we might have

Social media team missed a golden opportunity to take a photo of Miers kicking a soccer ball around, especially with the Miers-Messi comparison shenanigans going on over on Twitter at the moment.

Yep. I could imagine the reaction if it had been said last year at North Melb with JHF.

Perhaps the flip side that you dont see is the players policing themselves. It will fail with some players and some clubs for sure but guys that have been in the system long enough , know their bodies etc and are performing..why treat them like kids.
Yeah I think that's why you have to be careful who you recruit and the kids who still need some supervision get it.

Gameday you whippa snappers!

GO Catters

I trust CHAWKTS who says no.
Sometimes I guess. Other times I “hear things”.

don’t think any late changes today. Mullin will be sub. Which makes sense to me if they want to give 2E a real rest (remember he didn’t get one last time they tried) and Dempsey is best served by full games either way. And Sav…I am at a bit of a loss to be honest - as surely he doesn’t need a rest and should play vfl - but won’t?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes I guess. Other times I “hear things”.

don’t think any late changes today. Mullin will be sub. Which makes sense to me if they want to give 2E a real rest (remember he didn’t get one last time they tried) and Dempsey is best served by full games either way. And Sav…I am at a bit of a loss to be honest - as surely he doesn’t need a rest and should play vfl - but won’t?
You’re a good guesser.

You’re a good guesser.
Ha

genuine question….do you have a view on why they wouldn’t play Sav in vfl If not picked in AFL? Surely he does not need to be managed given he has played 1 and half games after a long break. Maybe i am wrong and he comes in late change or sub….but if not I just don’t understand why he wouldn’t play tomorrow….any thoughts?

Ha

genuine question….do you have a view on why they wouldn’t play Sav in vfl If not picked in AFL? Surely he does not need to be managed given he has played 1 and half games after a long break. Maybe i am wrong and he comes in late change or sub….but if not I just don’t understand why he wouldn’t play tomorrow….any thoughts?
Only thing I can think of - assuming he’s not a late in - is he genuinely has a niggle that could do with a week off. Something like a corkie is what I have in mind.

If not that I have NFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back