• Gold Coast by 1-39

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Gold Coast by 40+

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should have been a big win now becomes a test. We're playing with 20 players so it's going to be a big ask.

It's 18 on 18 at all times out there.

And the idea that the Suns are going to have major contributions from their '21st and 22nd players' when compared to the two you don't rate from our team seems completely fanciful to me.

If we lose this game, we will have a lot more to blame than the duo from our own club that you are determined to deride.

Last edited:

Parsons out for Constable? Bit early for the club to be getting arrogant isn't it? Maybe not.

Why, WHY does this club persist with spuds? Parsons has never shown anything other than a lack of ability to play at AFL level. He's soft, often non-competitive.. Don't understand.

Parsons out for Constable? Bit early for the club to be getting arrogant isn't it? Maybe not.

Why, WHY does this club persist with spuds? Parsons has never shown anything other than a lack of ability to play at AFL level. He's soft, often non-competitive.. Don't understand.
Up until this post, my opinion on Parsons was equivocal.

I have no idea why they keep dropping constable.

Someone posted a statistical comparison V Guthrie, I think it was last week.

Constable had him covered in most measures, in meters gained he had a LOT more, about 50% more from memory.

Anyone who's been involved with a club at any level knows how they operate. Politics plays a part, the hierarchy have their favourties.. From grass roots to the top.

At the end of the day Parsons won't be the difference between us winning and losing this game, but i think it's reasonable for people to be miffed about selection... Constable certainly didn't deserve to be dropped, surely as a 2nd year player who has been really impressive he is allowed a quiet game here and there.
I hope I'm wrong about Parsons... But i don't think i will be, he just shys away from any contact too much and when he does get it given to him he simply isn't polished enough to justify getting it.

But they are desperate to get him in for some reason so hopefully he can prove us all wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second-year midfielder with 11 touches and 4 clangers in a game gets dropped?

He isn't being screwed over.

Do I get to dig out all the games Guthrie performed worse than that and not dropped? While being a senior player with a tone more games under his belt?

Guthrie never gets dropped, they just move or hide him in other parts of the ground when he spuds it up so bad in the midfield.

Menegola got this treatment too when he started, played one average game, dropped. Even after a string of good ones. Constable's year for a 7 game player has been as good as any. No other team would drop him.

What should have been a big win now becomes a test. We're playing with 20 players so it's going to be a big ask.
Overreaction.

It was always going to be a game we should win, but not blitz.

Danger out is big. Would be no different if it was Danger out, Constable retains spot however. We will shift Atkins etc inside more and have Parsons as a link player.

Constable had him covered in most measures, in meters gained he had a LOT more, about 50% more from memory.

Anyone who's been involved with a club at any level knows how they operate. Politics plays a part, the hierarchy have their favourties.. From grass roots to the top.

That's impressive to draw Guthrie into this debate. Well play sir.

It's 18 on 18 at all times out there.

And the idea that the Suns are going to have major contributions from their '21st and 22nd players' when compared to the two you don't rate from our team seems completely fanciful to me.

If we lose this game, we will have a lot more to blame than the duo you are determined to deride at every opportunity.
Some people need easy targets to let out vitriol. Don't worry, enclosed in a forum like this it's a safe place for them to let it all out.

Second-year midfielder with 11 touches and 4 clangers in a game gets dropped from the top team in the league?

He isn't being screwed over.

That's impressive to draw Guthrie into this debate. Well play sir.

Guthrie also had 11 touches last week, and played a lot more time in the middle - as a 150 game player. Doesn't really get much worse than that. Someone else should have beaten me to it!

'Anyone who's been involved with the club'?
Kind of counts you out.

But I do note your continued hatred of cam.
Slow hand clap. Kind of reminds me of the Albert park protesters.

Do I get to dig out all the games Guthrie performed worse than that and not dropped? While being a senior player with a tone more games under his belt?

Guthrie never gets dropped, they just move or hide him in other parts of the ground when he spuds it up so bad in the midfield.

Menegola got this treatment too when he started, played one average game, dropped. Even after a string of good ones. Constable's year for a 7 game player has been as good as any. No other team would drop him.

A lot of opinions used as fact here. Guthrie has been dropped before.
Guthrie also had 11 touches last week, and played a lot more time in the middle - as a 150 game player. Doesn't really get much worse than that. Someone else should have beaten me to it!

You want someone else to make their every post somehow link to Guthrie? Surely only room for one joker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back