Preview Rd 10 Geelong v Gold Coast Thu May16 730pm at TIO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have liked to have seen a young bloke in for Cam Guthrie
Ron Burgundy What GIF

We just got him back.

Would have liked to have seen a young bloke in for Cam Guthrie for this one I get they are trying to get klm in to him but Darwin is not the ideal venue for that IMO, and I expect him to be off the pace by half time.
Maybe but no Duncan, Danger, Touhy, Hawk & Jez means we lack a lot of leadership/ experience on field.

Yeah actually when you think about it that's going from 8 over 30s to 4.

If that's Neale, Conway, Bowes, Bruhn, then you're going from 27y8m to I think 25y10m

Not sure where that stands, but last round that would be basically the same age as Carlton, St Kilda, Richmond and Melbourne, younger than Sydney, Port, Essendon, GWS, Dogs, Collingwood, and Brisbane.

It would be 5 months older than West Coast.

When you nail the meat tray but miscalculate the average age by a few weeks so can't brag 🤦‍♂️

Epilogue - we'd be younger than any of the sides fielded from last week sides listed and 3 months older than West Coast last week

Bowes and Bruhn back in the side but zero mids went out (not counting Duncan as a mid anymore).

Seems like we have a large number of mids in the team...maybe one too many.

Anyway, it's hard to see Mullin getting a run on the ball again unless maybe Clark is a late out.

I like that we've resisted bringing Tuohy back in after his week off

The sub seems a bit more open this week - hoping it's not Mullin after what he showed last week and that he gets 4 quarters; maybe Clark?

InterchangeMark O’ConnorTanner BruhnTom Atkins
Jhye ClarkOisin Mullin

Sub will be important this week in tricky conditions, someone who will come on fresh, young, strong, fast, flexible.
Maybe Clark, but I think Mullin-he slayed it in half a game last week. Well, did what he was asked in the position, and our backline looks settled.
There's not much humidity in Dublin, not counting the bars-see how he goes.

I like that we've resisted bringing Tuohy back in after his week off

The sub seems a bit more open this week - hoping it's not Mullin after what he showed last week and that he gets 4 quarters; maybe Clark?

InterchangeMark O’ConnorTanner BruhnTom Atkins
Jhye ClarkOisin Mullin
Just catching up with this. The 2E thing is a (pleasant) surprise to me. Dont want to overstate it but I think it is a big deal. I understand that he was not happy to be managed last week after only 2 games - but to then not put him in this week is really interesting.

He has played wing most of the year and I think common view was Dempsey will get managed after player more footy than even before - so would have been a very easy and un controversial move to put 2E in after a break and give Dempsey a rest. Absent a late change that has not happened. Interesting. Deliberate choice.

Also does this mean 2E will play VFL on the weekend? If not why not (doesn’t need 2 weeks off)

EDIT: Of course all of this will be irrelevant when we have a late out tomorrow and 2E goes into the 23!!

Last edited:
Bowes and Bruhn back in the side but zero mids went out (not counting Duncan as a mid anymore).

Anyway, it's hard to see Mullin getting a run on the ball again unless maybe Clark is a late out.
Clark or Atkins will be sub I would have thought?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming off two losses in a row , up against it in the humidity away from home.
Lots of experience missing including the 2 KPF's...........
Great game to regroup , trust our youth , circle the wagons and grind out a win , want to see us bring the intensity from the first bounce this week !!
These are the sort of games real premiers grind out and get the job done.

If your system is good and holds up, you should be good enough to take away the points in a game like this.

Losing this one will hurt and undo all the incredible hard work the first seven weeks did.

Disappointing if he doesn't. I'm a fan

I haven't thought Touhy was B22 all year... but that is with a full squad to pick from.

If he doesn't play tomorrow will that be 3 times missing now?

Tuohy has been managed across rounds 3, 6 & 9 so far

Tomorrow night is the start of round 10

Probably been around half a decade since we've been this young

Against both Hawthorn & North we had an average age of 26yrs & 2mths

And in round 24 last year we had an average age of 25yrs & 8mths - same as currently listed for tomorrow night

Feel like a late change is on here. I can't believe Tuohy wouldn't be picked given our outs. I reckon there are 2-3 in doubt and Tuohy will come in for one of them but they don't know which one yet.
You are on the money….

We haven’t had a late change for a while so need and we are trying to get our season momentum back - so lets go back to tried and true late change.

I reckon a tall defender out given condition and 2E in

I once gave myself heat exhaustion soccer training in Brisbane in February. Same sort of conditions, evening, high 20s high humidity, even a bit of rain. Being a Victorian I thought it's night how bad can it be? Felt totally ok while I was out there. Then got home and knew something wasn't right. The following day I was a complete mess.

That was just inexperience on my part. These are elite athletes so they'll know how to manage it. It's definitely a significant factor though, not so much in terms of performance on the day but just in terms of health and recovery.

The following week is a danger. I'm starting to agree with Vdubs that we could go winless in May. If we end up lossless in September, I'll wear it.
If the following week is a danger you’ll be happy to know GC played there 5 days prior. Just saying.

Against both Hawthorn & North we had an average age of 26yrs & 2mths

And in round 24 last year we had an average age of 25yrs & 8mths - same as currently listed for tomorrow night
Where did you get the historical data? I've just got whatever footywire puts up during the relevant round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back