VFL 2019 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So with Hanners getting 19 out of his 24 touches as handballs does that mean he was getting a heap of contested footy? That’s how I read it but need someone at the game to confirm.
Yes, most were contested possessions

Great to see Hanners found plenty of the footy. Amazingly though only had 5 kicks out of his 24 touches, if the stats are correct?

Hopefully he can get through a full game game next week and come straight in after the bye.

That's a good win when you consider how depleted that side is.
Pretty sure Sandy have the bye next week also so might have to be a match sim.

Can anyone provide a convincing, evidence based set of reasons why we persist with the Sandy alignment? Years into the experiment, it doesn't have appeared to have done much good for either club.

The Zebs were a proud and successful club. Not anymore. We've taken over and the only thing they have left is the jumper. Unless it's purely a financial issue, we should pull out. Our development has been terrible and while I'm not blaming the Sandringham Football Club, things have never really worked. There's resentment on all sides and like a bad marriage it's time to call it quits for the benefit of all concerned.

We now have a home ground to play on which is serviced by great facilities and it's time to be establish our identity as a single entity. Streamline the coaching, development and admin and with the women coming in next year, we have a chance to unite the entire place and make it a force in the bay side.

Sandy deserves a chance to go it alone as well. A chance to rebuild it's reputation and standing the way their old rivals Williamstown and Port Melbourne have. Do it saints.

Can anyone provide a convincing, evidence based set of reasons why we persist with the Sandy alignment? Years into the experiment, it doesn't have appeared to have done much good for either club.

The Zebs were a proud and successful club. Not anymore. We've taken over and the only thing they have left is the jumper. Unless it's purely a financial issue, we should pull out. Our development has been terrible and while I'm not blaming the Sandringham Football Club, things have never really worked. There's resentment on all sides and like a bad marriage it's time to call it quits for the benefit of all concerned.

We now have a home ground to play on which is serviced by great facilities and it's time to be establish our identity as a single entity. Streamline the coaching, development and admin and with the women coming in next year, we have a chance to unite the entire place and make it a force in the bay side.

Sandy deserves a chance to go it alone as well. A chance to rebuild it's reputation and standing the way their old rivals Williamstown and Port Melbourne have. Do it saints.

Lack of dollars to have our own reserves set up I would imagine ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back