News Thank you Bolts

Remove this Banner Ad

Bolton won’t ever be remembered as a Carlton legend..maybe will be remembered as a guy who was part of a total cluster **** or will not be remembered at all.. but this is all part and parcel of the ‘new Carlton ‘ the Carlton that has sunk to the very depths ... though never stood a chance in the shark tank..

What we need to remember is he was only one of two applicants .thats not ideal!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sad sad day!! Your a champ bolts u have done wonders for our club!! When our next flag comes along part of it is yours bud!!

Agree. I do believe we are at the end of one phase awaiting the next to kick in but we haven’t quite got there yet. It should be this year and I still believe it’ll come. Hopefully Bolts gets the recognition when it finally does happen.

We have Liddle, Judd and Lloyd on board now who seem to be competent.
Lloyd is new and immediately got us Russell, seen as the best in the business to fix our issue around strength/fitness.

Keen to see how they'll go with appointing a new coaching staff, as imo it's the last key position we are lacking in.
Much more confident in their ability than past regimes - none of them were at the club when we appointed Bolton.

Every coaching/development position bar Amos' should be open to applications around the league. Pay whatever is necessary, we need to attract quality candidates.

Thank you, Bolts. You’ve been incredible for this club, and deserve better!

In my opinion, this is not only a bad call, it’s a lazy, surface level call...

I’m really disappointed in the club. Bolton was exactly what this club needed, and would’ve been great moving forward. Bad, bad, lazy call.

All I can say is, hopefully they do this properly, and clean out the other coaches whose flaws have gone unnoticed because Bolts took all the hits.

And god help us if we appoint Brad Scott. You think we’re bad now. Wait til he gets a hold of us!

At least go after Clarkeson now, with everything we’ve got. That’s the only I way I can see this as a positive move.

Not happy.

Thanks for your services mate, it was nice to see you that one time at Brighton Rec X-Press when I didn't go up to you and just let you work out in peace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad for bolts. He seems like an absolutely ripping bloke that loves all the players. I loved watching those journey videos we did for a season, particularly his tassie ones with new recruits. His passion shone through the screen.

Unfortunately it's just not working any longer. Whether his tactical skills are not there or too complex, it comes across like we don't have a plan.

Would love him to stay on as some sort of rookie mentor, continue those tassie trips etc. I know it's most likely untenable though. Hope he goes well wherever he moves next.

I very much appreciate what he did for the club which was in a dire state then and remains so. He had a plan and it just didn't come to fruition.

As an aside, confused why other thread is locked and then this one open... no dialog or opinion on Bolton allowed? odd.

Nice bloke, stayed classy throughout.

It’s a hell of a tough job and whilst he is not the type of guy to ever say so, he was let down by the lack of effort from his players in the last month. There are a number of guys on our list that should feel a small amount of culpability today - hopefully it’s part of the learning journey for them.

Sorry Bolts, thankyou for all that you have done, you can look back at your tenure without remorse, I for one will remember the unfailing positivity and determination to succeed, wishing you and your family the best for the future.

I feel sick. Never forget I was at the club about a week after he started and the place was so different to the negativity of Malthouse. He made the place happy again. He did so much for the club and the players, gave it everything. Class act

Whether it is the right thing I don't know. My take is he is the circuit breaker to release the pressure. His list is young and unfit. Makes it hard. These days it's not about one person. Never is.

Club now needs to stand up and keep moving forward. It's a huge appointment now. Can't get it wrong.

All the best Bolts. You're a class act and you have done a lot of good. If we achieve the ultimate success you will be a big part of the reason

I wanted him to succeed. I wanted him to be the first premiership coach who hadn't played AFL as too many are over rated for the playing experience. Sad it didn't work out for a man who has given his life for the last 4 years. I feel for him and his family. Hope he is not on the coaching scrapheap as he would be a valuable asset to any club. Thanks Bolts.

But it had to be done. We have to finish the year strongly to appeal to free agents or next year would go to waste too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back