Remove this Banner Ad

You'd think it would be one of the following:

Sydney Stack - 24 disposals, 5 marks, 4 tackles
Luke Davies Uniacke - 21 disposals, 2 marks, 2 tackles
Jordan Clark - 20 Disposals, 4 marks, 1 goal
Noah Answerth - 14 disposals, 4 marks
Oskar Baker - 21 disposals, 7 marks, 3 tackles
Zac Butters - 19 disposals, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 2 goals
Dylan Clarke - 23 disposals, 4 marks, 10 tackles while tagging Cripps.

Reckon its a 2 horse race between Clarke & Stack this week.
Butters had 3 goal assist and 10 scoring involvements..

Feel like Clarke should have got it but on the other hand this would be about the 6th week Stack would have been in the top 3 for the round so not terrible to reward him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW! Didn't think he was that impressive on Friday night, did one or two nice things, but like the rest of his team was generally impotent for most of the game.

He’s still behind Rozee and Duursma. Not sure about other clubs rookies but he’s definitely behind at least Walsh, Rozee and Duursma
Rozee possibly but definitely not Duursma.

Stack has moved into outright 2nd favorite with the bookies. Duursma is equal 6th along with 6 other kids.

2 rookie selections in a row from tigers to get a nom. Doubt that's happened before.

He’s still behind Rozee and Duursma. Not sure about other clubs rookies but he’s definitely behind at least Walsh, Rozee and Duursma

For some odd reason Ladbrokes market thats up today has Duursma and Zurhaar at $67. Think I'll chuck a quick tenner on each, I assume they've made some sort of mistake. Would only take an injury to Walsh and they would both be right in the hunt.

Stack has moved into outright 2nd favorite with the bookies. Duursma is equal 6th along with 6 other kids.

2 rookie selections in a row from tigers to get a nom. Doubt that's happened before.
No, Duursma has been ports best rookie, has Sydney covered by some distance. Betting market means nothing, Duursma just hasn’t got to media hype yet.

No, Duursma has been ports best rookie, has Sydney covered by some distance. Betting market means nothing, Duursma just hasn’t got to media hype yet.

I agree Duursma has been great, but given the bookies, the AFL player rankings and Champion data rankings all have Stack as ahead I dont think its so clear cut as you describe.

Definitely not is a big call, aside from the fact Duursma has played 2 more games which is big for rookies, especially one playing on the wing, Duursma has covered the 3rd most distance of any player in the comp this year and beats Stack in 18/30 of the stats attached (excluded TOG%, DT and SC prices).

4E7A3397-96D7-443E-BC53-E0CDB9964E53.jpeg

Definitely not is a big call, aside from the fact Duursma has played 2 more games which is big for rookies, especially one playing on the wing, Duursma has covered the 3rd most distance of any player in the comp this year and beats Stack in 18/30 of the stats attached (excluded TOG%, DT and SC prices).

View attachment 686426
I take on board what you say but 18 of 30 is a bit disingenuous when it includes goals, behinds, inside 50s, goal assists, marks inside 50 and tackles inside 50 and Stack plays so heavily in defence (where he leads in rebounds from 50). I would call it marginal either way. I'm just happy Stack is exceeding all expectations, especially considering his later start to pre-season and that we got him when no-one else wanted him.

Good for you mate. I'm shocked that a winger is covering more distance than a half back too. Let's not forget Stack was drafted a month before the season started so fitness base would be well down on most draftees.

Using stats like inside 50s, tackles inside 50, marks inside 50, clearances, goals and behinds as proof when comparing a midfielder/winger to a backman is laughable. Kicks, handballs and disposals add up to 3 categories in your mans favor, yet effective disposals which is probably the most important of that lost goes to Sydney. So 'having him covered' doesn't really mean much in the context of things, does it?

To say Stack is 'definitely behind' him is a big stretch if you're being truly objective. It's tight.

I take on board what you say but 18 of 30 is a bit disingenuous when it includes goals, behinds, inside 50s, goal assists, marks inside 50 and tackles inside 50 and Stack plays so heavily in defence (where he leads in rebounds from 50). I would call it marginal either way. I'm just happy Stack is exceeding all expectations, especially considering his later start to pre-season and that we got him when no-one else wanted him.
What he said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back