Multiplat Dying Light 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like a true sequel. Know the first game was widely popular but struggled personally to stick with it.

This however seems to expand on existing gameplay with some slight RPG'ish elements. Definite in for me.

Dying Light 2 Announced At Microsoft E3 2018 Conference
Techland promises a game where choices really matter.
Last updated by Steve Watts on June 10, 2018 at 2:31PM

Subscribe for the latest gaming news
At Microsoft's E3 2018 presentation, it debuted Dying Light 2 from Chris Avellone and Techland. It will feature a fluid parkour system in a world going through a modern-day dark ages brought on by the zombie apocalypse. The announcement included a trailer followed by a gameplay demo.

The centerpiece of the debut was choices with genuine consequences. In the demo, the studio showed off your protagonist taking a mission from a Peacekeeper to negotiate access to a group's water supply. It showed how these two experiences can go very differently based on how the negotiations go: either making an uneasy peace with some vicious law-keepers, or attracting undesirable outsiders. This is said to be just one choice of hundreds that have an impact on gameplay and the world. And of course, it's Dying Light, so monsters will continue to come out at night.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/dying-light-2-announced-at-microsoft-e3-2018-confe/1100-6459614/

Last edited:

The first one was brilliant and I thought a touch underrated by reviewers.

Absolutely pumped for this just based on the small amount revealed so far. Really excited to see it push towards a Fallout-esque dynamic world...but also filled with zombie bashing and parkour, parkour, parkour!

Hope they can pull it off, looks like it might be trying to do too much and might hurt it.
first one was a sleeper hit.

Hope they keep co-op.
Would be a disaster for them if they didnt

Absolutely in for this.

Nice that some game developers are looking more at choice driven narratives, rather than adding Battle Royale as a game-type.

#Inb4BattleRoyaleAnnouncement :(
Monster Hubter Royale :hearteyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st one was close to my fav game in recent years. Only disappointment was how undervalued it was with those I game with which thus impacted on my online experience. Dying light 2 couldn’t be more locked in for me

Not to mention the constant free updates / competitions the 1st one included. Had heaps of fun over Christmas playing it, killing santa zombies etc. Can't wait for this one!

This game looks amazing and is scheduled to be released in the backend of 2019

There are over 100 decisions that you make that alter the world and story line

https://www.unilad.co.uk/gaming/dyi...hroughs-to-see-everything/?source=gamingbible

It’s almost like we are creating several games worth of content right now. We are designing the game with the foundation that some of the players will miss content and we are okay with that. Thanks to the variety of stories, missions, content and assets, we believe that it will make players want to play the game again and again or try to play with other players in co-op to see their worlds. That’s something that we established as a foundation at the very beginning [of development], it’s one of our design goals, and it’s something that we still keep in mind.

Hopefully we see a bit more at E3 this year, but really keen for this. Still go back to the 1st one quite a bit and muck around with the buggie

Cant wait for this.
I'd still be playing the first but the prison DLC pissed me off and depleted my supplies enough that I cant be arsed with it anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back