PS5 Marvel's Spider-Man 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished the story. still a bit to do before i hit 100%, think im about 80%.
took about 26hrs, but i think that would include about 2-3hrs spent in pause menus while away doing other stuff.
people who finished in like 10hrs must of been playing on easy and just rush the story with no side missions.

Loved the game.
Keeping the full venom reveal till so late in the game was a shock and at first thought it would lead to little time with him since he killed Kraven almost right away, but there were still a few hours of story there after.
Loved Kraven's theme.
Had some really cool side content like the Howard mission which you could feel the ending coming but was still a gut-punch. Glad he lived long enough to know his birds got to a new home. the grandpa one was also nice, and the Hayley one where the sound was muffled.
some of the boss fights dragged on a bit too much.
Thought the MJ missions were done better this time since they were not all stealth ones, and the venom mission was cool but glad it was a one off since his moveset was so limited.

Finished with platinum in a bit over 30 hours.

The story is great! Much better than the first one and MM.

Kraven and Venom were both awesome antagonists. Didn't expect Kraven to get his head ripped off while playing a Venom. That was pretty cool.

Thought the extra stuff was the right amount. Nothing worse than having to collect a hundred things in each area.

Crashed on me about 3-4 times, including the cut scene right after the final fight. Glitched out the map at Kraven's lodge.

Yuri is probably the worst character in the series. Unreasonable Angry Woman is just not a good base for an interesting character! Her arc did seem to set up Carnage for the DLC at least, which should be pretty good.

I know Norman needs to go bad but the typical Marvel move of "I don't know what happened but I'm going to blame it on you anyway" is tiresome. A genius scientist is going to hold some level of rationality even in grief. Could be written a lot better.

Seems from reviews that the devs got the message that what the first game needed was a massive, bloated open world.

Sigh.
Wasn’t the case. Easier clean up than the first game. I also liked the staggered revealing the next collectables until you finished quests.

Wasn’t the case. Easier clean up than the first game. I also liked the staggered revealing the next collectables until you finished quests.
Other than the spiderbots they all show up on the map. but spiderbots you can see easily with the pings. and they are on the mini-map when you upgrade the traversal.

Yeah only halfway through but I'm really liking that aspect too. The map isn't cluttered with a million and one things to do, just a few you can knock off if you want on the way to the next main story marker, really well designed.

Last edited:
I have only 3 main story missions left so just doing the platinum clean-up before continuing. Unfortunately one of my EMF research stations hasn't registered as completed so I can't 100% the game. :(

I have only 3 main story missions left so just doing the platinum clean-up before continuing. Unfortunately one of my EMF research stations hasn't registered as completed so I can't 100% the game. :(
One doesnt show up till post game. so if you have 8/9 its right.

One doesnt show up till post game. so if you have 8/9 its right.
Just googled that and yep it's the location I have 1/? in so I think you're on the money. Thanks.

Got the platinum last night.

I really liked this, I’m not as hard on them about the writing given they need to work within an existing IP with existing lore etc.

It’s the perfect length IMO, any reviews that said there was too much side/filler content are lazy. They really addressed most of the complaints from the first game.

The only thing I don’t like is the healing system. You have to attack to fill up focus to heal, but if you get hit hard and don’t have much health left you are basically dead.

I can’t be bothered with spoiler tags but there are some things insomniac on a technical level did that made me go wow.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Finished it over the weekend, loved it. Be interesting as to what they have teased as what becomes DLC and what is for number 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny you said that. I found the last fight to be incredibly easy. I don't think I died on a single boss fight but died a few times in the hunter lair things.

The hardest boss imo was
Scream

I found all the bosses quite simple - dodged their 3 or 4 attacks then attacked back using the suit powers, Rinse and repeat. have only attempted a couple of nests, Found them more difficult

The game is fun. Boss battles were definitely an improvement

It’s certainly iterative, but that’s expected given we’ve had 3 games since 2018.

I don’t think the traversal or combat can improve that much, but I do hope for a more fleshed out open world and slightly longer story for the next game.

Plat. Great game, so much polish. I noticed this late, even in those UI elements that come up in the bottom right corner for JJJ's rants or that Danika podcast thing the sound level indicators were accurate lol - in every other game I've ever played that kinda stuff is always just a looping animation that doesn't actually match the sound levels, crazy attention to detail there.

I seem to be pretty lucky in that I didn't get any of the bugs that others seem to be encountering, only thing that happened once was I hit pause halfway through a cutscene and the dialog kept playing while on the pause screen.

Was kinda hoping for a Wolverine cameo or tease, oh well. Will be very interesting to see how Insomniac handle traversal in that and keep it fresh/fun coming off this.

I know Norman needs to go bad but the typical Marvel move of "I don't know what happened but I'm going to blame it on you anyway" is tiresome. A genius scientist is going to hold some level of rationality even in grief. Could be written a lot better.
Yeah that was really the only major miss that stood out me story wise. Bloke literally begged Spiderman to save his son rather than kill him, Spiderman somehow actually does it, he knows how sick Harry was before and and he still blames Spiderman for how he ends up lol :drunk:

The whole thing would have actually played better if he didn't ask Spiderman to save his son in the first place.

I can’t be bothered with spoiler tags but there are some things insomniac on a technical level did that made me go wow.
You're not wrong, insane. The 60fps performance mode still had basic ray tracing and reflections, never seen that on PS5 before. And that fast travel system was a work of art.

Just finished this
why didn't the spidermen just run around with noise guns. MJ ended up more powerful than both
Haha yep was wondering that myself. I guess they needed to give her that ability for her last mission vs the symbiotes, personally I would have just dropped that mission from the game completely, thought her other missions worked pretty well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back