News David Teague - Training wheels OFF

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notwithstanding that it's been years since we strung two wins together in a row, I reckon there's a chance that we can go a 3peat before the end of this season.... Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast. Teague will need something like that PLUS not getting flogged by any other side through the end of the year to be in with any sort of chance.

Big run of games coming up for us. Season-defining.

I mean they're all 'big games' at this stage, but after Freo we have Melbourne, Sydney & GC...the 3 teams directly above us on the ladder.

Those 3 games in particular will go a long way to shaping whether we finish last or sneak up into 15-16th at the end of the year.

And could be the difference on whether we land a gun mature player or not, as well as who our coach is for 2020.

After listening to David Teague on SEN. I was really impressed with his honesty, clear message and genuine belief in the players. With utmost respect for Bolton, this could be a blessing in disguise.
I love the message of letting the players play to their strengths. Break the shackles. We have 3 great forwards, lets keep them deeper and use them. He is genuinely excited about tomorrow's game.
Come on Blues. Let's get this train back on track.
This quote is great cos you get 6 goals down and then you start pumping. It’s generally up to on field now, no runners.
Ebbs and flows and you’re within less than a kick.
Embrace the flow.

He is just a lot better game day coach than Bolton.

Just simple things like Curnow, JSOS and a few other players playing in certain positions. It also seems that when another team has a run going, we manage to stop the run and get the game on our terms again.

A win like this without our tall forwards and star midfielder is a huge result and shows our day is coming.

Putting together a serious case now.

2 wins against teams in the 8, the team are far more cohesive across the field, and I've liked the development in our bottom ten players. JSOS, LOB, Setterfield etc are developing really well.

With a no other decent coaches available, and a godfather offer needed to pry one of Clarkson, Longmire or Lyon, would offering Teague a 2-year contract be the worst option?

A bit of water left to go under the bridge, but I am struggling to see why we'd let him go.

Def need some line coach upgrades though...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve liked him from his first press conference. I’ve liked that he speaks naturally, but still calm and measured. I like that he has a game-day brain. I like that the players love him.

Three games don’t make a career but we could do so much worse, especially if we’re seriously looking at handing the keys to Brad Scott.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Putting together a serious case now.

2 wins against teams in the 8, the team are far more cohesive across the field, and I've liked the development in our bottom ten players. JSOS, LOB, Setterfield etc are developing really well.

With a no other decent coaches available, and a godfather offer needed to pry one of Clarkson, Longmire or Lyon, would offering Teague a 2-year contract be the worst option?
If he continues the way he is going it might just be the best option. We should be improving over the next 2 years but not expected to be competing for a flag. We know the type of person and coach he is and the style he wants to implement and have seen the workings of some of it this season. We also know the relationship he has with the players.

In 2 years time when we should be hitting our straps list wise to be real contenders, if Teague hasn't come along as we hoped then bring in an experienced head coach and hope they aren't Malthouse 2.0.

I’ve liked him from his first press conference. I’ve liked that he speaks naturally, but still calm and measured. I like that he has a game-day brain. I like that the players love him.

Three games don’t make a career but we could do so much worse, especially if we’re seriously looking at handing the keys to Brad Scott.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know it's early days, but if we continue roughly along our current form-line with Teague, and North continues it's form without Scott - swapping Teague for Scott would need some serious mother******* justification.

I'm wondering if the last month has changed the reasonably oft-held opinion that Scott was extracting just about everything one could expect from an ordinary list. After watching them obliterate and frankly, bully Collingwood the other day, was it actually the coach making the list look so ordinary?

I know it's early days, but if we continue roughly along our current form-line with Teague, and North continues it's form without Scott - swapping Teague for Scott would need some serious mother******* justification.

I'm wondering if the last month has changed the reasonably oft-held opinion that Scott was extracting just about everything one could expect from an ordinary list. After watching them obliterate and frankly, bully Collingwood the other day, was it actually the coach making the list look so ordinary?
Good point. Reece is helping Teaguey's cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back