Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
It's that time of year!

Subban to the Devils for not a lot. Devils could be fun watching next year.

jim benning did good with the first pick, so as is tradition, he had to make an absolutely stupid trade. he's a ****ing disgrace. best case is Canucks fluke into the playoffs ala the Leafs and Avs a few years back, but of course, if we do that, big dumb jim will think our window is open and do more dumb s**t

an unprotected first, to be clear in either 2020 or 2021. we are, btw, basically the worst performed team in the league over the last four seasons, and have actually been trying to win for those years as well. If it doesn't blow up in our faces, it'll be sheer luck. Realistically, the logical position we'll be in is having to make a decision as to whether we give them pick 9-14 in 2020 or keep it and risk it all in 2021. The "lucky" sceranio is the team going on a PDO bender and flunking a playoffs spot, which would probably mean Benning keeps his job, so that's not ideal.

I saw the trade before I saw the Marleau trade, which happens to be the trade we should have been looking into making, so that rubbed salt into the wounds

Leafs making a tonne of moves but still no Marner signature. A lot of it seems to be putting off pain to next season.
Cleared a lot of cap space. Problem is going to be having 3 players on huge deals with no Cup. At least Chicago got 3 cups out of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cleared a lot of cap space. Problem is going to be having 3 players on huge deals with no Cup. At least Chicago got 3 cups out of it.
Yeah both them and Pens managed to grab a cup whilst their great young players were still on ELCs. Unfortunately the lanscape has changed and good RFAs are making pretty large contract demands on the second contract.

Yeah both them and Pens managed to grab a cup whilst their great young players were still on ELCs. Unfortunately the lanscape has changed and good RFAs are making pretty large contract demands on the second contract.
Well Kane, Toews etc were as well, but I know what you mean. Marner has done well, but if they hadn't of signed Matthews to such a huge deal you'd be fine. I mean yeah he's good and going to be great... but he's on McDavid money without being as good as McDavid.

Also gotta wonder if the play in the Ceci/Zaitsev trade is to take Ceci to arbitration, hope he gets assigned something over the walk-away number, and walk away.

End result being swapping Brown, Zaitsev and a prospect for a 3rd, prospect, and an AHLer and about 7mil in cap space.

catters078 opinion on the Stars Pavelski deal?

Im really happy we got pavelski. I know he's ageing but hes still a scorer. We finished 3rd last in goals last season but still got close to the west finals. Adding him gives us a genuine top 6 now.

Looking at our cap situation looks like we will have no issues till 3 years time, which would be his final year...definitely happy to risk that and find a solution by then.

Not so sure about Perry though, he looked finished last season...but i guess 1.5m for 1 year is low risk.

For a team that finished 3rd last in goals..this looks like our top 6 next season.

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Hintz- Pavelski- Dickinson

Should score way more.

Nashville the winners for me. 8mill avg fir Duchene is way unders to me.

Im really happy we got pavelski. I know he's ageing but hes still a scorer. We finished 3rd last in goals last season but still got close to the west finals. Adding him gives us a genuine top 6 now.

Looking at our cap situation looks like we will have no issues till 3 years time, which would be his final year...definitely happy to risk that and find a solution by then.

Not so sure about Perry though, he looked finished last season...but i guess 1.5m for 1 year is low risk.

For a team that finished 3rd last in goals..this looks like our top 6 next season.

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Hintz- Pavelski- Dickinson

Should score way more.

Nashville the winners for me. 8mill avg fir Duchene is way unders to me.
I think it's decent for 3 years but we couldn't fit him in for that. Plus he will be 37 by the time it ends and is getting banged up a bit more now. I wanted him back but not at those numbers. Especially with TimoTime re-signing. Makes Couture our oldest forward at 30 (not including Thornton who may or may not come back)

Does anyone think any teams out there will try to offer sheet Marner or Braden Point?

Montreal tried with Aho but carolina didnt hesitate to match.

The offer sheet is a dangerous game...i wonder if anyone will target those two
If Montreal are going to do a second tier offer sheet, Toronto would welcome it.

But as if the Canes would let Aho go for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back