Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I just see a talented player struggling with injury. Putting him up forward was a smart move. I expect him to be a midfielder once he is fully fit
Really? I was thinking more of Paul Chapman. Medium forward, not fast but smart, good hands and strong through the hips. Sure, you can put him in the middle, but why on earth would you move him away from the forward line?

What he needs to do - IMO - is continue to get to the right spots, front and centre, leading at the ball carrier and stop playing for free kicks he isn't going to get. Make the ball your own, and put the responsibility for winning the ball into what you can control. I can see him being too useful ahead of the ball, and we will soon not need anyone like him around a stoppage, not at the rate SPS and Jack are developing and the amount of ball Walsh gets already.

2nd best runners in the AFL:

“Carlton:
TELSTRA TRACKER TEAM RECORDS
Season records
Total distance covered for season 2019: 4054.5km (2nd)
Total distance at high speed for 2019: 576.2km (2nd)
Total sprints for season 2019: 3445 (3rd)”

Ummm if you read my post properly you would have noticed I mentioned all three categories as the indicator of fittest club.

There is no team in the AFL that's top 3 in all of those three records.

http://tun.in/tjaDw8

Had to sign up to BF to share the good fortune I had of stumbling across this great interview with Doc this morning on 927 AM.

Particularly moving is the story he tells about calling up Bolts a week ago to thank him for everything, and describing how he is not in the best place and is struggling quite a bit. Which is probably pretty obvious when you think about it, but takes on a really tragic reality hearing about it from one of our captains. The rest of the 25 minute interview is a goldmine of footy nous from Doc, going into detail about the win on Sunday evening as well as a few of his favourites who have come on during the year (Walsh - whilst brilliantly taking down media's campaign for Stack / anyone else to win Rising Star, Mickey Gibbons and Silvagni). Highly recommended, worth a listen..

Fantastic.
Thank you.
Everyone should have a listen.

Sat down with our recruit Matt Owies today. This guy is a hidden gem.

Really appreciate the work???? Is it work lol..... that you are doing .... gives us a completely different perspective than paid media. Love it mate.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

It was awesome hearing Diesel speak today. Do yourselves a favour and listen to it.

A couple of things that “got me very excite” ( in the voice of Borat)

Diesel said he is at the club two days a week now working with the whole playing group.

Also said he’d like to be there more next year 😍😍😍

yeh i was speaking to a dude yesterday who mentioned this . makes me moist thinking what diesel can teach these lads

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some people quick to judge Gov. He broke his back in pre-season. Remarkable he made it back so soon. Has been carrying other stuff and vulnerable to knocks this first half of the season. He's also still young. The guy is going to be a star for us. He's got a winners mentality, knows how to take a clutch mark and kick a clutch goal. Looking forward to a fully fit and more mature player delighting us in the future.
Plus he is still hitting the scoreboard too.
Gun player working his way into it

Showed great composure in that glorious, frantic last minute on Sunday as well. When he marked it after Murph had put us back in front, he held onto the ball, waited until the umpire screamed "play on", then calmly looked around and passed it back to an unmarked team-mate. Any remote chance Freo had for a last-gasp goal died there in Mitch's hands. :cool:

Ted bundy

Funny I was looking through some old vids after the under 18s champs, found a lil snippet of old mate Sydney 'the greatest player to ever bless the earth' Stack locking down on Walshy @2:42 hope we see that round 1 next year to shut all the tigs supporters up xD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back