Review Round 16, 2019 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

YUUUGE game. Absolutely. I really struggled with votes earlier because I couldn't limit myself to just 5, and even when I took the opposite way of eliminating players I couldn't even string 5 names together that did not put themselves on the line for this game. Textbook team victory, not relying on a purple patch from a couple of players in a burst to put the distance on the opposition.

Ohhh boy. I need to go watch that game again.

I was cut off from the outside world until well after 5pm

First score I got was on the car radio about half way through the second quarter and I was pumped when I heard 42-22 our way.

Watched the end of the second quarter on the tellie with sons and daughters at one of their places and because they were all brought up "proper", they are all hard core Lions.

Can't wait till the replay is available so I can watch the whole thing.

Noah is such a reliable player and plays beyond his years. He backs himself and generally makes the right decisions. Not even Jeremy Cameron could beat him in one on one contests. Not bad for a pick in the 40's.
Even better ... pick 55. And you are spot on, he plays like a 150+ gamer already. In the years to come he will be another steal that makes a difference for us.

Agree with Luther magnificent recruiting , McCarthy was a star today , his best game , how the cats missed this is mind bending

Rich and hodge were huge , Andrews is AA by a street. And Answerth well that boy can play
Fwiiw Chris Scott rated McCarthy top 4 lock in their MF but he could never get his body right . Insiders have known this all along . Getting Lachie up here sealed the deal.

So in our MF we have.

McCarthy - elite
Zorko- elite
Neale - elite
McCug- surely close to elite
Berry - surely will be elite

The Fab 5 ??

Plus Mitch Robinson who does things no normal human would attempt and keeps the opposition second guessing.

A question. Hippy was injured, McStay was ordinary but did try to ruck from time to time, Charlie just there by his standards ,Bundy poor first half , Cam just there imo. , Adams first game in a long time and just finding his feet , then how did we kick a winning score ??

That's one helluva win when you look at the guys who can only improve.

Fwiiw Chris Scott rated McCarthy top 4 lock in their MF but he could never get his body right . Insiders have known this all along . Getting Lachie up here sealed the deal.

So in our MF we have.

McCarthy - elite
Zorko- elite
Neale - elite

The Fab 5 ??

Plus Mitch Robinson who does things no normal human would attempt and keeps the opposition second guessing.

A question. Hippy was injured, McStay was ordinary but did try to ruck from time to time, Charlie just there by his standards ,Bundy poor first half , Cam just there imo. , Adams first game in a long time and just finding his feet , then how did we kick a winning score ??

11 individual goal kickers is how we kicked a winning score.

Fagan has got Coach of the year sewn up.McCarthy's best game for us. Team performance, would be tempted to keep Adams in as he will get up to speed with more game time and i reckon he provides us with more balance than McInerny. Hopefully Hippy is just sore and doesnt require any time off

They will give it to Chris Scott or something stupid like that.

11 individual goal kickers is how we kicked a winning score.
Well that's exactly right.

So we have guys who don't play forward for most of the game who can kick goals . Plus McInerny when he comes back and Stef who with O back can be good for a goal or so , We're not a one trick pony .

Today proved that

Was Bundy playing a negating role up forward early on? Looked like we put some time into Wilson. Maybe I was imagining things.
I'm guessing you were imagining things unless he had a loan deal with West Coast last night?

So in our MF we have.

McCarthy - elite
Zorko- elite
Neale - elite

The Fab 5 ??

As I said earlier in the week, we have one of the best midfields in the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So in our MF we have.

McCarthy - elite
Zorko- elite
Neale - elite

The Fab 5 ??

Lyon goes ok as well

One day - just one day. I think we should all just take one day this week to celebrate the possibilities. Just one day when we don't pick on each other or abuse any player. Just take a day to remember the last 10 years of misery and think we may have just broken through to change all that. then the next day we can resume our misery and scepticism. I'm flying down for the Port Adelaide game, if we win that one I might even book speculative flights to Melbourne latter in the year. God this feels good.
It’s all rainbows and unicorns in here tonight.

Getting more and more accustomed to Gardiner winning or at least halving one on ones and generally getting us out of some high pressure situations.
Goes under the radar with Harris being a genuine top 3 defender but look up honest defender and Gardiners melon will pop up.

Anyone notice Andrews pulling Adams into the circle instead of being in the middle. Knowing Adams is very introverted he would’ve found being in the middle quite difficult. Very nice gesture from Harris.
I like the way Gellong have abandoned the soft drink shower & would like to see the Lions follow suit.

The Tackle: Mark Robinson’s likes and dislikes from Round 16
2. TOP-FOUR LIONS
Not only Brisbane’s best win of the season, it might be Brisbane’s best win under Chris Fagan. But don’t expect Coach Cool to talk finals despite them being top four after Round 16. Played better footy than the Giants and more significantly matched the harder-edged Giants in tight on their home deck. There’s always questions about rising teams and about whether they have the brand to play finals football. That question is answered for the Lions. They led throughout and when the Giants came in the final quarter, the Lions didn’t yield. Won by 20 points and lost the inside 50 count by nine. A magical win by the Lions and a crushing gloss at home for the Giants.

Back