Autopsy Liked, Learned, and Hated Round 18, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

well take a goal off brown for his dive in the ruck contest then

Ok or the goal that resulted from Marley Williams being ridden like phar lap in the lead up to the final goal

Or the inexplicable blocking free kick decision changed to a mark once hodgey spat the dummy and players already were running the way of the original decision

Or zorkos Greg Louganis effort (s)

Or punch and snipe like Cunners, or take cheap shots like Sympkin, or dive like sidshow Bob.

Sorry I didn't realize that the Kangas were the Mother Teresa's of the afl.

You saw what zorko did to simpkin he got off light

Ok or the goal that resulted from Marley Williams being ridden like phar lap in the lead up to the final goal

Or the inexplicable blocking free kick decision changed to a mark once hodgey spat the dummy and players already were running the way of the original decision

dont remember the marley one, youre right on the hodge one absolutely.

your player was the one dumb enough to kick another in the guts in front of the umpire, he deserved to have zorko dive and earn a free.

The cunnington barely bumped into zorko and you could see him literally plant his feet and push himself in the air. After what zorko was doing to simpkin a kick in the guts was a tame reaction

To be honest Brisbane were the better team and deserved the W but my word we copped a raw deal

Liked: Winning. Ugly as sin and by the barest of margins but a win's a win damnit. Desperately needed for our waning morale, if nothing else.
Learnt: Jake Lloyd is the modern-day Joel Bowden. A Fantasy beast but his actual impact on games is limited and overstated. Give me Rampe any day.
Hated: A great game in Bris/North being decided by an umpiring mistake. It deserved a better finish than that.

Liked: Tom and Jack might just be an Ok forward line, especially wit Dusty doing a few cameos - in 2019. Lots of unpredictable results
Learnt: Half the top 6 are decelerating and the other half accelerating.
hated: some appalling umpiring. (Although I can understand the Gawn call. He did pull it in. But in such a way that it wouldn't be called 98% of the time). Following on I do not understand how inconsistent the calls often are. In the back one minute, no free the next 3. HTB is ??????

Just go back to the rule book and establish clear guidelines and stick with them.

Salty child.

Or punch and snipe like Cunners, or take cheap shots like Sympkin, or dive like sidshow Bob.

Sorry I didn't realize that the Kangas were the Mother Teresa's of the afl.

Yeah the extreme irony, North have some of the dirtiest floppiest cheap shot taking cheaters in the league.

DateHome v Away TeamsResultVenueCrowdFri 19 Jul 7:20pmAdelaide v Essendon10.15 (75) – 15.6 (96)Adelaide Oval
47735​
Sat 20 Jul 1:45pmRichmond v Port Adelaide15.11 (101) – 9.9 (63)MCG
41642​
Sat 20 Jul 2:10pmCarlton v Gold Coast15.9 (99) – 11.9 (75)Marvel Stadium
31765​

Leant - Richmond apparently has 100,000 members but only 40,000 can rock up and watch a Saturday arvo home game at the G. What the???? I have learnt that they certainly aren't the biggest club as they claim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to let people state their liked learned and hated without having yet another thread descend into an autopsy debate of the Lions v North game ... since there is already one on each board and one on the main board ... *nothing* is being added by including it here as well!

Liked: Another win through grit and effort. very un-essendon
Andy McGrath & Zach Merrett. Their pace and decision making are excellent. Andy spoiling JJ after his out of bounds was beautiful to watch.
Stringers goal. GOTY contender. Shame he didn't have a crowd to applaud it. was lost in the moment a bit
Lions top 2.
GWS winning without all their stars

Learnt: Woosha's dons may have turned a corner. that was a very out of character win
Crows need to address their inability to halt momentum against them
A team should one year sack a coach every week all the way to the flag.

Hated: Amateur hour at umpire land
Digging the depths of stupidity.

Leant - Richmond apparently has 100,000 members but only 40,000 can rock up and watch a Saturday arvo home game at the G. What the???? I have learnt that they certainly aren't the biggest club as they claim.
Bombers got 20k more against the swannies a couple of weeks back. Same time slot, similar nice weather and guarantee there weren’t 20k bloods there.

Liked - Bombers 2nd half
McKenna’s party trick
Zach Merrett
Hartley showed reasonable form

Learnt - Adelaide are awful once teams get a run on (reinforced more than learnt)
Premiership is up for the taking

Hated - injuries, always injuries
Whinging about who plays where/when
Suggestions Geelong can’t play a final at KP if they want to. We’re getting further and further into WCW sports entertainment territory.

Liked: kicking the pussies’ arses again, from twelfth when they’re first.
Hated: that they won the free kick count by miles against us yet again, they have the 3 biggest umpy’s mummy’s boys in the history of the game playing for them at the same time, and yet they, from Scott down, STILL whinge to the umps at every conceivable opportunity. Biggest sooks in sporting history.

Liked: The heart of the nation game, quickly becoming one of my favourite days.

Learned: Scott Thompson is one tough man. (Ruptured testicle hurts to say even)

Hated: The Bulldogs losing another game at the selection table.

Off course it did as did numerous other free kicks during that game and in every game that has ever been played. As I've said before IMO the free kick was a mistake... and nobody has any idea how it would have impacted the result, IMO we would have still went on the win, in others opinion the Kangas would have.

What would you like the Lions to do, knock back the 4 points and forfeit the game?

Show some class

Remove this Banner Ad

Back