Race for the top 4

Remove this Banner Ad

My gut feeling tells me there is still some unexpected results yet to occur with how tight the ladder is and the teams that are drawn to play each other in these last 4 rounds. I’ve been looking at the ladder predictor myself and I can still find quite a few variations in not just the top 4 but also positions 5 to 8 as well.

I think it will come down to the teams who have the least amount of injuries and consistency of the squad who have played together as well in these last 4 weeks. (To speak about my team for a moment - Brisbane’s injury run has been amazing this year. Touch wood! And the younger players have continued to get better as the year has gone on. Plus having some very handy mature players has definitely helped too)

Collingwood and GWS seem to keep losing players at the wrong time of year as well. On the flip side Richmond are getting players back too at the right time of the year (handy isn’t it? Lol) WCE seem to be travelling ok too and Geelong might show up in September? Their record since 2011 has been patchy.

Might be a case this year where positions 1 to 5 are all pretty even chances for the flag.

The current 4 in its current order is it for mine.

1.) Geelong
2.) WC
3.) Lions
4.) Richmond

With Tigers percentage. They will need to have a 2 game turn around on lions and WC. Maybe a little too late for that.

Sucks for Geelong. Tigers at the G and perhaps a Perth prelim.

A WC v Tigers GF is firming. Massive. Can start throwing the word dynasty around whoever wins it.

Last edited:

1.) Geelong
2.) WC
3.) Lions
4.) Richmond

With Tigers percentage. They will need to have a 2 game turn around on lions and WC. Maybe a little too late for that.

A WC v Tigers GF is firming. Massive. Can start throwing the word dynasty around whoever wins it.
I think this would be the best outcome for neutrals, although I’d love Brisbane to get there but I don’t think it’ll happen.

Geelong v Richmond QF would break BF.

Should be locked in now I’d say?
Far from it. GWS won’t lose another game for the season and their percentage is way better than ours. We have to play Brisbane and West Coast. Even your mob and Carlton are danger games. I think we drop at least one and Geelong, Brisbane, West Coast and GWS round out the top four.

1.) Geelong
2.) WC
3.) Lions
4.) Richmond

Our poor percentage might be a godsend come seasons end and could be the difference between travelling to Perth or cats at the g, Chris Scott’s head is gonna explode.

Far from it. GWS won’t lose another game for the season and their percentage is way better than ours. We have to play Brisbane and West Coast. Even your mob and Carlton are danger games. I think we drop at least one and Geelong, Brisbane, West Coast and GWS round out the top four.
Fair post. No way we will beat you. No way.

If we beat you guys big chance! Confident we’ll beat Brisbane In the last game. Their game vs Geelong the week before will decide it. Gonna come down to percentage I think. Hoping Geelong fall off and we play them or Brisbane.

A west coast tiger grand final would be amazing especially if we get rance back! Champions at both ends if that happens
McGovern rance
Darling Kennedy lynch Riewoldt
Great viewing

Wise decision to go for two big forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate.... we beat GC by a point. We are s**t. Use it get your percentage up. Can’t wait to see Lynch destroy McDonald.
Percentage would be nice but I don’t think we’ll get much from the Demons. You’re much better than where you sit on the ladder.

cant see Tigers losing another game

and west coast probably only lose 1 to Tigers.

That gets them both in

I'll be tipping Carlton to beat the Weagles. Not sure why you don't think they will. Carlton are playing good footy & have as good a form line as WC do right now. Collingwood are going backwards at a rate of knots & still knocked them off at home, they struggled to get over the Dees, jury is still out on WC as it is for all the top 4 / 5. If they get two home finals they'll be almost assured of a GF spot, but that's far from a certainty.

Last edited:
I'll be tipping Carlton to beat the Weagles. Not sure why you don't think they will. Carlton are playing good footy & have as good as a form line as they do right now. Collingwood are going backwards at a rate of knots & still knocked them off at home, they struggled to get over the Dees, jury is still out on WC as it is for all the top 4 / 5. If they get two home finals they'll be almost assured of a GF spot, but that's far from a certainty.
WC have won 10 of the past 12. Probably (haven't actually checked) the best formline in the comp over the past 3 months.

And believe it or not, there is tremendous upside with 4 of their best 22 due to come back in the next 2-3 weeks.

Plus, the NicNat wildcard is still in the deck for now.

Mate we are actually not, I respect your positivity and faith but we are duly where we deserve to be. Horrible club.
Fair enough. Just my take. Think you’ll be mid table next season and a good chance to crack the eight.

Mate we are actually not, I respect your positivity and faith but we are duly where we deserve to be. Horrible club.
It’s funny how many pessimistic fans the tigers have. Obviously it’s from so many years of being s**t some supporters find it hard to believe we are now a very good football team, even after a premiership! Agree with you though, at the moment the dees are only better than the suns and if we don’t come away with a comfortable victory I’d be both disappointed and shocked.

WC have won 10 of the past 12. Probably (haven't actually checked) the best formline in the comp over the past 3 months.

And believe it or not, there is tremendous upside with 4 of their best 22 due to come back in the next 2-3 weeks.

Plus, the NicNat wildcard is still in the deck for now.

Lol, did you come up with 10 of the last 12 because the two games before that you got destroyed by the Cats & also Port at home. I guess ten of the last twelve sounds better than ten of the last fourteen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back