Bluemour Discussion Thread XVII - Coniglio means Rabbit in Italian!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just got a txt from my brother inlaw from QLD who is a professional punter saying
Voss ! I said I'm on the Teague train
He said no Voss has got the job
I then sent several txt questioning him and saying why he wouldn't get the job. I ask for source and eventually said afl journo and apparently that's all he would give him
I called bullshit #Teague2020

Just got a txt from my brother inlaw from QLD who is a professional punter saying
I then sent several txt questioning him and saying why he wouldn't get the job. I ask for source and eventually said afl journo and apparently that's all he would give him
I called bulls**t #Teague2020
Voss interview was not impressive..don’t believe all media rubbish

I certainly thought I did.

If we were to calculate the average yearly salary of an AFL player at any point in time, wouldn't it be the total yearly salary of all AFL players, divided by the number of players?

The total salary of all AFL players should also fit under the combined salary cap of all clubs. Even allowing a bit of give or take for the under/overpay allowances, you'd think it would be reasonably close to the combined cap (some clubs will be under, others over, should balance out but may skew slightly above or below the combined cap).

So if the salary cap is $12.45mil per club, and there are 18 clubs, the combined salaries of all AFL players shouldn't exceed $224.1mil.

An AFL list has, at most, 40 senior listed players. Or 720 players total across the comp. Factoring in rookies and the list sizes cannot exceed 44 players, or 792 players.

So if we take the maximum amount payable to players ($224.1mil) per year, and divide it by the number of current players:

Senior only = $311,250 per player per year on average
Senior + rookie = $282,955 per player per year on average

And yet the reported average is between 20% and 30% higher than what the cap seemingly allows.

Have I miscalculated or misinterpreted somewhere, or should we assume that the average wage is calculated some other way?

Your numbers seem good to me.

A lot of variables to consider, some clubs paying under, some over, more than just rookies on the minimum payments, players missing multiple games and not receiving match payments.

He is on $800,000 per season. A work friend is friends with the family. It came directly from his mum who just happens to control his finances
I 100% believe the source of this contention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I called bulls**t #Teague2020
You called right! Tell your sister to be careful!!!

Didn't Richardson used to be an assistant coach once here years ago but had a falling out with Malthouse?
I thought he had a falling out with Malthouse at Collingwood, went to Essendon and later served served under Ratten. When Malthouse was appointed at Carlton he left.

Edit. Just checked and after starting as coach of East Burwood, he coached Coburg in the VFL before serving as an assistant at the Bulldogs, Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton. DOC at Port, then senior coach at the Saints.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back