Bluemour Discussion Thread XVII - Coniglio means Rabbit in Italian!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Elmer - mind offering some kind of clarification of the "quitting on his team several times this season" thing?

Played every game this season up until round 16. Missed the next few after having surgery on his finger. Back in for a quiet game in round 20, dropped for rond 21 but responded with a quality showing in the NEAFL.

2018 - played every game bar one up until round 17, missed the remainder of the year with a calf injury.

2017 - played every game.

2016 - played every game bar one.

The random crap people pull out of their rears on some of these players is astounding.

Not that I disagree, but we do know players check out, even when they are on the park

Sooner or later, though, we will find the right dance partner. And if we come out and go... say... 12-10 next year, with the kids looking good, players from all over will be entertaining a move to the Blues. For sure.

We will find these dance partners but we have to be practical to understand our place in the pecking order.

The thing should we get Coniglio though, is that it legitimises us as a team really going somewhere and breaks the ice on the club being a serious mover on the trade boards.
Unfortunately though, us wanting it to happen won't have an influence on making it happen.

It's an important sell for SOS to be involved in but it's a hard sell pitting ourselves up against Hawthorn for now.

This place is going to implode if Cogs announces Hawthorn. I said all along I think he’ll go to Hawthorn, half the reason they got O’mera was for Cogs. The guy also lives with Patton and bought a restaurant at Glen Waverley, also apparently Dev Smith last night said its Hawthorn on footy classified. This is all sound like Dylan Shiel situation again, I’m not even sure Cogs would to prefer to play under Teague than Clarko?

I’d give my left nut for Cogs but reality is we have a number of things against us, it means SFA what the in the know posters are saying, they were saying Shiel was a done deal as well.

Temper expectations guys, Cogs has plenty pulling him to bloody Hawthorn.
You make some good points but we can’t ignore the noise coming from our ITK posters/media either. Too many people saying the same thing about us being the preferred option at this point for there not to be some truth

Went to Adelaide after, by all accounts, receiving a disrespectful offer from Calrton. Got paid more. Won more games. A lot more games. Kicked more goals. Family life appears stable & happy. Is adored by the Crows fans and his profile across all AFL fans have gone onto another level since leaving Carlton.
He might miss a few people at our club but not sure he'd be regretting that much....

A lower offer isn't necessarily a disrespectful one.

Adelaide offered more - good for them. Eddie wasn't exactly playing out of his skin for us and deserving of an inflated contract.

There you go.
Same story being told across multiple clubs and each as sure as the other.

If we're being objective, Coniglio to Hawthorn makes more sense than him coming to us.
Hawthorn have the better development program, one of, if no the best culture in the competition, play regularly at the MCG and have the best coach.

We have money and a promise we'll get better. Not even a coach to sell just yet and then who's that going to be and will he be more appealing than Clarkson?

Coniglio may yet happen, but one can undesrtand why he'd choose The Hawks over us.

Agreed!

Then theres 10cp bluemour...

I just wonder whether the same message is being fed to both sides as to not definitively give anything away.....

There you go.
Same story being told across multiple clubs and each as sure as the other.

If we're being objective, Coniglio to Hawthorn makes more sense than him coming to us.
Hawthorn have the better development program, one of, if no the best culture in the competition, play regularly at the MCG and have the best coach.

We have money and a promise we'll get better. Not even a coach to sell just yet and then who's that going to be and will he be more appealing than Clarkson?

Coniglio may yet happen, but one can undesrtand why he'd choose The Hawks over us.
I don’t understand or agree he will choose the hawks. Hawthorn are on the decline next year. Everyone can see this. They have spent too many years trading low draft picks to top up and plug holes with 26-28yr olds and will plummet rapidly. We are on the up, across all aspects of the club. The most exciting young list in the AFL and all coming into their own from next year. If he wants success in the next 5 years it’s definitely at Carlton. Add the fact we have a bigger supporter base, more money on offer, greater business prospects after football and soon to be more prime time televised matches and sponsorship opportunities it is a lot more attractive coming to us than Hawthorn. We are a sleeping giant. Hawthorn have already reached the summit and are coming down the other side of it. Clarkson has already had his success. Would not surprise me if he retired in 2 years time whilst the club has bottomed out. If he goes to a club because of this and the fact his best mates are there he is an idiot. He can see them as much as he wants outside of training and games whilst in Melbourne. I think he has already decided and a written agreement is in place with us. Just my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think we're not giving Hawthorn the respect they deserve. On the decline yada yada. They're still a very good football club with an ingrained winning culture and the greatest coach of all time.
Name 5 hawthorn players other than Mitchell and JOM you would take at Carlton to win us a premiership and name the 5 Carlton players they replace?

Objectively they have one poster saying Hawks plus Perth media (Vlahos and co). We have 3 ITK posters plus most if not all of the Vic media.

Betts is media rumours. Not even being considered
Papley highly unlikely. Swans won't let him go.
Coniglio hasn't made decision but club confident
Many other names in the mix not even being discussed
Teague to be announced very soon
Good to see you hombre....... :thumbsu:

Name 5 hawthorn players other than Mitchell and JOM you would take at Carlton to win us a premiership and name the 5 Carlton players they replace?

Worpel, Impey, Sicily, Liam Shiels, Wingard

and are we talking from our best 22? If so,

Marchbank, Simpson(retirement), Gibbons, Newman, Daisy(retirement)

Betts is media rumours. Not even being considered
Papley highly unlikely. Swans won't let him go.
Coniglio hasn't made decision but club confident
Many other names in the mix not even being discussed
Teague to be announced very soon

Dammit I've already become attached to having papley in 2020...

Hopefully Sydney just talking tough for now, like we did with Gibbs, gc with omeara etc...helps them drive a hard bargain at trade table.

They want to ensure they force us to offer Adelaide's first.

How do you know it was a handshake?

I’m pretty confident there are AFL rules that state you shouldn’t even be talking to FA’s let alone have them sign something that legally makes you another clubs player.

I’m excited but I’ll try and contain that until free agency window opens and he officially signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back